+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi sunshine, how are you and your beautiful little bub going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sunshine! How are you going?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're both good. Just put her down. She sleeps around 7:30pm to 5am so can't complain. Always settles herself day and night in her big girl cot..
    and for those who haven't heard of it Dunstan language is a blessing.

After original tube feeding for 2 weeks was hard work to get her to stay awake on the boob or gain weight. After her Irough startvthe priority was to get her strong. So I continued to express for some of her feeds to help her along. At week five I started exclusively expressing for her as she just fussed to much at the boob. (I should gave persisted!). Randomly shell have a booby feed ( which I just LOVE! my only disappointment is that not breastfeeding) Made her life easy she started thriving. Mumms gets exhausted but shes worth it and a strong girl now.
    its double the work and with keeping her upright for 30mins after feed really chews into my days! Reflex medicine really worked for her. Digestive system settled with wind too. She now feeds 120-130mls every 2-2.5 hrs during the day. First and last feeds are often 1 hrs apart. So very much on demand my madela swing gets a workout! Hate the random times I have had to slip her a formula feed if we're out. Really takes planning with the continuous pumping. everone keeps saying I can't do it long term but I will push myself as far as I can .. I just want her to get the best health benefits.

She loves a chat. Goos and gars and actually conversates with us...love it! Loves play time. A real sticky beak. Working on strengthening neck as I still heavy head but loves sitting on lap and taking the world in. Sucks everything. Licking is her latest. Including toys, my neck and a fascination with daddys beard... trys to lick it too!! Lol. Can grip her rattle to suck it but for few weeks now prefers to suck her entire fist. Not interested in fingers anymore. Very independent and by no means clingy. I couldn't do what im doing (fulltime expressing)otherwise.
    Random inconsolable screaming session for 5-10mins once a week but thats it ! Hardly crys, occasionally grizzles but not for long.

If you haven't get onto the dunstan language threadI posted some info on last night. Wish i knew before birth. Will make your life easy.

As im not on Facebook if you read this post up some pictures. Would love to see you precious ones. Can't believe we're only week away from April 1st which was ivf CD1 for me. ... look at us all now. Dreams complete. Sunshine in our lives how quickly ive forgotten the heartache from the past. Life really is complete. I love it.
    Xxx Sunshine

Edit .. just read back ..... BUT no denying bloody hard work. Harder thsn any executive or management job ive hever had. No lying there are times im sooo tired I dream of lying on a deck chair ir floating st the swim up bar drinking wild turkeys and pinacoladas!
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 26-03-2014 at 08:48.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (27-03-2014),chook11  (04-04-2014),Tommi  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Sunshine!! I'm so glad things are going well, she sounds like a little trooper!! It's so lovely to think we have all finally got our precious little bundles!

Here is a picture of my little lady Ava, she's now 7 weeks old.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395923597.467296.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheekynumum For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (28-03-2014),Sunshinebell  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds as though you are loving being a mum sunshine So glad to hear it's going well (if after a rocky start), and that April (hope I remembered that right!) is flourishing...

we are going well too (with the inevitable couple of little hurdles along the way). Patrick is now almost 10 weeks old which I find almost impossible to believe. Time is going so damn fast!

xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Sunshine, she sounds like a little angel.
    Well done you for keeping up with the expressing. I tried exclusively expressing for only 1 day and found it really hard work so went back to boobie. I was worried that Harrison wasn't getting enough as I use nipple shields due to latching issues so wanted to see how much he was getting and see if it made a difference to his sleeping etc.
    it's crazy to think how different life was this time last year.
    Don't think I would have believed anyone if that said I would have a baby boy in a years time!

Motherhood is definitely challenging but I know once I get past this next couple of weeks (make it to the 6 week mark) I will really start to enjoy it more.

This is my little boy <3ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395941254.046352.jpg

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kd0085 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (28-03-2014),Sunshinebell  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so happy to hear you are doing well sunshinebell and rachael. I agree though this has to be one of the hardest jobs I have ever done. Henry is 8 weeks old today and though we are going through some allergy issues Henry sleeps well at night though he has not quite got the day sleeps down yet. I know that by 12 weeks things will start to fall into place. I love this little man so much and sometimes pinch myself as I cannot believe we are finally parents to this gorgeous and very loud at times haha little being.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    image.jpg

Rachael, so nice to see pictures of your bub, she is absolutely beautiful!

this whole journey feels kind of surreal. I had my ET on Mother's Day last year, and I remember preparing myself, firstly in case he didn't survive the thaw, and then for what seemed like an inevitable BFN (he was the 10th embryo I'd had transferred)...but, fast forward to now, and he's sat snoring away in his swing
    it's so emotional to think about just where I was in this part of my life back then...I feel so blessed.
    Last edited by Pilbara; 28-03-2014 at 11:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunshine and Rachael
    Glad to hear you are both doing great and motherhood is treating you wonderfully.
    Josh is almost 10 weeks and being a Mummy is an amazing experience. He has only slept through the night (to 5.30am) twice but he usually wakes up around 3am and 6.30am. That's not too bad I can deal with that :-)
    Finally getting the hang of leaving the house and having to breastfeed while we are out and about.
    Have a lovely weekend ladies.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395974466.632439.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395974485.980988.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395974494.925966.jpg

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meljc86 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got to say ... gees we've all picked lovely norm al classic type names for our little ones.
    And gees we've got a bunch of cuties

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (28-03-2014),Tommi  (28-03-2014)