+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling unsure!

So we went for our scan should have been 6wks and 3days, but it only measured 5wks and 4days... Sac had grown and you could see a yolk sac much better then last Wednesday but not big enough. The lady we had this time doing the scan was horrible her bedside manner was disgusting. Obviously we were upset knowing it hadn't grown to a big enough size, and she spoke to the dr and said you have to come back next Wednesday and if there is no fetal pole you have a failed pregnancy. I have been researching and sometimes the fetal pole isn't seen until about 9wks for some people. I was devastated when she said it so bluntly! I don't know what to do my husband and I said that if that happened we are going to get a second opinion, as we weren't happy at all. She wasn't thorough like the first girl. But that's my update ladies, I hope you are all doing well! Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to henzell123 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henzell123 View Post
    So we went for our scan should have been 6wks and 3days, but it only measured 5wks and 4days... Sac had grown and you could see a yolk sac much better then last Wednesday but not big enough. The lady we had this time doing the scan was horrible her bedside manner was disgusting. Obviously we were upset knowing it hadn't grown to a big enough size, and she spoke to the dr and said you have to come back next Wednesday and if there is no fetal pole you have a failed pregnancy. I have been researching and sometimes the fetal pole isn't seen until about 9wks for some people. I was devastated when she said it so bluntly! I don't know what to do my husband and I said that if that happened we are going to get a second opinion, as we weren't happy at all. She wasn't thorough like the first girl. But that's my update ladies, I hope you are all doing well! Xx
    Where did you get the scan done? Sometimes I wonder about the bedside manner of some people. I had a missed miscarriage last year, and the guy who did my scan up here where I live was terrible too. Very unfeeling. I hope you get a more definite answer next week x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @henzell123 do you have another scan today? Hope it's all good news for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    @henzell123 do you have another scan today? Hope it's all good news for you x
    Hi ladies, no not good news we are currently sitting waiting to find out when I go in for a d and c... I've cried and now I can't feel I feel a bit numb. I was meant to be 7wks and 1day and no fetal pole nothing at all.. So that's the news sorry for being very plain but I am still very emotional. Off to the emergency room for a D and C as we speak..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, no not good news we are currently sitting waiting to find out when I go in for a d and c... I've cried and now I can't feel I feel a bit numb. I was meant to be 7wks and 1day and no fetal pole nothing at all.. So that's the news sorry for being very plain but I am still very emotional. Off to the emergency room for a D and C as we speak..
    So sorry to hear. I had the same last year, after the second scan also. It's upsetting and hard. Take the time to grieve, thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear. I had the same last year, after the second scan also. It's upsetting and hard. Take the time to grieve, thinking of you x
    Thank you! It's horrible I just feel so numb now.. Did you have a D&C or did you miscarry at home? I have an apt on Friday to see the hospital gyno but I've done a little bit of research and now that option makes me worried. I don't know if I want to just do it on my own or have the procedure done..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! It's horrible I just feel so numb now.. Did you have a D&C or did you miscarry at home? I have an apt on Friday to see the hospital gyno but I've done a little bit of research and now that option makes me worried. I don't know if I want to just do it on my own or have the procedure done..

I ended up having at D&C at the Wesley with another Dr that Dr C referred too. He did more scans and said there were no signs of natural miscarriage. I thought about it long & hard too, but after 2 years of ivf (5 cycles), I couldn't bear just waiting for it to happen naturally. He said it could have taken up to a month or more as my body hadn't realised the baby had stopped growing. The D&C went fine in itself, but emotionally was pretty traumatic for me. I didn't go back to work for a couple of weeks, I just cried so much.
    And that's ok. You have to grieve. I hope you are ok, I'm here to talk if you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up having at D&C at the Wesley with another Dr that Dr C referred too. He did more scans and said there were no signs of natural miscarriage. I thought about it long & hard too, but after 2 years of ivf (5 cycles), I couldn't bear just waiting for it to happen naturally. He said it could have taken up to a month or more as my body hadn't realised the baby had stopped growing. The D&C went fine in itself, but emotionally was pretty traumatic for me. I didn't go back to work for a couple of weeks, I just cried so much.
    And that's ok. You have to grieve. I hope you are ok, I'm here to talk if you need.
    I've been seeing dr carmody for my scans and he said yesterday that something else should have been thereto be seen and because there wasn't it was not going to happen. I have had no bleeding only one bad lot of cramping which I was sweating, cold shivers and the most horrific pain. But nothing since. Dr John said the same thing that it could take a good few weeks for my body to realise it's not a viable pregnancy. And we don't have private health so our public hospital is where I have to go. Physically how were you after? I don't think I'll be emotional anymore, I had my cry and now its locked away, that's what I do. I just shut off what hurts me I think. My husband isn't an emotional person at all but he told me this morning he was talking to a work colleague about it and his voice got all funny. I feel for him, I think he believes he has to be strong for me. But I'm okay, it was still our child, it still is our child. We were parents to this tiny baby for just a short time but it has given us hope. My first thing I said yesterday was I don't want to do it again I don't want to ever feel this pain again. But today I don't know what I want to do. I think one step at a time. Letting the people know who we told what's going on and also letting them know I don't want to talk about it or be asked questions. Just leave it be I think.. But I feel so comfortable and safe chatting on here about it. Takes me to another safe place and I can't thank you enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been seeing dr carmody for my scans and he said yesterday that something else should have been thereto be seen and because there wasn't it was not going to happen. I have had no bleeding only one bad lot of cramping which I was sweating, cold shivers and the most horrific pain. But nothing since. Dr John said the same thing that it could take a good few weeks for my body to realise it's not a viable pregnancy. And we don't have private health so our public hospital is where I have to go. Physically how were you after? I don't think I'll be emotional anymore, I had my cry and now its locked away, that's what I do. I just shut off what hurts me I think. My husband isn't an emotional person at all but he told me this morning he was talking to a work colleague about it and his voice got all funny. I feel for him, I think he believes he has to be strong for me. But I'm okay, it was still our child, it still is our child. We were parents to this tiny baby for just a short time but it has given us hope. My first thing I said yesterday was I don't want to do it again I don't want to ever feel this pain again. But today I don't know what I want to do. I think one step at a time. Letting the people know who we told what's going on and also letting them know I don't want to talk about it or be asked questions. Just leave it be I think.. But I feel so comfortable and safe chatting on here about it. Takes me to another safe place and I can't thank you enough!
    I understand completely. My workmates knew, as we'd been doing it so long it was pretty hard to hide. Before I went back, I chatted with my boss, who asked if I wanted him to say something to the other workers so there were no hard questions to answer. It really helped. Physically I was fine. Only a light bleed for a few days. They ran tests after the D&C & there had been nothing wrong with bub, just one of those things
    We waited for 2 period/cycles before we put back another frostie, which was BFN. Then we did this transfer and it worked. Just take time to get over it all before you make any decisions on where to go now x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'm so sorry

I'm so so sorry to hear henzell - you sound like you're coping remarkably well considering. ..it's such an emotional Rollercoaster - so many highs and lows. ..a doctor said to a friend of mine who miscarried that it is actually a really good sign as it shows your body is capable of conceiving and there's every possibility that you could have a live baby the next time or time after. ...apparently up to 20% of pregnancies end up in miscarriage - that figure increases as we get older - many of my friends have suffered from a miscarriage. ..it doesn't take away the pain/grief and loss though....I'm terrified of having a miscarriage...I'm just about to embark on the IVF journey at the QFG...seeing Dr Scott Salisbury there. ..he seems lovely....

Take care and be gentle on yourself during this difficult time. ...xo