+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Watch her when she's laying down. Does she swallow all the time? Is she fussier after a feed? If yes, it could be reflux. My 7mo DS has it. Try keeping her upright (on your shoulder or in a carrier or little chair) for 20-30 mins after a feed. That makes a big difference to my little guy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with the other posts. It's normal for some babies and it's hard on mum. A dummy will help if baby will take one.

If you can get past the first 12-15 weeks it will get better. Keep putting on the Lansinoh and give your noobs some air time without a bub attached to them.

The other thing you might want to check with your doc for is reflux. Reflux babies tend to feed a lot as the milk makes the burn feel better. I'd look into that as a possible cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw that you've considered reflux. I got a prescription for my second for meds and it made quite a difference. Go see the doc today and try to stay strong. Hugs.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    So it dawned on me last night that she may have reflux.
    How would I know if she's spewing from feeding too often or she's feeding often because she's spewing?
    My DS ridding have bad reflux that was diagnosed by a doc, but I'm pretty sure there was something there. Have you tried block feeding? It made a big difference to us - he was less chucky and therefore went longer between feeds...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    My DS ridding have bad reflux that was diagnosed by a doc, but I'm pretty sure there was something there. Have you tried block feeding? It made a big difference to us - he was less chucky and therefore went longer between feeds...
    I started that again this morning, hopefully it works!
    We have a paeds appointment next week so I'll ask them.

I actually feel a bit better about it all since thinking about reflux after she soaked us both at 2am... if it is reflux, hopefully we can resolve it rather than just having a boob addict, iykwim?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After talking to Tressilian and the ABA I am also trying block feeding including hand expressing foremilk into a towel rather than letting bub drink it. He's already more settled after one day, but they said it takes 4-5 days to really know if it's working. Here's hoping you get a strategy that works for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    After talking to Tressilian and the ABA I am also trying block feeding including hand expressing foremilk into a towel rather than letting bub drink it. He's already more settled after one day, but they said it takes 4-5 days to really know if it's working. Here's hoping you get a strategy that works for you!
    What's block feeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    What's block feeding?
    Offering only one side for a certain time (usually 3-4 hours), switch and repeat

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (19-02-2014),Twocam  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup Bubbles is right. https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfi...verload-babies explains the theory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week