+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1977 View Post
    I'm so so sorry to hear henzell - you sound like you're coping remarkably well considering. ..it's such an emotional Rollercoaster - so many highs and lows. ..a doctor said to a friend of mine who miscarried that it is actually a really good sign as it shows your body is capable of conceiving and there's every possibility that you could have a live baby the next time or time after. ...apparently up to 20% of pregnancies end up in miscarriage - that figure increases as we get older - many of my friends have suffered from a miscarriage. ..it doesn't take away the pain/grief and loss though....I'm terrified of having a miscarriage...I'm just about to embark on the IVF journey at the QFG...seeing Dr Scott Salisbury there. ..he seems lovely....

Take care and be gentle on yourself during this difficult time. ...xo
    Thank you, I feel like I am coping well enough. But this morning at the hospital a newborn baby was screaming behind me and I felt sick. Which worried me a little as I work in childcare.. I'm worried about going back to work and how I'll cope there. My husband has been "strong" but today he is starting to break and open up more I told him it's okay to be upset and even cry and not to feel ashamed. Yes our dr said the same thing that 15% of pregnancy end in miscarriage and that it is good to know my body can carry a baby, and it possibly stopped working because of abnormality in the embryo and it was just my body checking and stopping it from happening which has helped me. My husband spoke to a few of his work mates about it yesterday and every single one has had a miscarriage with their partners which helped him I think. My apt at the hospital is at 2 this arvo so I will know more then. Thank you again ladies for the support it has helped me so much, I asked my boss to tell my work colleagues too as I was getting asked how I was in general and didn't really know how to react. But it's okay we will get there in time just trying to stay positive xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to henzell123 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Still coming to terms...

So just a little update ladies.

So the hospital wouldn't do a D&C they said something to do with their legal side of things they had to do their own testing and wait. Well for me this scenario couldn't have been worse, I had multiple blood tests, two scans and both showed it still growing but was behind a few weeks, levels weren't dramatically dropping either, in fact they went up down up. But I started feeling weird on the Easter weekend, and on Easter night I started to bleed my husband was aware and I said I was okay. That night I was in terrible pain something I can't even put in to words, I woke early and I went to the toilet and was losing clots and lots of them. I was scared! I told my husband it was time to go to the hospital, I had a shower and when I stood about to dry myself I looked down and blood was everywhere I didn't know that was going to happen. I panicked and so did my husband, we rushed around and went to the hospital. They were lovely. We were put in our own room luckily too, as again I didn't know this would happen.. I stood up to go to the toilet trying to drag the pole with the fluids and as I stood blood went absolutely everywhere and this happened four times during our stay. I was horrified that my husband had to see and watch me in pain. I was given every drug you could put your finger on and nothing stopped the pain. Morphine, codeine, endon, taj, panadol, nurofine etc and lots of it! Oh and this was all happening the day before my birthday. After being there for 18hrs I had the choice of going home or staying over night. I went home. The next day I was still losing lots of blood, I was so emotional it was my birthday and I was in the middle of a miscarriage. The following night I went through the same excruciating pains as Monday and I thought I would end up at hospital again. But I got through it and I went to the toilet and there on the toilet paper was our baby. I was mortified. I didn't know what to do. This was why I wanted a D&C so I didn't relate it to home. I was put back into hospital two weeks after with bad pains still there. Since the miscarriage I've been told I had a major infection was put on two antibiotics and now with pains still there I have been told I have a cyst on my left ovary which may need surgery all due to the miscarriage. Emotionally/mentally I'm okay on the outside, I've got a lot of anxiety now. With a lot of different situations, physically I'm in pain everyday still.

Sorry for the information but I felt I had to share, please know I am open and honest. I hope in the near future my husband and I can try again. I hope you are all well and thank you for reading my story!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my! Henzell I'm so sorry for how long and painfully that dragged out! Sending you big hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery and success next time! this journey is very hard, but I assure you it's worth it in the end xx

AFM Under 2 weeks until my due date! I still cannot believe after nearly 3 years ttc we will finally have our own little baby! Getting very excited now!

And on that thought, with Petal being a couple weeks ahead of me I had to post stalk and want to say a massive congratulations on your beautiful little boy Petal! Xoxo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so good to see some success stories. I have been with myivf for just over 12 months and I had my 2nd FET cycle in April using an embryo from my 2nd stim cycle and so far we have our strongest BFP, I am off for a 5 week scan tomorrow, I am very nervous. But hopefully this will be my take home baby!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (03-05-2016),StillHopeful  (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @henzell123 so sorry to hear of all that. I hope you can move ahead successfully. This ivf is a hard road.
    @StillHopefull so close to bub being here! So excited & happy for you.

AFM our little boy was born last Wednesday, 4:28pm, 7lb5oz, William Albert.
    I went in Tuesday night for induction with a cooks catheter, Dr broke my waters at 8am next day, went into full labour about 11:30. 5 hours in labour once it was established, ended up having an epidural, but complications with my BP, so had to be turned off. Albie made quite a quick entrance in the end, and there was a true knot in the umbilical cord, but healthy bub. He has a head full of dark hair. Feeding well, a bit unsettled since we came home, but I'm treasuring every second 💙💙💙
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1462245286.298331.jpg

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (03-05-2016),StillHopeful  (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsSMS congrats on your BFP! Keeping everything crossed for you! Xoxo

Petal oh my goodness he is just beautiful!! Well done! Makes me super excited to meet my little boy, hopefully next week! X

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (03-05-2016),Petal40  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StillHopeful View Post
    MrsSMS congrats on your BFP! Keeping everything crossed for you! Xoxo

Petal oh my goodness he is just beautiful!! Well done! Makes me super excited to meet my little boy, hopefully next week! X
    Just checking for baby news ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (10-05-2016),Petal40  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies 👋
    Got my introduction appointment in the morning with plans to do my 4th ivf (but 1st) cycle in northlakes.
    Im curious to know what dosages you were/are put on for gonal f?
    How do you find the clinic generally? I like the online management and info that I've seen so far. The price looks amazing, obviously lol
    Any feedback appreciated!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Hi ladies ������
    Got my introduction appointment in the morning with plans to do my 4th ivf (but 1st) cycle in northlakes.
    Im curious to know what dosages you were/are put on for gonal f?
    How do you find the clinic generally? I like the online management and info that I've seen so far. The price looks amazing, obviously lol
    Any feedback appreciated!!
    @Tinachris - I'm not with myivf but my FS is - Dr C - hope you like him as much as I do.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (16-05-2016)