+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely normal!!! I'm exactly the some - cry at the drop of a hat!! DH goes back to work on Monday so I'll be by myself too
    They do say the first few weeks are the hardest - I can't wait for it to be over!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (13-03-2014),Tommi  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very normal Tommi. Fingers crossed you find your rhythm really soon. I'm sure you are doing amazingly and not giving yourself enough credit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meljc86 For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (13-03-2014),Tommi  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to have Henry weighed today by the health nurse. Walked in with a crying Henry and burst into tears...embarrassing especially as there was another mum and sleeping newborn in the room. They were really helpful and I am going to the mother's group tomorrow so hopefully things will get easier. Thank you ladies for your comments makes me feel like I am not doing too badly

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tommi, totally normal! I'm not a crier either but I'm an emotional mess of late. The CAFHS nurse came to see me today and I burst into tears as well.
    I'm taking comfort in the fact that Ava is doing well as I'm positive Henry is.
    Perhaps Ava and Henry should chat....she can teach him how to sleep during the day and he can teach her how to sleep at night!

Hang in there and keep your chin up!
    Big hugs to you and all the new mamas and mamas to be. :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekynumum For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey cheekynewmum I think that is a great idea any tips from ava would be greatly appreciated haha. I am feeling better and I am for the first time this week enjoying my baby who is sleeping in my arms while I have some down time with a book. I, as suggested by nurse am learning to let go, learning to be flexible and not have expectations of Henry or the day we will have. Easier said than done but I am starting by not cleaning while he sleeps rather take the time to relax. I am a bit of a neat freak and like structure so this will take time. I am also reading the wonder weeks as we think Henry could be in leap 1 explaining his behaviour. We are both learning. I am just glad he won't remember this time when I am lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoots what medication where u given ? Do u think it has worked ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doc put him on .25ml of Zantac syrup 3 times a day. It is helping but also is only a quarter of the min dose so if we need to up the dose we can, we still have him on colic relief as well. I was told by doc to make sure bub empties the breast as well cos the milk at the end helps digestion- I have found he is more settled as well when I do that and to sit him up after feeding for 30mins. He isn't completely cured but enough for me to get at least 2-3hrs in between feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very very normal Tommi I am close to tears most of the time at the moment, and I feel like I'm running on adrenaline which I worry will sooner or later end in a big crash... Don't underestimate the massive hormonal changes your body is going through, as well as all the emotional factors in bringing home this long awaited little newborn who completely turns your life upside down!

i hope you enjoy your mothers group...let us know how it goes!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (14-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't relate to what your going through (but probably will do soon) Tommi but I wouldn't be embarrassed. Your doing your best I'm sure & this feeling won't last long & this "period" will be over shortly & a distant memory. Keep your head up & take all the help you can get & remind me when I'm going through this time aswell.

So I'm due Monday & soooo over this. I have loved my whole pregnancy but these last few weeks have been tourture & are closely for me the same as that dreaded TWW in IVF. I had an OB app yesterday & I'm not putting any weight on (500g in last 2 weeks & 0 in the last week). She isn't engaged & showing no sign of coming. OB has advised that if she hasn't come by next thur we will have to start talking about getting her out. Then I have my doula in the other ear telling me not to feel pressured into anything. Ahhhhh. Please just come out already!!!! Sorry for the rant just feeling down as I have no control & just want her in my arms.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (14-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you pilbara and Lindsay. Today I am feeling much better and Henry is picking up on it. Early days but it has been a nice morning. Parenthood is definitely a challenge much more than anything I have ever done but also much more worth it; he is a very special little man.

I can relate to how you are feeling Lindsay. Henry was overdue not engaged and definitely not ready to come out and meet us. Time moved so slowly those last few weeks. I also was conflicted about waiting but wanting him out and safe. I honestly say trust your instincts. after everything we have been through to get our bubs here do what you have to do. My ob said to me when I was concerned about induction or cesarean, no one cares how the baby gets here they only care that it is healthy. Don't get caught up focussing on the wrong thing. I have to say I couldn't agree more. Cannot wait to hear about your newest family member yay!