+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dizzy with normal low bp but higher heart rate

I've been having bouts of dizziness today which concerns me as I have a clotting disorder (but am on aspirin). Have checked bp and heart rate today a couple of times. Blood pressure is usually low and is 90/47 when laying down and 104/60 when sitting up. My pulse/heart rate is around 80 which is higher than usual, especially considering I've been sitting down resting.

Seeing my gp on Friday. Should I see someone sooner or does this sound okay. I never had ongoing dizziness with my other pregnancies, only one short seizure at the start of one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, so I just read a little online and it said that in the middle of pregnancy is when blood pressure is at its lowest and not to do anything like...driving, exercising, being in hot situations. Well, that summed up my day and situation - being a taxi, having a workout and well, it's summer.

It said that the body is in the process of making enough blood and is a little 'light on' at the moment - I suppose this might explain a raised heart rate if it is trying to pump a less-than-adequate blood supply around.

Hoping this is all it is - will check with our gp. If I had had it in other pregnancies I wouldn't be worried now. I can't not take ds to school based on I 'might' feel dizzy again at some point in the next 6 weeks, but I'm also concerned about driving as I don't want to harm anyone.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 12-02-2014 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been really dizzy this pregnancy. My bp monitor says low usually about 90/50 but is always normal at appointments. I'm having holter monitor fitted in few weeks as getting skipped heart beats and hr went up to 115 one day! That may have been me panicking about the dizziness tho. I mentioned at antenatal yesterday and dr just shrugged. I was feeling fine during apt so still wonder if get low bp at times. I'm finding eating and drinking regularly and taking rests helps but sometimes I feel so dizzy my eyes are blurry. I worry about fainting but never have. I never had in previous pregnancies so this really bugs me. A few times I've had to drive to school/preschool pick ups like that as we have no family here so if I don't get kids they aren't got!! I'm also low in iron and lack energy, tbh these symptoms are making this a very unpleasant pregnancy! Let me know what your doctor says

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure will - your symptoms sound very similar. Usually in my pregnancies I feel really good in second tri, but with this one I feel really fatigued and like I still get a bout of sickness at night with just feeling unwell.

I think I'll ask her to doppler tonight too - bubs has been on the quiet side. Can't wait to have those big definite movements to put my mind at ease.