+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jedihouse View Post
    Hoots how do you find the baby bean bag. We have looked at them but haven't got one yet as I figured the dogs would steal it as their new bed
    He LOVES it, he won't sleep in his bassinet only the bean bag!!! The only trouble we have is that he is getting quite long!!lol so his feet sometimes are really close to the edge. My only suggestion is to buy your beans from big w cos it's cheaper than getting them with the bag....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Too cute MG!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is Frank at 8 weeks 5 days:

M1390008_8.jpg

He is now 11 weeks 2 days and going well.

Sunshine - Good that everything is going well with your little girl.

I am mostly expressing and feeding with EBM. I think it saved my sore nipples and my sanity. I still do a couple of direct breast feeds, usually in the morning and at night, for bonding, but most of the feeds are with the expressed milk. I try to pump every two hours, which is more than the rate that he feeds and am freezing the extra milk. This means getting up every two hours at night as well as feeding so it is a lot of work.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go chook !! That's a lot of milk and dedication !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chook11 View Post
    Here is Frank at 8 weeks 5 days:

Attachment 52498

He is now 11 weeks 2 days and going well.

Sunshine - Good that everything is going well with your little girl.

I am mostly expressing and feeding with EBM. I think it saved my sore nipples and my sanity. I still do a couple of direct breast feeds, usually in the morning and at night, for bonding, but most of the feeds are with the expressed milk. I try to pump every two hours, which is more than the rate that he feeds and am freezing the extra milk. This means getting up every two hours at night as well as feeding so it is a lot of work.
    Hey great to hear your updates and see photos. So awesome to see your beautifuls.

Trouble in paradise this month. Have had dh home from work he flew out again this week. Fought more now than in a lifetime. I was worried how id go without him home but house runs smoother when he's not home. And the bloody snoring. I now hesr everything.
    He ****s me ..I **** him .. but some honest truths and we'll be fine. Just adjusting after 19yrs just us. Pleased to say sll sweet before he left so hope next stint home is less tense snd me less moody snd snappy! In the middle of building a house doesn't help.

Chook its hard hey. I think of the time I miss with her when pumping. Especially now she's gabbling non stop and so inquisitive.
    I have this week started giving her Bellamy formula for her evening 6/7pm feed and 5/6am feed.
    First Shes drinking such big ebm quantities and with now complete boob refusal its hard to continue to meet her supply demand
    Second it will give me more time in the day.
    I stopped getting up overnight when she did but often get up at 4am if ive gone to bed early and boobs going to explode. I have cut out one pump already and about to cut another (I never froze any as she consumes it all and whenever I thought I was gett ahead she'd demand more.)
    As sad as I am about stopping, right now she's playing after her morning feed and im pumping. Being a long overnight sleeper she only day naps so we miss out on time id rather have back. And gives us more time for outings and baby groups.
    Will update you how I go. I think if I can keep any supply on 3 pumps a day its ok Will have to see. I think 14 weeks monday. Shes had breast milk. Trying to talk myself around and take guilt off.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 05-04-2014 at 16:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 7-8 pumps to 5 .... I feel like this is already better and changing my day completely.

Ah I miss visiting this thread. Xx Sunshine

Hope you all finding some you time too.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Breastfeeding is a lot harder than many people realise, several of us finding that by the looks! I've had more than one health professional remind me that you do what works best for your baby and for you; and formula is not poison, it's responsible for the health of many babies. Putting in extra effort to pump for multiple feeds a day is really admirable because it is really difficult, but for anyone that can't keep it up due to the need to eat, sleep or play with the baby...don't feel guilty. You're still doing a wonderful job.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (08-04-2014),Sunshinebell  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    Breastfeeding is a lot harder than many people realise, several of us finding that by the looks! I've had more than one health professional remind me that you do what works best for your baby and for you; and formula is not poison, it's responsible for the health of many babies. Putting in extra effort to pump for multiple feeds a day is really admirable because it is really difficult, but for anyone that can't keep it up due to the need to eat, sleep or play with the baby...don't feel guilty. You're still doing a wonderful job.
    Thanks hun.
    I tell ya if I didn't have such a chilled out LO I'd never done it this long.
    Again today even more weight lifted off my shoulders

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im having issues breast feeding
    I'm starting to wean Will onto formula as I can't feed him anymore - I'm in so much pain. I do feel like I failed as everyone says bf is best for baby but I just can't do it anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoots you have done the best you can , I know u feel bad you have given bubba the best start . Formula isn't like it was years ago there is so much good stuff in there . Chin up x