+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally bizarre that you started this topic tonight Sassy! I was just looking at my 9yr old DD when she got home from school tonight & thought...hhmmmm I think it's time for an intro to undergarments!!! So we've set up a shopping date for this weekend for the two of us to see what's available, & what she feels she would be most comfortable in. Will be reading with interest others advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Off topic, I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to post a new thread, however I'm just wondering when everyone discussed sex, AF etc with their DD. I'm so terrible I just haven't found the right way, I remember learning at school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think kmart have them too, I'm pretty sure I saw some the other day when I was shopping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks for the replies!

I went to K-Mart, Big W (which is where I found them), Target, Best and Less, Pumpkin Patch (they don't have underwear... I wasn't sure if they did or not... lol) and David Jones.

I found a few licensed toddler crop top things in size 3-4, but there seemed to be a gap between that and 10-12. 10-12 is too loose, offers none of that slightly pressure the 8-10 did so I definitely needed that size... and it really annoyed me because it's not like DD is a small child (for her age). She's 35kg, 135cm... usually wears a size 10.

I remember having lots of access to them when I was little too... though I had a different problem in that I still had a little girl sized body (so couldn't wear a lady-sized bra) but had big boobs (b-cup at 8/9... but a size 10/12 in girls clothes...).

Even looking at the bigger sizes for when they fit though... there's a lot of sports backs and huge chunky straps, and lots of fluoro. What about girls who don't want it to be incredibly obvious that they're wearing one (esp. because they're starting much earlier than peers)??? *groan*

SO far she's cool with the ones we have. She already has 3 at home (same style as what we found today), but I was hoping for some more variety... and not $10 for each one. lol.

I know it's the same issue at my local shops too - I think Target was where we ended up getting the last 3 and we were very lucky to find them in that size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Must be the popular size at the moment at everyone buying up with back to school etc. maybe give it a month or 2 and look again & they might have replenished their stock

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if you might find more of a wider range buying online from the US? They always have more available than Aussie stores. I can't think of what brands to look for though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked online at big w or target?
    I'm headed to the shops tomorrow, I'm happy to look and buy and post if you like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bonds online have a pretty good range and some of them start at a size 6-8.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 11-02-2014 at 21:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 6 year old dd has little boobs starting to happen. I got her some little crop top bra things from next online. They are a size 6-8. I think they are age appropriate- plain white (which is good because it means she can wear them under her school shirt), with a tiny little frill and how on the top.

This is what I got:
    http://au.nextdirect.com/en/x535738s5#657232

This is their range:
    http://au.nextdirect.com/en/shop/Gen...-Category-Bras

The sizes start at UK 5-6.

Me + he = dd1 (July 07), dd2 (July 10), dd3 (August 13), dd4 (due may 14)
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 11-02-2014 at 22:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have some for DD1 who wears them for gymnastics with some bike pants when it's extremely hot. The ones we got come in a 2 pack from big W starting size was 6-8. They had black and white.