+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I've visited quite a few places most people have balked at on here..Like Iran, Kuwait, Afganistan, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria etc. I've found that despite media portrayals, most of them are filled with pretty decent good people who are open and friendly, proud of their country and culture and willing to share it with foreigners.
    Hmm, nice outlook. Maybe something to reconsider. Some of these places do have some lovely cuisine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    Okay this is going to sound a mixed up but:
    I'd love to go anywhere. I want to travel everywhere, meet different people. See different things.

But the safety aspect eg war area, high crime, food safety would stop me visiting some places.
    This exactly.

I've been to quite a few European countries, England, NZ, China, Singapore and Hong Kong. All were amazing (agree that NZ is underrated) but China was the stand out. Fascinating place.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    Maybe the obscure African countries (because they're so small there's no point etc)

But other than that, none. I want to see the world & not cotton wool myself into a safe bubble. I love culture & want to see it alllll. I will wait till some countries are safer (African continent for example) but I will get there
    This!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    People know Bali isn't a country right?
    You would be surprised by how many people think it's a country! I've come across a few people IRL who thought that!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

grumpybump  (14-02-2014),KaraB  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    You would be surprised by how many people think it's a country! I've come across a few people IRL who thought that!
    I think to many people it feels like a different country due to differences between Bali and mainland Indonesia. For example Indonesia is a mainly Muslim country, while Bali is mostly Hindu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I think to many people it feels like a different country due to differences between Bali and mainland Indonesia. For example Indonesia is a mainly Muslim country, while Bali is mostly Hindu.
    I don't think a lot of people would know that to be honest, especially regarding differences in religion . I think it's more to do with the fact that the island of Bali is a popular tourist destination, so they don't really connect Bali to the rest of Indonesia. Also, there is no 'mainland' Indonesia because it's an archipelago, although a couple of the islands are a lot bigger than others.

I actually far prefer travelling to the other islands as opposed to Bali.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I actually saw the same thing in Bankstown once - granted it was a Friday night and she was sucking the life out a wine cask but still gross and yes I've never been back!
    I've seen this in Hurstville!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I don't think a lot of people would know that to be honest, especially regarding differences in religion . I think it's more to do with the fact that the island of Bali is a popular tourist destination, so they don't really connect Bali to the rest of Indonesia. Also, there is no 'mainland' Indonesia because it's an archipelago, although a couple of the islands are a lot bigger than others.

I actually far prefer travelling to the other islands as opposed to Bali.
    I agree that there is such a difference between Bali and the rest of Indonesia. Hence I mentioned I wouldn't go to Bali, but I would go to the rest of Indonesia if given the opportunity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    A friend's husband visited India a few years ago. In the streets of Mumbai he witnessed a lady defecating in public on the side of a shop in full view of public eyes....that's when India got wiped from my list lol.
    I saw this in Vienna too - not what you'd expect from Austria but I'd definitely go back there

Thanks
    Reviews
    So basically people defecate in the street all over the world

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014),ProudMumma34  (14-02-2014)