+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Frankie was 3 months old on the 15th and he is getting more interesting. He now grabs some of his toys while lying on his playmat, he smiles at DH and I, and makes little noises and squeals of delight.

The childcare centre staff told me that he rolled from back to front by himself yesterday. He hasn't done this at home yet.

Sunshine - I'm completely exhausted from being up every 2-3 hours to pump. In a week or so I will have enough for 5x100ml for 3 months. Then I might drop off the night pumping and only pump enough during the day to maintain the frozen store at replacement level. Perhaps after the reduced pumping AF might come back.

Often I fall asleep pumping in the early hours of the morning. I woke up several times slumped forward at my desk holding the two shields on my breasts. The pump times out and stops after 30 min and sometimes it had stopped when I woke up.

Since I have to pump so often, can't be away from home for too long. Otherwise my breasts start to feel engorged while out shopping. The pump accompanies me on trips to both sets of parents and some friends. I even took it to work a couple of times, and blocked off my office window to pump there (I'm still on maternity leave, but go into work to meet people sometimes)

Rachel3 - Yes replacing one feed with formula allows that feed to be pumped and frozen. As far as I understand if milk is removed from your breasts, either by pumping or feeding, this gives the signal for your body to make more. Your prolactin levels will still be high and it won't help AF to come back sooner.

I have no idea how much weaning would be needed for AF to come back. As Pilbara says It is different for different women. Some ladies get AF back on time after the big post pregnancy bleed, despite fully breastfeeding, others might not get it back for months. My AF was very irregular, and had not had it for 3 months before the successful cycle.

Still haven't written to the ABA local groups, maybe I can get this done today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, just checking in to see how everyone is doing? Well done Chook that is great effort.

My LO is great just over 3 months. She has started to chew her hand teething. Bruers Teething Gel was recommended as Bronjela has been banned in the UK due to it's high alcohol content.

Will try formula for the first time this week to ween her off. Hopefully AF doesn't take too long, would like to BF and FF if possible. She loves the boob!

Has anyone tried Bellamy's organic formula?

Bub is smiling so much more, loves to play and be social. Sleep is from around 10:30pm until 6am, feed then she sleeps again. Really loving this age. Want to take her everywhere but looking forward to FF when I'm out shopping as BF takes too long.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1398557597.527813.jpg
    Last edited by Rachael3; 27-04-2014 at 10:54.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

chook11  (06-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael. Your little girl is absolutely precious. So cute loving the outfit. We used Bellamys Organic for Henry he loved it and many of our friends use it aswell. Unfortunately Henry has a cows milk protein allergy so is now on soy but I absolutely recommend Bellamys.

My fingers are crossed for you that af comes very soon, such an exciting time.

Henry is going well 12 weeks now. Had a shakey last few weeks with the allergy and feeding issues but he is eating again and happy which is the best thing. He still struggles to eat in different environments unfortunately, DH and I are taking him out regularly to get him used to it. Henry has found his hands and is touching objects and trying to grab them. He is not good at this at all, concentrating so hard he goes cross eyed haha. We are not sure if the hand sucking and dribble are teething signs or not. How did you know?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Tommi; 27-04-2014 at 10:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tommi and rachel
    Rach LO is gorgeous.

Doesn't seem that ling ago April was just like Henry. Still has a hand fascination but can really grasp things now and lives her tags elephant and caterpillar. Pulls them to herself.

Yes we use Bellamy mainly cause was recommended by someone to try that I trust and the Novalac colic formula smelt foul going in and out and up. Have used for three weeks and Aprils wind is back the last week so will monitor. Think it may be as shes got her first miserable heartbreaking cold that has had me working round the clock with vick rubs, vaporizers, long long chocking gagging air sucking feeds. I did take her to dr thurs night for peace if mind but just a baby cold.

Hugs for everyone. .x
    Sorry haven't bought myself to make a Facebook account still. If I do you'll all be the first to know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah forgot the important ... April is rolling... a proud mumma who was video skyping nanny at the time it first happened.

She finally loves tummytime and neck getting stronger.

In no hurry to do solids til 6mths. She shows all the signs but the still head and is fascinated when we eat. Talked to health nurse last week she saud people think its a race now days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear ladies...they all develop in their own little time.

Tommi, we can tell she is teething because she chews her hand and sometimes the wrap. She sometimes has drawl but it's more her hand nibbling. My friends daughter is doing the same and this is her 2nd. She wasn't doing this before.

Sunshinebell hope you're LO gets better. I just stocked up on baby panadol, nitrogen, Bruers teething gel and infants friend just in case.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 27-04-2014 at 20:49.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frankie is also chewing his hand, and drooling everywhere. I read this could be an early sign of teeth growing, though teeth still might not appear for months.

At childcare last week they said he rolled over from back to front, but he hasn't done this at home yet. On his playmat he lifts up his bum like he is trying to roll over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I finally did it! Who do I pm with my details for our facebook closed group?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey sunshinebell I can add you if you like. I will PM you.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app