+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Yes I have a paper thin uterus I am about to have my 5th c section in 11 weeks. During my 2nd c section the doc said the same thing to me and not to have any more children. I had a baby after that, a c section at 38 weeks without a problem, i recovered very well after that one. Then another c section 2 years ago, they measured my caesarean scar via ultrasound and it was 1mm at 34 weeks (-that's one tenth of a centimeter thick), and had her at 37 weeks via c section. This time they are keeping a closer eye on me. My scar thickness was checked this time at 20 weeks measuring 1 and a half millimeters thick. I get another scan at 28 weeks- in 2 weeks time to see where it's at. I imagine it will be around the 1mm mark by then. Anything less than that and I will worry. What can happen before a uterine rupture is called uterine dehiscence. http://www.medicotips.com/2012/03/ut...cence.html?m=1 If this happens to me I expect to be on bed rest and or to deliver by c section earlier than 37 weeks which is the current plan if my scar holds up. If you like I can let you know what happens either way as I go But so far so good. I am high risk though but have an excellent doctor so I'm reasonably calm about it atm.
    Thanks KaraB, if you could let me know that would be great. Good luck with it all! x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep get a second opinion I say. If you're in Sydney I can PM you the name of my doctor- he is awesome

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    Thanks KaraB, if you could let me know that would be great. Good luck with it all! x
    For sure I will let you know There isn't a lot of information out there, I know I looked too. It's good to hear a first hand account Mind you I've had many more c sections than you so i'd say it's still possible to have more and be ok..
    Last edited by KaraB; 16-02-2014 at 14:08.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Yep get a second opinion I say. If you're in Sydney I can PM you the name of my doctor- he is awesome
    If you could that'd be great, I'm in Syd