+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jedihouse View Post
    Hoots glad to hear you did that. I have been thinking about it but wasn't sure if I should or not. Our clinic is in the building next door to where I will deliver so thought if I felt up to it I could pop in on the day we leave
    The girls were SO happy we popped in, they all took turns having a cuddle and we got to talk about the delivery (and all the drama afterwards). I'm just so grateful to these women who made it possible for me to have my little fella.
    They told me that not many people come in afterwards for show and tell so I felt special. They were a great support through the whole process and held my hand through egg collection and transfer as well.
    If it's possible, I recommend doing it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bought Brauer Colic Relief today, It works!!
    any news on mummas in waiting??? It's been a while since we had a new bubba.
    William is 3weeks old (yesterday), I can't believe it's gone so fast!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (09-03-2014),Pilbara  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you try Infants Friend at all Hoots? Just curious if I should stick with that or switch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We used 'infants friend'...it seemed to help, but didn't try any others, so can't compare. Are you using it cheeky?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    We used 'infants friend'...it seemed to help, but didn't try any others, so can't compare. Are you using it cheeky?
    Yeah, we are Pilbara. It seems to help, but not completely. I am curious if anyone has used both as a comparison.

Mind you, wind is the least of my problems at the moment. Getting Ava to sleep anywhere other than on me would be fantastic!!! Hehehe not sure if anyone else has had the same problem with their bubba?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekynumum For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    Did you try Infants Friend at all Hoots? Just curious if I should stick with that or switch
    ive so far only used brauer colic and it's worked a treat! It's now 2am and this is his first feed of the night (usually would have been up several times at this time!), he has settled 90% on his own (I've had to put him on dummy just to start the doze off), smells like cough syrup DH says. He isn't bringing up stacks of wind but he isn't restless so I can handle that!!!
    Will keep you posted on progress as I was tossing up between brauer and infants friend!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried breurers but didn't find it strong enough. Using Infacol now. Wondering if infants friend would work better but infacol was the one recommended to me. Haven't tried Gripe Water either.

Cheeky my bub does the same thing. No matter how long I leave her on me after she sleeps she will get up and cry once I put her down during the day. Unless she is really knocked out at night then we can put her down. I think they get use to it because of all the holding while breastfeeding.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, please let me know how it goes Hoots!

Grrr so much of motherhood is trial and error! lol

Rachael3 I was told not to use Gripe Water until bubs is much older as it has a very high alcohol content by a few people. Not sure how true that is but that's why I went to Infants Friend. And I wish I could say Ava was like this sleep wise because of BF...but I am unable to BF due to all the medication I'm still on from the post birth complications. Hehehe must just be the luck of the drawer!

Good thing I love this little munchkin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So for me - I usually get up between 4-5 times a night. After using brauer, I got up twice (to feed). Once at 2am and then at 5:30, he went straight back to sleep both times and didn't wake until 8am. I'm pretty happy with that but it was only one night lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheeky - We have times when Patrick will only settle on mine or DHs chest too... A lot of the time though he will settle in his bouncer if we turn on the vibrate. Have you read about "the fourth trimester"... It's a theory that babies are delivered a trimester earlier than ideal because the human body would not accommodate them longer (thank god for that I say). The theory suggests that you replicate the womb as much as possible for that 4th trimester - use a sling, white noise, movement etc to settle bubs....sort of explains and validates letting them sleep on your chest if that's what it takes (doesn't help if you need to get up to pee or whatever though)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post: