+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd swap the higher BP before birth to after. I'm on 4 weeks strict bed rest or go back to hospital. Pump & dumping. Loads of medications. Feel like **** every second of the day. Can't even look after or comfort my daughter on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    I'd swap the higher BP before birth to after. I'm on 4 weeks strict bed rest or go back to hospital. Pump & dumping. Loads of medications. Feel like **** every second of the day. Can't even look after or comfort my daughter on my own.
    That sounds horrible. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I hope you get better quickly! What causes high BP after birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kd0085 - My ob was mean and teased me when he took my BP yesterday! I'd just been telling him how we were getting very impatient and I was very ready for this to happen. Then after he took my BP, he hesitated and said, "Well, unfortunately...." *I got excited cause I thought it might be up and he might want to induce* "... your blood pressure is still excellent. If it wasn't I might've been able to do something for you!" Such a tease. (Not that I WANT high BP, I know it's a bad thing, I'm not trying to make light of that)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd0085 View Post
    That sounds horrible. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I hope you get better quickly! What causes high BP after birth?
    My beautiful little girl Ava was born on 5/2/14 at 37+2.
    It was a long complicated pregnancy starting with OHSS that saw me hospitalised for most of my first trimester and regularly thereafter. Influenza B saw me back in hospital in isolation. Gestational Diabetes saw me go into early labour.

What I'd never heard of and was not prepared for was what happened after the birth. By all accounts it was a normal labour and delivery, my waters broke at 2pm active labour started at 6pm and Ava was born at 10:24pm.

A few hours later, back in my room when things had calmed I realised I had a headache, so I took some Panadol. It never went away. 4 days later I was discharged and still had this headache. But I thought - new mum, lack of sleep, hormones all over the place - this is normal.

Fast forward to day 9 Ava's post natal checkup. I mentioned the headache that I still had, the MW took my blood pressure and it was 160/110. My OB was called and I was immediately admitted to hospital. I was suffering post partum pre eclampsia and a leak from my epidural. So I had to have a blood patch with a second epidural and spend 12 hours flat on my back. It's only thanks to some amazing staff and my continued speaking up that something wasn't right that this was detected.

I was discharged on Monday and I'm on strict bed rest, zero stress, limited visitors and visits for then next 4 weeks not to mention a barrage of medication. Not how I imagined my life with a newborn BUT I'm alive.

Post partum pre eclampsia can be a killer. So ladies please...I BEG YOU! If something doesn't feel right in your body SPEAK UP and SPEAK LOUDLY. Make yourself heard. We are the only ones who know our bodies. We don't have to be super mums. We need to stop putting so much pressure on ourselves and LISTEN to our bodies.

All the best to you all
    Jade
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    My beautiful little girl Ava was born on 5/2/14 at 37+2.
    It was a long complicated pregnancy starting with OHSS that saw me hospitalised for most of my first trimester and regularly thereafter. Influenza B saw me back in hospital in isolation. Gestational Diabetes saw me go into early labour.

What I'd never heard of and was not prepared for was what happened after the birth. By all accounts it was a normal labour and delivery, my waters broke at 2pm active labour started at 6pm and Ava was born at 10:24pm.

A few hours later, back in my room when things had calmed I realised I had a headache, so I took some Panadol. It never went away. 4 days later I was discharged and still had this headache. But I thought - new mum, lack of sleep, hormones all over the place - this is normal.

Fast forward to day 9 Ava's post natal checkup. I mentioned the headache that I still had, the MW took my blood pressure and it was 160/110. My OB was called and I was immediately admitted to hospital. I was suffering post partum pre eclampsia and a leak from my epidural. So I had to have a blood patch with a second epidural and spend 12 hours flat on my back. It's only thanks to some amazing staff and my continued speaking up that something wasn't right that this was detected.

I was discharged on Monday and I'm on strict bed rest, zero stress, limited visitors and visits for then next 4 weeks not to mention a barrage of medication. Not how I imagined my life with a newborn BUT I'm alive.

Post partum pre eclampsia can be a killer. So ladies please...I BEG YOU! If something doesn't feel right in your body SPEAK UP and SPEAK LOUDLY. Make yourself heard. We are the only ones who know our bodies. We don't have to be super mums. We need to stop putting so much pressure on ourselves and LISTEN to our bodies.

All the best to you all
    Jade
    xx

geez cheeky!

I hope you are well again soon... What a terrible time you've had

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for making us aware of post partum pre eclampsia cheeky. I never knew it existed! Thanks for sharing ur experience and knowledge. We will now keep an eye out for it. I hope u feel better soon. Xx

Sent from my SM-P600 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah cheeky sounds awful. So sorry your having a tough time. Thanks for informing us as I had no idea about that condition. I had heard about head-ache with epidural but told it was VERY rare (ye right??). Hope you BP clears up soon, take it easy & get as much help as you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheeky that's so crazy. You never expect anything like that to happen after the birth. It's certainly something i will be aware of if anything doesn't seem right. Take it easy and I hope you get better soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheeky u poor thing !! 4 weeks is a long time Hope u are starting to feel better x

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub has arrived.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

loveandlive  (22-02-2014),Sariele  (22-02-2014)