+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

It's so lovely to hear how all your babies are going. I read the updates to Ava during our feeds.

Hope you are all well and looking forward to hearing from our expecting mamas!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, today was um.. long haha. Henry didn't sleep all day well actually in total from 8am - 4:30 he had approx 1.5hours. So the visit was not so relaxed haha. He didn't really cry just fussed and tbh I think it was due to my friends house being very warm. He did however cry for most of the drive home which was awful. I hate when he crys and I cannot get to him. He was very tired though and ended up falling asleep in the car. A rare occurrence, normally he just looks out the window happily.

I think it is time I stopped waking him for feeds at night, will be interesting to see what his actual feeding needs are at night.

In other news I have a friends 30th coming up. Henry will be 9 weeks old and it is dinner out no children...DH feels it will be fine to have Henry with one of the grandparents I am not sure as I feel like it is too little to be left for a few hours. He is on formula so others can feed him I am just unsure. Thoughts?

Any news on the new baby front? So excited to hear about the new additions.

Twocam I hope you LO got some rest today staying home. I know how difficult it can get when the bubba just wants to be up all day..even though they are tired. Thank goodness they are so cute!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Tommi; 04-03-2014 at 17:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got jinxed today!!! Everyone keeps telling me how William is such a good baby and today I can't settle him at all!!
    On a plus side - he now weighs 3.25kgs after his "weigh-in" today which is fantastic as I was feeling like a dairy cow! I have now been told to stop timed feeds and stretch them out to 4-5hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
    I got jinxed today!!! Everyone keeps telling me how William is such a good baby and today I can't settle him at all!!
    On a plus side - he now weighs 3.25kgs after his "weigh-in" today which is fantastic as I was feeling like a dairy cow! I have now been told to stop timed feeds and stretch them out to 4-5hrs.
    Great news about William's weight and about being able to stetch out his feeds. Wow 3.25kg seems so tiny to me, Henry was born 4.23kg haha I never did have that itty bitty newborn stage. Sorry to hear about your day however . I hope William settles for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No baby for me yet. Off to the OB tomorrow. I will be cranky if she changes the inducing plan even though I am freaking out about the birth I have it in my head that it will happen next week. Don't think I could go another two weeks also our best friend and future god mother has managed to get some shifts off work so she can be there with us. She is a midwife and hopefully she will keep me mentally stable and help hubby out throughout the process.

In other news I am loving reading all your updates and I am taking notes. I know what to do when babies are sick and broken but have no idea about the normal everyday stuff. Is there any good books or phone apps that you mums can't live without?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I know I posted on Facebook about our little man but not sure if everyone is part of the Facebook group?
    Anyways, Harrison Jack was born on the 28th Feb at 5:58am. It was quite a good labour however due to his size he was delivered via forceps which was horrific, but after the Ob said he was probably going to have to do a C Section I guess the forceps isn't that bad. Our poor little man was quite bruised and battered (I'll try put up a photo on here or on the Facebook page) it just broke my heart
    I am still in hospital as I have had
    ALOT of trouble with breast feeding. It's hard to know exactly why as everyone has a different opinion but we think he was still in pain from the bruising and swelling. Plus he tends to favour one side of his neck which needs Physio so that wouldn't be helping. There have been a lot of tears(from me) as it's been really tough but the good news is last night we turned a corner, one of the nurses suggested a nipple shield which worked a treat! I know it's a bit controversial but after what I've been through it's a god send! We went from trying to feed for 2 hours each time with lots of screaming to only feeding for half an hour with no more tears. I honestly don't think I could have coped much longer!
    Sorry I haven't had the time to read back through everyone's posts but hopefully once I get home and settled I will try and do this.
    One thing is for sure is I am totally and utterly in love with this little person and can't imagine life without him <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1393923207.144320.jpg
    Poor little man and his very sore face

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was yesterday so you can see how much better he is <3

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jedihouse View Post
    Is there any good books or phone apps that you mums can't live without?
    I don't have an app I love, the what to expect wheb you're expecting website is great and I recommend the book Baby Love by Robin Barker it is fantastic contains so much information and it isn't preachy.

Congratulations KD such wonderful news I hope you and Harrison recover quickly. Harrison definitely looks like he is in tge second pic. Such a cutie.

I tried the link for the fb group and it didn't work is anyone able to post again?