+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It does get better Hoots. I found that expressing for the night time feeds work better she has a longer sleep. Feed her a bottle around 12am and another at 3am. Feed from the breast during the day. Your nipples get use to it. I was giving up but my friend said it gets easier and it does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, breast feeding is tough... No matter what they say, it DOES hurt for a start, and, if you want to continue, you really just have to push past the pain until your nipples get used to it. If you are having trouble, I recommend going to a breast feeding clinic (I think most of the hospitals have one) for help ASAP... I went with DD, and the lady patiently helped me to get her attached properly, and offered some really useful advice.

good luck, but also, I think it's important to remember, that if you do decide to switch to formula, your bubs will be fine .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I spent some time with my midwife today having her help me. I feel a lot more comfortable now and have managed to get him to latch by myself. I think I just needed a confidence boost (it's been a rough few days lol)
    William is feeding quite nicely now and is a lot more alert and vocal.
    I must say he is more at ease with his daddy though - they have most definitely bonded
    Good luck to the next batch of mummas - I wouldn't have life any other way!!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (19-02-2014),Pilbara  (18-02-2014),Twocam  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'll done Hoots! I must admit when I hear how many people find BF difficult to establish I am amazed that anyone persists. I felt lucky that BF was easy for me, but problems are emerging now - seems my abundant supply is giving DS tummy aches Awful to think I am the cause of his distress....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah it sounds so amazing to be a mum I really can't wait. You ladies sound like your having an amazing time.

Trying everything in the book to get things ready for labour, as I am completely OVER it!!! I now have swollen ankles and carpel tunnel is driving me mental. On the up I guess it means I'm very close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not long now lyndsay!

Little sunflowers - anything happening yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshinebell how are you and your LO?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    We'll done Hoots! I must admit when I hear how many people find BF difficult to establish I am amazed that anyone persists. I felt lucky that BF was easy for me, but problems are emerging now - seems my abundant supply is giving DS tummy aches Awful to think I am the cause of his distress....
    I may have jumped the gun a bit early lol since my last post I haven't been able to get him to latch! I'm thinking of trying expressing milk for feeds as he is ripping my nipples apart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Hoots! Sorry to hear you are having a hard time bf, maybe try a nipple guard?? I've been told it can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nipples are sensitive at first so they need toughening up that's why it's good to try without a nipple guard first but found the Avent nipple guards brilliant to ease some of the pain at the start of the feed then took them off - didn't know they existed till the MW gave them to me.