+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default For those who had their first baby drug free

... Did you manage to do it again for baby number 2?

I feel much more confident this time about birth, mainly because that fear of the unknown is so much less, and that I made it through a very long labour with no drugs. But as I'm only a few weeks off welcoming the new bub I'm having a few moments where I wonder if I'm being over confident that I can do it again.

Interested to hear what your experiences are?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did it! It was so much easier second time around, I think because I wasn't fearing the unknown like I was first time. I had all this confidence in my body's ability to birth, and knew what to do, what to expect.

Just be confident and positive, think positively and you'll be perfectly fine. Your body has done it once, and you can absolutely do it again!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

cantwait1  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I've done it 5 times 😊
    With my 5th I was starting to worry I wouldn't be able to do it, but I did.
    I think the reasons you choose for going without drugs stay with you. For me it's because I'm scared of the effect drugs might have on me or the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wanted to have drug free for my first but due to pre-eclampsia and my BP going sky high during labour I was made to have an epidural.

Second time and third time however were completely drug free and this one I'm aiming for to be as well. I love it. I have my moments where I wonder why I'm doing it again but for the most part I'm excited. The pride I feel in myself afterwards is unbelievable. And as a pp said, in those moments of doubt I just remind myself I've done it before I can do it again.

Me + he = dd1 (July 07), dd2 (July 10), dd3 (August 13), dd4 (due may 14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, my first vbac was drug free and so were the two vaginal births after that. The first labour was the most painful, so I figured if I could manage it drug free, then any subsequent births I would be able to manage without drugs again, and fortunately I was able to manage again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same anxiety as you zee153. I had DD completely drug free....it just happened to fall into place that way. I do remember asking for a panadol midway through a contraction, the midwife had a bit of a chuckle at me, & just encouraged me to get through each contraction. However, my issue is that all happened 10 YEARS AGO! Surely my body has changed/erased the memory of ever being through it before? Keep wondering about whether what seems to be the norm of 'it gets easier each time' will apply in my situation. Totally understand where you are coming from zee153, plus the insomnia that has started to kick back in has been leading me to lying in bed at random hours while all are asleep...then the mind begins to wander & the doubts set in!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my daughter drug free. I had my son drug free but not by choice by the time they listened to me out he came. I'm not sure what i'll do about number three

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I did x 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I had a fairly quick drug free labour with DS1. I found the hardest part pushing (the burning ring of fire!). Despite having done it once, I was still very nervous about labour the second time around. I was most worried about getting through the pushing phase with DS2, but he came so quick he was accidentally born at home. Second labour was so much quicker and so much easier - the pushing phase I was worried about with DS2 only lasted a few contractions (compared to nearly an hour with DS1). Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did.
    Number one was a 9 hour induction. They gave me gas but I didn't use it.
    Number two was a posterior bub til just before birth and the back pain was horrific. I wanted drugs which is why I went to hospital. I wanted an epi but was 7 cm, then 10 cm about 10 mins later. Too late!