+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
    I haven't tried a lactation consultant, I've got wonky nipples Is that something that they can fix??
    Well the one I ended up working with has helped a lot of people with a lot of different issues...I guess you won't know they could help unless you consult one. I doubt they'd actually *fix* your nipples, but they might have strategies to get around the wonkiness. My GP referred me to one or you could use the links from here to find one: https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/rol...on-consultants
    They do cost, though. For me it was worth the money spent on a few consultations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=Sunshinebell;

What am missing on the facebook group. Should I join fb just so I can stay in the loop with you all. I want to know more of how everyone is doing.

Xx[/QUOTE]

Yes, sunshine, you absolutely should ...you too littlesunflowers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    I shall attempt to join fb and let you know so you can get me in!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Sorry to derail this thread but can you clear some messages out of your inbox Sunshine? I've been trying to PM you back about the SOR meet facebook page! Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Help!!. Ive been trying to find how to delete pm inbox when full. Can anone explain how to from the phone apps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine - DH snoring is horrible. I think it is the worst noise in the world and it makes me feel resentful because he is there snoring not having his sleep affected at all and I am up all night. I put in earplugs to sleep, trouble is then I don't hear the baby until his cries are really loud. I prefer to intercept and take care of him before he becomes really unsettled.

Does your little girl now sleep through the night, and if so, when did that start? Frank is now nearly 13 weeks and it is still a mixture. There have been a few nights where he has only woken once. Other nights he is back to 3 hourly waking. Of course I am up every 2-3 hours to pump so little sleep anyway. Night time he pretty good and usually goes straight back to sleep after a feed.

Daytime however, is different. He always wakes up at 6am and then will not go back to sleep. Just during the last few days, I think I have found a trick to get him to sleep during the day. Up until now I have not been able to get him to reliably sleep during the day at all. The new trick seems to work most of the time. I brought up a pram from downstairs, put him in the pram with a cloth over to make it dark for him, and rock the pram to and fro. It only works if everything else is fine, such as nappy clean and he is well fed. He also won't sleep if he is in the mood for play. I hadn't used a pram much up until a week or two ago when I finally took one along to the mothers group, and noticed that he fell asleep in it while sitting in a cafe.

I have tried incorporating one formula feed at night, so I can pump and freeze even more. It doesn't seem to make him sleep longer. I am pumping 12 bags of 100ml to freeze every day, as well as 5 bottles of 100 ml for baby to drink, as well as a couple of direct breast feeds. He is now in childcare two days per week, so those days I can pump to a schedule, and also do a lot of pumping at night when he's asleep.

Reason I am pumping and freezing like crazy is that DH is impatient to get back to IVF again. FS wants me to finish breastfeeding before doing IVF again. I feel heartbroken to end BF totally before baby is ready. I have been doing some reading and think it may not be necessary to stop completely. The first factor to consider is the possible effect of IVF drugs on baby. This can be eliminated by feeding him from frozen stores while I take the drugs, and hopefully be able to entice him back to the breast and rebuild supply after that. The second factor to consider is the effect of prolactin on the cycle. The docs just say to give up breastfeeding completely, but I could try to just go down to 2 pumps per day, and eliminate night pumps. This could lower prolactin levels enough for periods to come back, while still keeping a small supply going. Then I can keep pumping to maintain a small supply, even if I have to throw the milk out while taking the IVF drugs.

By the time I actually get to do this, it would be getting close to the time of introducing solids as well, so the demand for breast milk will become less.

I found a podcast by someone from the Aust. Breastfeeding Association about this topic here:
    http://mumsright.libsyn.com/webpage/category/Hot%20Milk

I think I will try to contact some ABA groups in my area. Maybe someone has some direct experience with this and can advise, or direct me to a doctor who is willing to work with continuing breastfeeding.

best wishes to all,
    Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chook11 View Post
    Sunshine - DH snoring is horrible. I think it is the worst noise in the world and it makes me feel resentful because he is there snoring not having his sleep affected at all and I am up all night. I put in earplugs to sleep, trouble is then I don't hear the baby until his cries are really loud. I prefer to intercept and take care of him before he becomes really unsettled.

Does your little girl now sleep through the night, and if so, when did that start? Frank is now nearly 13 weeks and it is still a mixture. There have been a few nights where he has only woken once. Other nights he is back to 3 hourly waking. Of course I am up every 2-3 hours to pump so little sleep anyway. Night time he pretty good and usually goes straight back to sleep after a feed.

Daytime however, is different. He always wakes up at 6am and then will not go back to sleep. Just during the last few days, I think I have found a trick to get him to sleep during the day. Up until now I have not been able to get him to reliably sleep during the day at all.

I have tried incorporating one formula feed at night, so I can pump and freeze even more. It doesn't seem to make him sleep longer. I am pumping 12 bags of 100ml to freeze every day, as well as 5 bottles of 100 ml for baby to drink, as well as a couple of direct breast feeds. He is now in childcare two days per week, so those days I can pump to a schedule, and also do a lot of pumping at night when he's asleep.

Reason I am pumping and freezing like crazy is that DH is impatient to get back to IVF again.

The docs just say to give up breastfeeding completely, but I could try to just go down to 2 pumps per day, and eliminate night pumps. This could lower prolactin levels enough for periods to come back
    Dh snoring ... so with you 100% .
    cant wait for him to arrive home but Almost dreading Wednesday night bedtime. Can't do earrplugs with bub never hear her. I am so recharged with bed to myself for nearly 2 weeks after sharing last month with the snore king.

At 5 weeks she started 5hr stretch 8pm-1/2am and another feed at 4/5ish. Then at about 7weeks was sleeping 7pmish to 4am and hss dropped each feed as her bottle size has increased. Last night 7pm- 6am.
    She now has 150mls AVG out of 180mls bottle. Some still 130mls feed. Hate the waste but part of it.

Same formula feed last at night makes no difference to hours she will sleep. When April started sleeping longer she was hard to read ... whingy and then I realized with the baby language sounds she wanted another feed. So say last night she'll drink her 5:30/6pm bottle after bath and then around 1.5hrs later another 80-150mls then I put her down and she goes to sleep herself with big full tummy.
    I remember the first few times I thought thats what she wanted and when she gulped it and projectile vomitted so I doubted myself. Then she learnt herself to pace it. She obviously knew what she wanted cause mummy would have never done it and I would have kept getting up each night.
    I cannot believe how much milk you pump. you are amazing. A way bigger supply than me but I couldn't do that much pumping to have built it up. I jumped at the chance to sleep at night as day pumps were killing me enough. You must be shattered as I was.
    You do anything for them though and I understand your though process and ivf commentment. So there is a shining light at the end of it all. And this bub gets your best as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chook11 View Post

Reason I am pumping and freezing like crazy is that DH is impatient to get back to IVF again. FS wants me to finish breastfeeding before doing IVF again. I feel heartbroken to end BF totally before baby is ready. I have been doing some reading and think it may not be necessary to stop completely. The first factor to consider is the possible effect of IVF drugs on baby. This can be eliminated by feeding him from frozen stores while I take the drugs, and hopefully be able to entice him back to the breast and rebuild supply after that. The second factor to consider is the effect of prolactin on the cycle. The docs just say to give up breastfeeding completely, but I could try to just go down to 2 pumps per day, and eliminate night pumps. This could lower prolactin levels enough for periods to come back, while still keeping a small supply going. Then I can keep pumping to maintain a small supply, even if I have to throw the milk out while taking the IVF drugs.

By the time I actually get to do this, it would be getting close to the time of introducing solids as well, so the demand for breast milk will become less.

I found a podcast by someone from the Aust. Breastfeeding Association about this topic here:
    http://mumsright.libsyn.com/webpage/category/Hot%20Milk

I think I will try to contact some ABA groups in my area. Maybe someone has some direct experience with this and can advise, or direct me to a doctor who is willing to work with continuing breastfeeding.

best wishes to all,
    Chook
    Hi Chook, I am in the exact same position. So glad you are going through the same thing so I'm not alone. We would like to start IVF again as soon as possible. BF has been great but unfortunately I was told to stop before IVF first reason because I need to get my AF and second because of the drugs.

Thanks for sharing the podcasts, I will listen to them. Just to understand you're process better, do you suggest I replace some of my feeds with formula so I can pump those feeds. This won't help start my period though as I will still get the milk out? Do you know how far we have to wean before our periods might start? Love to chat to you some more about this, trying to get as much info as my DD loves BF and so do I.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 15-04-2014 at 06:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Rachael3;7737856]
    Thanks for sharing the podcasts, I will listen to them. Just to understand you're process better, do you suggest I replace some of my feeds with formula so I can pump those feeds. This won't help start my period though as I will still get the milk out? Do you know how far we have to wean before our periods might start? /QUOTE]

Hi Rachel
    Unlucky me had a period at 11-12 weeks. Sux I knew id be one to get back early.
    So maybe expressing doesn't create enough hormone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky you Sunshinebell, at least you have overcome one problem if you wanted to start IVF again. Sorry can't remember, do you exclusively pumping?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 15-04-2014 at 19:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's different for everyone. Some get AF back straight away, others don't. I was exclusively breast feeding DD and got AF back at 7 weeks. With DS, he was breastfed with the exception of maybe 4 formula top ups, and I got AF at 8 weeks...