+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 393
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    0
    I'd swap the higher BP before birth to after. I'm on 4 weeks strict bed rest or go back to hospital. Pump & dumping. Loads of medications. Feel like **** every second of the day. Can't even look after or comfort my daughter on my own.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    59
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    I'd swap the higher BP before birth to after. I'm on 4 weeks strict bed rest or go back to hospital. Pump & dumping. Loads of medications. Feel like **** every second of the day. Can't even look after or comfort my daughter on my own.
    That sounds horrible. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I hope you get better quickly! What causes high BP after birth?

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kd0085 - My ob was mean and teased me when he took my BP yesterday! I'd just been telling him how we were getting very impatient and I was very ready for this to happen. Then after he took my BP, he hesitated and said, "Well, unfortunately...." *I got excited cause I thought it might be up and he might want to induce* "... your blood pressure is still excellent. If it wasn't I might've been able to do something for you!" Such a tease. (Not that I WANT high BP, I know it's a bad thing, I'm not trying to make light of that)

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd0085 View Post
    That sounds horrible. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I hope you get better quickly! What causes high BP after birth?
    My beautiful little girl Ava was born on 5/2/14 at 37+2.
    It was a long complicated pregnancy starting with OHSS that saw me hospitalised for most of my first trimester and regularly thereafter. Influenza B saw me back in hospital in isolation. Gestational Diabetes saw me go into early labour.

    What I'd never heard of and was not prepared for was what happened after the birth. By all accounts it was a normal labour and delivery, my waters broke at 2pm active labour started at 6pm and Ava was born at 10:24pm.

    A few hours later, back in my room when things had calmed I realised I had a headache, so I took some Panadol. It never went away. 4 days later I was discharged and still had this headache. But I thought - new mum, lack of sleep, hormones all over the place - this is normal.

    Fast forward to day 9 Ava's post natal checkup. I mentioned the headache that I still had, the MW took my blood pressure and it was 160/110. My OB was called and I was immediately admitted to hospital. I was suffering post partum pre eclampsia and a leak from my epidural. So I had to have a blood patch with a second epidural and spend 12 hours flat on my back. It's only thanks to some amazing staff and my continued speaking up that something wasn't right that this was detected.

    I was discharged on Monday and I'm on strict bed rest, zero stress, limited visitors and visits for then next 4 weeks not to mention a barrage of medication. Not how I imagined my life with a newborn BUT I'm alive.

    Post partum pre eclampsia can be a killer. So ladies please...I BEG YOU! If something doesn't feel right in your body SPEAK UP and SPEAK LOUDLY. Make yourself heard. We are the only ones who know our bodies. We don't have to be super mums. We need to stop putting so much pressure on ourselves and LISTEN to our bodies.

    All the best to you all
    Jade
    xx

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    815
    Thanks
    516
    Thanked
    257
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    My beautiful little girl Ava was born on 5/2/14 at 37+2.
    It was a long complicated pregnancy starting with OHSS that saw me hospitalised for most of my first trimester and regularly thereafter. Influenza B saw me back in hospital in isolation. Gestational Diabetes saw me go into early labour.

    What I'd never heard of and was not prepared for was what happened after the birth. By all accounts it was a normal labour and delivery, my waters broke at 2pm active labour started at 6pm and Ava was born at 10:24pm.

    A few hours later, back in my room when things had calmed I realised I had a headache, so I took some Panadol. It never went away. 4 days later I was discharged and still had this headache. But I thought - new mum, lack of sleep, hormones all over the place - this is normal.

    Fast forward to day 9 Ava's post natal checkup. I mentioned the headache that I still had, the MW took my blood pressure and it was 160/110. My OB was called and I was immediately admitted to hospital. I was suffering post partum pre eclampsia and a leak from my epidural. So I had to have a blood patch with a second epidural and spend 12 hours flat on my back. It's only thanks to some amazing staff and my continued speaking up that something wasn't right that this was detected.

    I was discharged on Monday and I'm on strict bed rest, zero stress, limited visitors and visits for then next 4 weeks not to mention a barrage of medication. Not how I imagined my life with a newborn BUT I'm alive.

    Post partum pre eclampsia can be a killer. So ladies please...I BEG YOU! If something doesn't feel right in your body SPEAK UP and SPEAK LOUDLY. Make yourself heard. We are the only ones who know our bodies. We don't have to be super mums. We need to stop putting so much pressure on ourselves and LISTEN to our bodies.

    All the best to you all
    Jade
    xx

    geez cheeky!

    I hope you are well again soon... What a terrible time you've had

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cairns
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    222
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks for making us aware of post partum pre eclampsia cheeky. I never knew it existed! Thanks for sharing ur experience and knowledge. We will now keep an eye out for it. I hope u feel better soon. Xx

    Sent from my SM-P600 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    69
    Reviews
    0
    Ah cheeky sounds awful. So sorry your having a tough time. Thanks for informing us as I had no idea about that condition. I had heard about head-ache with epidural but told it was VERY rare (ye right??). Hope you BP clears up soon, take it easy & get as much help as you can.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    59
    Reviews
    0
    Cheeky that's so crazy. You never expect anything like that to happen after the birth. It's certainly something i will be aware of if anything doesn't seem right. Take it easy and I hope you get better soon xx

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Cheeky u poor thing !! 4 weeks is a long time Hope u are starting to feel better x

  10. #90
    littlesunflowers's Avatar
    littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked
    188
    Reviews
    0
    Bub has arrived.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

    loveandlive  (22-02-2014),Sariele  (22-02-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014 #3
    By Wishnhope in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 21:55
  2. IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2014
    By Ivfnewbie in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 15-10-2013, 10:45
  3. IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014
    By Sunshinebell in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 1030
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 17:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
KindyROO
KindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available at three Brisbane and two Gold Coast locations. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!