+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachel - How are you going?

I have been spotting today - not sure if it will become AF tomorrow or just fizzle out.

I cried every day for weeks since FS said to completely stop BFing, and still feel sad inside. I actually couldn't bear stopping completely and have snuck him the odd feed here and there, when I take him to the shops or when DH is asleep. Today I hand squeezed about 20ml out of my breasts into a bottle that I fed to him when he came home. I could have got more if I kept on going.

At the 4 month checkup, F was 7.11 kg, and 67cm. Have not started solids, thinking will try a week before 6 months old. This will be 2 weeks before I have to go back to work. He sleeps in a cot in our room and it will probably stay that way for a while. I am enclosing part of the deck to make a room for him. This will probably be more of a play space for him at first rather than his sleeping quarters since I'd like to keep an eye on him while he is asleep for a bit longer.

He is now in childcare 5 days/week. I miss him while he is away, but I my maternity leave will finish soon and I have to go back to work. Since the days were available I took them since they might not become available later exactly when I need them. Also I can now work full time on building his room. When I go back to work I might see if I can take one day of my recreation leave every week for the rest of the year, and drop one of the childcare days, so that I can spend a day with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Chook, I know how you feel. Love breastfeeding but AF still hasn't shown and we hoped to try IVF at least once before she was 6 mths. Cut out all feeds now, no little nibbles anymore DH said she'll thank me once she has a sibling.

We are going away soon so will try solids when we get back. Think it's better to give her fresh vegetables then the fatty formula I'm giving her.

5 day/week is a lot. Pretty tough on you I bet. I still need to list her somewhere Task for next week!

Might see a naturopath maybe they can hurry it up for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, how are you and bubs going? My LO is 5 months today - where has the time gone?? She is able to hold her own bottle! AF finally showed so now it's time to start preparing for IVF again. Has anyone started a cycle? Do to know how I am going to make it for the morning bloods or EPUs etc.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 20-06-2014 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachael - great news that AF showed and you can get the show on the road.

I had spotting start last Wed and I had and sore back that normally comes with AF. I ended up with a very light flow on Fri/Sat and spotting up to Mon. FS said to wait for a normal AF to start IVF. Hopefully this first spotty AF was just a warmup and next AF will be normal.

F sometimes holds the bottle during a feed, sometimes he is too busy playing with his hands and other times too sleepy.

It also looks like he is about to get a tooth! This morning felt in his mouth and there was something sharp in the lower left gum. Finally managed to look in there and there was a little bit of white just showing.

I'm going back to work on Jul 21. The last few weeks he was in childcare 5 days/week but I've decided to drop the Friday so I can have more time with him. I've got about 20 days of recreation leave still unused this year, almost enough to take every Friday as leave for the rest of the year. Around Nov/Dec work really quietens down so it won't matter so much then. Also thinking I might try a few teaspoons of solids from next weekend - he'll be 5.5 months old and it'll give time to try solids a bit before I go back to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel, glad to see everything is going well. Bubs is gorgeous and looks very happy and healthy (I think we all made beautiful babies)
    Harrison is 4 months on Saturday and really starting to enjoy motherhood. It's been a tough few months for us with health issues such as reflux and dairy intolerances but I think as he gets older it gets a little bit easier.
    Love seeing smiles and hearing giggles ☺️
    Think we might wait a couple of years before starting another cycle. Not sure if I could cope with another one just yet 😁
    Good luck with your next cycle. Hope you have success. Lots of positive vibes your way. Look forward to the updates.

My little man 😀
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1403745091.775070.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1403745106.415195.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1403745124.601914.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the late reply ladies. Great reading about your bubs. KD your little man is gorgeous, looks like a happy bub.

Made the call to the clinic. Really not ready to go again. Thought AF would have arrived earlier that we could try naturally for a while. Oh well I'm sure it will be fine once we start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachael3 - How are you going?

I still haven't had a proper AF. I had about 6 days of spotting but that was over 40 days ago.

Frank has had his 6 month checkup and weighed 8.36 kg. He has one tooth starting to come through on the bottom left. I have returned to work, he is in childcare 4 days/week, and I am taking every Friday as recreation leave to spend with him.

Have been trying little bits of solids and I think we have finally turned a corner. Up until a few days ago, every time I tried to feed him anything but banana, he would only take a spoon or two and then start turning his head backwards and forwards, mouth clammed shut. I ended up throwing away a lot each time. The exception to this was banana, which he actually willingly ate and opened his mouth when the spoon approached. The last few days, he has suddenly started eating everything. This has included a cube each of carrot and pumpkin last night, a cube each of apple and pear today, and a pureed beef casserole today (first time he has eaten meat). At childcare they have a chef and also feed him purees there.
    Last edited by chook11; 27-07-2014 at 17:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chook,

Great to read your update on little Frank. 4 days must be hard but the place sounds nice.

My LO is 6 mths as well and weighs 8.4kg. She is on solids 3 times a day..baby porridge for breakkie and home made purees for lunch and dinner. The lady at the ECC said she still needs to have 3-4 bottles a day as well.

Haven't tried any fruit yet. Getting her use to the veggies first.

AF arrived like clockwork after the first AF so I have my first BT tomorrow for our last FET. A little excited and a little nervous, it will be very different this time as I need to take her in with me.

Good luck with Solids. They say to give them a break and start again if they start to refuse.

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachael - Good luck for the blood test tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachael3 - Just to let you know I finally got AF. Have started my cycle, but it is a priming cycle where I take progynova, primolut and testosterone gel during the first month, and start IVF stims the second month.