+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Thin uterine wall

So I had a c sect 3 weeks ago, this was my second c section.
    My ob was cutting into something and discovered that my uterine wall was "paper thin" - he said he's never seen anything like it or that severe in his many years of practice. He accidentally nicked my bladder which was fused to my uterine wall and they had to get a urologist to repair while i was put under GA.
    the ob has said to me that bubs was sitting on the membranes because the wall was so thin and has told me that I should not have anymore children. Im feeling lucky that he didn't allow me to try for VBAC as he said it was high possible that i could have experienced a uterine rupture. Has anyone come across this and have gone on to have more children? Is it something that can be repaired?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't read and not answer. I have never heard of anything like this and if your OB has never seen it then I'd say its extremely rare. Maybe see if your OB can point you in a direction for so e research or further info. There must be other cases out there somewhere.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sashie For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My MIL has seen it (she is a mw). But only in women that have had lots of children. I would see if your ob has anymore info, was it your uterine wall or was it a scar from a previous c section that had stretched?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    My mum had this. She had 4 pregnancies in total but one was an early miscarriage and her second was born too early. She went on to have my brother and me but when I was born (1979) her doctor told her that she couldn't have any more babies. When she had the caesarean with me, he could see my hair sticking through her uterus. Mum also had a bicornuate uterus (as do I) so that was the cause of some of her problems.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw sorry to hear this hun, food for thought for me as ive had one section and was hoping for a vbac in May :/

But id take ur doctors advice, if he has said no more children i wouldnt risk it personally. Hope youre doing ok, mustve been a huge shock

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sis has had 2 csections. After her 2nd the ob said she'd really have to weigh up her options if considering a 3rd as it was very thin. If she decided to go ahead she'd be closely monitored and bub delivered early if all goes well.
    She has decided not to have anymore.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have a paper thin uterus I am about to have my 5th c section in 11 weeks. During my 2nd c section the doc said the same thing to me and not to have any more children. I had a baby after that, a c section at 38 weeks without a problem, i recovered very well after that one. Then another c section 2 years ago, they measured my caesarean scar via ultrasound and it was 1mm at 34 weeks (-that's one tenth of a centimeter thick), and had her at 37 weeks via c section. This time they are keeping a closer eye on me. My scar thickness was checked this time at 20 weeks measuring 1 and a half millimeters thick. I get another scan at 28 weeks- in 2 weeks time to see where it's at. I imagine it will be around the 1mm mark by then. Anything less than that and I will worry. What can happen before a uterine rupture is called uterine dehiscence. http://www.medicotips.com/2012/03/ut...cence.html?m=1 If this happens to me I expect to be on bed rest and or to deliver by c section earlier than 37 weeks which is the current plan if my scar holds up. If you like I can let you know what happens either way as I go But so far so good. I am high risk though but have an excellent doctor so I'm reasonably calm about it atm.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob is very.. Umm.. Conservative. Okay, he's a dinosaur. It's hard because he saw it and I don't know if he is being over cautious. I think it can't hurt to get a second opinion, right?
    I had said to myself throughout pregnancy that this was probably my last baby for financial reasons - I simply don't know how we could support more.. However it's different when that decision is taken away from you. Thanks for your answers ladies, I'm pretty resigned it to it now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (16-02-2014)