+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used infants friend it dose help Beau burp but he is still really unsettled ( only just got him asleep and had been awake since 5:30 am ) I was thinking if trying something else ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no loveandlive! William goes through his moments but it's only mild colic (thank god)!, I'm sure I'd loose the plot if it was really bad!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm losing the plot ... When I posted that Beau woke up 20 mins later . Biggest headache I have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara - I haven't heard of that!! I'll be doing some research while I'm up tonight. Thanks!!

Loveandlive - I feel your pain. I was up from 11:30am yesterday until 8am this morning. In ALL that time Ava only slept 8 hours in total. And only if I was holding her. *sigh*.....so tired

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekynumum For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (10-03-2014)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a front-carry baby carrier and am using it all the time when bub is unsettled. He calms down almost straight away as long as I am walking around, and it seems to work great for wind as he's held in an upright position and of course gets jiggled as I walk. He's gone from crying to asleep every time so far. Whilst I've been hanging up laundry, or tidying around the house, or making myself lunch. Actually he's asleep in it now as I'm sitting at the computer typing this.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (10-03-2014),Pilbara  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loveandlive View Post
    I'm losing the plot ... When I posted that Beau woke up 20 mins later . Biggest headache I have
    It will get better or so I'm told. I had a massive headache today to. At the moment William is asleep and I need him to wake so I can get some relief but I'm scared to wake him in case he is hard to put down

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it has to get better but it just seems so far away ! I thought after my crap day we would have a better night ..... Nope slept from 9-11 stayed a wake till 2 asleep till 4:30-5:30 then back awake now will only sleep in me

Thanks
    Reviews
    My goodness love and live. I hear you. Why won't these babies sleep? I hear about other newborns already on their cots and on 4hr cycles. I just can't work out how. I'm beginning to realise it may b something to do with how full they are. I find myself bfing for about 1.5-2 hrs thinking that should do the trick and he's suitably milk drunk, but then the minute I put him down he wakes himself with wind crunches or karate chopping the air. The only successful 3 or 4 hr sleep stints we've had have been after I've added 30mls of formula after the bfing.

So tell us, those new mums out there, how did u get ur Bub to sleep in their cot from the beginning? Was it from the day u came home from hospital? I know it's different for all babies, but some tips would b good.

MusicalGal

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Beau in his own room in a cot ( only started it last night lol ) and u can see by my previous pits it didn't go so well . I just thought better do it sooner then later before he notices what's going on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post

So tell us, those new mums out there, how did u get ur Bub to sleep in their cot from the beginning? Was it from the day u came home from hospital? I know it's different for all babies, but some tips would b good.

MusicalGal
    Hey MG Henry has been in his own room and cot since we came home from the hospital. Here is what we do not sure if right but works for Henry:
    We have a snugglebed in the cot atm with the angelcare hooked up for my peace of mind.
    We only put him in at night from 9pm and he is in till he wakes at 8am. Note he wakes at 1:30 and 5am also.
    We can sometimes put him in to self settle if he is full and ready for sleep otherwise after his bottle I rock him in the rocking chair and transfer him when he is either asleep or almost asleep.
    I also feed him in his room whenever we try to transfer from lounge to cot he wakes..weird.
    we have a night light (lamp behind rocking chair for now) on in there all night till his 5am feed when we switch it off helping him sleep those last few hours before day time wake up.
    We play music during feed and all night. Initially I played my music but now play rockabye baby. During the day I play my music in the lounge where he is. Music helped with car noise in the morning especially.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (11-03-2014)