+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, it's been great for me to read all you experiences/opinions on Myivf.

I'm very new to the whole concept of ivf but have finally admitted to myself that it's just not going to happen naturally! Myivf seems like the place to go for us, given it's lower cost, fertilized embies being taken to 5 day blastocysts rather than 3 days and use a local rather than just painkillers for egg pick up. Unlike I think The Fertility Centre at Springwood does, which was the other low cost clinic I was considering.

Just wondering if any of you might be able to enlighten me on a couple of other things...Were your embryos taken to blastocysts before being transferred? this is what I read on the website. Also what is the protocol regarding sperm collection at Myivf? My husband is not too keen on producing a sample at the clinic and is hoping it can be done at home. Lastly, what are the doses of drugs like compared with more expensive clinics? One of the reasons I liked the idea of the Springwood clinic was the low doses of drugs. Thanks in advance...
    Wonderful news! those of you who've had success and best of luck to those still waiting, this definitely isn't an easy path to walk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulastar View Post
    Hi Ladies, it's been great for me to read all you experiences/opinions on Myivf.

I'm very new to the whole concept of ivf but have finally admitted to myself that it's just not going to happen naturally! Myivf seems like the place to go for us, given it's lower cost, fertilized embies being taken to 5 day blastocysts rather than 3 days and use a local rather than just painkillers for egg pick up. Unlike I think The Fertility Centre at Springwood does, which was the other low cost clinic I was considering.

Just wondering if any of you might be able to enlighten me on a couple of other things...Were your embryos taken to blastocysts before being transferred? this is what I read on the website. Also what is the protocol regarding sperm collection at Myivf? My husband is not too keen on producing a sample at the clinic and is hoping it can be done at home. Lastly, what are the doses of drugs like compared with more expensive clinics? One of the reasons I liked the idea of the Springwood clinic was the low doses of drugs. Thanks in advance...
    Wonderful news! those of you who've had success and best of luck to those still waiting, this definitely isn't an easy path to walk
    I hope you like the clinic as much as I have. Personally I had a low dose of drugs (which worked much better than the super high doses I had been on with my previous clinic), the embryos are grown out to five days and then transferred (or frozen if need be). And we travelled 90 minutes to use this clinic, and stayed in a hotel at Redcliffe. DH would take me in for egg collection, drive back to the hotel to "produce his sample" and bring it back. No dramas. 😊

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

lulastar  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks so much Petal40, that really clears things up for me, full steam ahead now! One more question, though I'm sure it's a silly one: I'm assuming I just need a referral from my GP get started with Myivf?
    I hope your little bfp is progressing perfectly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulastar View Post
    Oh thanks so much Petal40, that really clears things up for me, full steam ahead now! One more question, though I'm sure it's a silly one: I'm assuming I just need a referral from my GP get started with Myivf?
    I hope your little bfp is progressing perfectly
    Thanks, 7 weeks today 😊 Just holding out for my scan next week. Pretty sure you do need a referral from GP, but if you've got any questions, just call them. They really are lovely.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

lulastar  (19-02-2015),StillHopeful  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MyIVF Clinic Brisbane - reviews

Hi Lulastar,
    I've only done the one round but I found Myivf great so far even though that resulted in a bfn
    On the ET side of things though, my fresh transfer was a 4dt, not a blasty, which I questioned them on but they brushed it off a bit and said there's not much difference. However the one lonely embryo that they froze at 4 days, they said would be grown out to a 5 day blasty (hopefully!) and transferred. I wish you all the best on your journey!
    @Petal it's so lovely to hear of your success. I hope I too have a success story after my first and only FET in March. X
    Last edited by StillHopeful; 19-02-2015 at 16:15.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

lulastar  (19-02-2015),Petal40  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks @Petal40, Ooh good luck at your scan, how exciting!

Thanks @StillHopeful, that's strange that they did a 4dt. I wish you all the luck in the world with your precious frozen embryo!

The whole idea of going through ivf and not being able to know what the outcome will be does my head in, I think that's what's made me put it off for so long. Ultimately though, there is a very real chance of success, unlike trying naturally which unfortunately despite all my romantic ideas of conceiving without ivf, just doesn't offer much real hope at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulastar, I was so similar! I wanted to conceive naturally so bad, I don't know why but it feels like doing IVF means we failed, and then the ivf failed! But that desperation of wanting a child has outweighed how it is created now. And after putting it off for so long, when I finally started IVF it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. No more stressing over when to DTD, opks, temping, DH drinking on certain days, late AFs, bfns, and it was all on me. So I was so glad to have a professional work out everything and just give me instructions! But it did bring a whole different bunch of stress. But it still feels like it's the most real chance we've had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful, I know what you mean, it does make you feel like a failure having to do ivf, I never would have thought it would come to this but yes when you are desperate it's a whole different story! I'm looking forward to handing the responsibility of getting pregnant over to someone else too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lulastar For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (23-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any success in here yet ladies? I'm in need of some inspiration. Have my FET on Tuesday. Please be the one 🙏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just updating in here and by bumping I might find some more lovely ladies with Myivf.

We did get PG with our only frozen Embie but miscarrying (taking its time). HCG finally dropping even though it never got over 200 and I'm should be over 7 weeks 😭 just eager to start again. Was worried about going again with myivf considering we only got 1 fresh and 1 frozen out of cycle last time but I really do like Dr C and Sue so I hope we can finish this journey together. And also our budget doesn't allow us to pick anywhere else anyway! Just waiting to see what next weeks bloods hold, hoping HCG is 0 and we get a plan for next cycle. Feeling very far away from having my baby right now.

Anyone else with MyIvf? Any success stories? (Or any stories!) Anyone cycling in May? Xx