+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Does anyone know how long babies need to be swaddled/wrapped when sleeping?
    I THINK you have to stop swaddling them when they start to roll (because they can roll onto their tummies, but the swaddling will stop them from being able to roll back). Until then, swaddle if they like it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    How are you hanging in Sariele?
    I actually had my show this afternoon, which was very exciting! But of course it doesn't mean anything will happen right away, and sure enough that's been the case here. I had a pretty strong BH about half an hour ago, but nothing much before or since. Hanging out to see what tomorrow brings, if anything...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Hoots  (02-03-2014),Pilbara  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed Sariele!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any news Sariele

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Congratulations on all the gorgeous bubbas born since I have been on and good luck Sariele hope you meet your bubba very soon.

Henry is now 4 weeks and 2 days old and we couldn't be happier. DH is going back to work tomorrow which is sad and frightening as I have not really had Henry on my own since hospital. I have decided to formula feed Henry as he is a big boy (now 4.94kg and 57cm long) and is doing really well. He sleeps well at night I get up to him 3.5-4 hourly but mornings and early afternoon as of the last week is another story he fights sleep and cat naps mostly. we are going with it as we assume this must be a new stage, just glad that at this point it is not during the night. I am in absolute love with our little man and apart from anxiety about sids (always something haha) I am feeling pretty good.

I really want to be more active on this forum apologies for the MIA while DH has been home.

I also use the ltd swaddle for H aswell, love them as does he. We have the lite and regular. I use regular for room temp up to 22 and lite for anything over. We will need to go up in size soon I expect as the small is up to 6kg. My understanding is that you stop swaddling just before baby starts to roll. The ltd swaddle has a 50/50 I think as a transition swaddle

Here is a pic of Henry taken yesterday during tummy time.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tommi; 02-03-2014 at 21:42.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

chook11  (21-03-2014),Pilbara  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and this one taken today on our morning walk, Henry decided he didn't want to use the pram, made for an interesting walk on my own carrying him and pushing the pram haha. Seeing him excitedly looking around at everything while in my arms though made it worth the trouble.

Attached Images

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

chook11  (21-03-2014),Pilbara  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Georgeous tommi! ...good luck going solo, I'm sure you'll find your stride quickly

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello early morning 2am just fed Henry and waiting for him to go off sleep. I know it is the middle of the night but I honestly love this time with him, super sweet sleepy baby.

Thank you Pilbara, tbh I am mostly worried about venturing out of the house alone. ..that is weird right? Haha.

Anyone else going to the local mothers group? We have a meet up arranged by the local community nurse friday week, DH has said I should go meet some local mummas but I am not sure I have heard mother's groups can be awful..any experiences, thoughts?

Ok going back to bed now...

Last edited by Tommi; 03-03-2014 at 01:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I also use the ltd swaddle for H aswell, love them as does he. We have the lite and regular. I use regular for room temp up to 22 and lite for anything over. We will need to go up in size soon I expect as the small is up to 6kg. My understanding is that you stop swaddling just before baby starts to roll. The ltd swaddle has a 50/50 I think as a transition swaddle
    Great to hear all is well Tommi and Henry is so cute! They are precious it's an amazing feeling.

Regarding the LTD swaddle do you find that it pulls behind babies neck when they stretch and cry? I found red marks as the pulling is irritating her skin and probably hurting her. When she has bad colic pain her arms pull against it and behind her neck looks sore. Haven't read much about this problem from others. I found these bonds onesies that cover her feet and arms, will probably use these from now on.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-03-2014 at 06:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael, this concerned me also especially as I was pulling it down to stop it bunching and he stretches his legs right out sometimes which pulls the ltd down also. I now only have Henry in the ltd at night from 9pm till say 9am when he sleeps better and moves around much less and haven't noticed it irritating his neck as much. During the day i wrap him, he escapes this regularly so I don't trust it at night. I have been considering moving him from the ltd to a sleeping bag before he starts rolling plus it seems better for winter as the thought of blankets in the cot when he is able to roll and move around more scare me. I haven't seen the bonds ones, I might check them out.