+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol!!! Oh my. I didn't expect that doing no:2's happened in many parts of the world!!! Apparently that occurrence is not uncommon though in Mumbai.

Nor that I wouldn't go but have no interest in South America or France or south Africa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nowhere. I want to see the world! I would LOVE to do humanitarian work overseas so would happily go to Afghanistan, Sudan etc....however, i wouldn't take kids there, so that'll have to wait until the kids have grown up and are independent. After that, I'll be off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    A bit of a spin off from the Shapelle thread. It got me thinking i definitely don't ever want to go to Bali not just because of what happened to her but there have been dodgy drinks and stuff ect. India- yep not really keen to go there it looks chaotic, hot and annoying.
    Because of what happened other? What's that exactly? Getting caught with drugs? She did that to herself. But I wouldn't want to go to Bali, purely because a girl I went to school with was murdered in the Bali bombings, that and risk of Bali belly is enough for me.

I've travelled a lot and now I don't want to visit anywhere that doesn't speak English. I find the language barrier really difficult and I feel so stupid not being able to communicate. So that leaves us with great places like Canada, USA, NZ, the UK and our good old back yard - Oz!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    A friend's husband visited India a few years ago. In the streets of Mumbai he witnessed a lady defecating in public on the side of a shop in full view of public eyes....that's when India got wiped from my list lol.
    I've seen that in Sunny Qld ... Ha!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've lived abroad and travelled the world. The 2 places I wasn't keen on before I went ended up being fantastic. As a blonde 22yo traveling alone to Turkey I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing but the people and country are amazing - I'd go back tmw.
    Had a friends wedding in NZ, had never really appealed to me as I (as many do) thought of it as a mini Australia. Sooo wrong! I've been back a few times and love it. Scenery is spectacular.
    On the other hand, places I really wanted to go to I've hated - Thailand, wouldn't go back if you paid me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is not a country in the world I wouldn't want to visit. I've travelled extensively and all countries have something to offer. I like the cultural differences more than then scenic stuff. My favorite place in the world is Africa. I was there I for almost 18 m and love love love it! My least favourite was Greece but I'm still glad I went. I've been to Bali 5 times. Never had a problem. Had my drink spiked in one of our local clubs here in oz though. The thing I yearn for with every ounce of my being is to be able to travel like I did before kids. Just can't do my kind of travel with kids unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    People know Bali isn't a country right?
    I've met people who didn't realize Africa was a lot of separate countries they thought it was one big country and the countries where like states. At least that would have kept the visa costs down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The middle east is probably the only place that I wouldnt travel due to the unrest. Otherwise anywhere. Asia is fantastic and I have done several trips there with no issues. Its a shame that the countries that have such beautiful people and places have negative press

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app