+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henzell123 View Post
    Thank you! I'm thinking I'll have one put in and one to freeze which I'm happy about. Okay thank you!! My transfer is at 3:20pm and my blood test to see if I'm pregnant is only 12 days after is that normal? I thought it was 14-19days?
    Hope your transfer went well today x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    Hope your transfer went well today x
    We are over the moon, transfer went amazing and on Saturday we found out the other two were okay to freeze which on Friday we didn't think they'd be able to. So we are so happy I've had a little cramping since but overall positive thoughts all round ☺️👶🏼💕

3. The Following User Says Thank You to henzell123 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSMS View Post
    That's normal! Good luck 🙏
    Thank you!! We are over the moon with our result for our first ever try. I'm keeping positive and waiting for our blood test to find out 👶🏼💕☺️

5. The Following User Says Thank You to henzell123 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are over the moon, transfer went amazing and on Saturday we found out the other two were okay to freeze which on Friday we didn't think they'd be able to. So we are so happy I've had a little cramping since but overall positive thoughts all round ☺️👶🏼💕
    That's great news! Congrats. Little bit of cramping is usual. Hoping your little emby is snuggling in ☺️

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

henzell123  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news! Congrats. Little bit of cramping is usual. Hoping your little emby is snuggling in ☺️
    I'm hoping so, how early were you feeling signs when you fell pregnant? 👶🏼💕

Thanks
    Reviews

Wink Thank you

Hi Sunshine! We didn't start ivf until I was 41, and I have had a tubal ligation, so either a reversal or ivf were our only options. We started with QFG in our town, but weren't very happy there. No change in protocol when cycles weren't working. Basically went to MyIVF because of price, but after our initial interview with Dr C, we were won over. He also is available as a FS through Monash. Not sure on difference in success rates, but I believe a lot comes down to the individual FS rather than the clinic. I've a friend who used Wazza, and if $ was no object, we may have tried him, although waiting list can be months long. He definitely seems to get results. If I was you, I'd be inclined to try MyIVF first, it is cheaper, you'd hit the safety net, so if you decided to move across to Wazza it would be cheaper straight away. In saying that, I believe Dr C is just as good. I've just turned 43 & success rates for 42/43 aren't fantastic, but he tries different things when stuff isn't working, which is what you need. And he's got me pregnant. He really is in ivf for the right reasons.
    Thank you Petal40 - you're so kind. You sound lovely. That's awesome to hear that you've had such a good run with MyIVF and fantastic to get pregnant after not that many cycles at age 42/43. Mr C sounds amazing. That's a great idea to try Mr C at MyIVF first and if no luck there and reach safety net, we could try Wazza....guess I could put my name down at both...

Would they normally encourage you to try Clomid and/or artificial insemination before IVF in circumstances such as mine? DB has hormonal issues (high prolactin, low testosterone, therefore low libido and low sperm motility - sorry if TMI) and I may have endo and ovarian cyst...as IVF has higher success rates and we ideally want 2 kids, I'm thinking IVF might be the best shot....

Thanks again for all of your helpful advice :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping so, how early were you feeling signs when you fell pregnant? 👶🏼💕
    I assume you're using crinone or pessaries? The thing is, the side effects they have could all be pregnancy symptoms. Such a pain in the a...
    But once I'd had my blood test, my BBs got quite sore & I got heartburn - which I still have
    Morning sickness didn't really kick in for me until about 6/7 weeks. Hopefully you don't get that anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1977 View Post
    Thank you Petal40 - you're so kind. You sound lovely. That's awesome to hear that you've had such a good run with MyIVF and fantastic to get pregnant after not that many cycles at age 42/43. Mr C sounds amazing. That's a great idea to try Mr C at MyIVF first and if no luck there and reach safety net, we could try Wazza....guess I could put my name down at both...

Would they normally encourage you to try Clomid and/or artificial insemination before IVF in circumstances such as mine? DB has hormonal issues (high prolactin, low testosterone, therefore low libido and low sperm motility - sorry if TMI) and I may have endo and ovarian cyst...as IVF has higher success rates and we ideally want 2 kids, I'm thinking IVF might be the best shot....

Thanks again for all of your helpful advice :-)
    Not sure what they'd recommend doing first, as my tubes are tied, we didn't have a choice.
    I would definitely book with both, Wazza has quite a waiting list, but if you ask to go on the cancellation list, sometimes it's quicker
    We did 2 cycles with a QFG, then 2 stimm cycles with MyIVF & 3 FET with them. So 7 all up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Sunshine1977  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I assume you're using crinone or pessaries? The thing is, the side effects they have could all be pregnancy symptoms. Such a pain in the a...
    But once I'd had my blood test, my BBs got quite sore & I got heartburn - which I still have
    Morning sickness didn't really kick in for me until about 6/7 weeks. Hopefully you don't get that anyway!
    Yes I'm on crinone, oh really I didn't know that. I know it's still early but my boobs are sooo sore to touch, they were like that when I was injecting then after egg collection went back to normal and now are so sore again, I'm a little bloated and tonight when I put the gel in it felt slightly uncomfortable. But as I said it is still very early but I'm trying to stay very positive ☺️ And heart burn 😣 I don't look forward to all that fun stuff aha.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henzell123 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (07-02-2016),StillHopeful  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly congrats henzell on being PUPO! (Pregnant until proven otherwise). And on 2 lovely embies in the freezer!

I'm currently 26 weeks thanks to MYivf and couldn't really fault them! Dr C is amazing and all the nurses are lovely. But ivf is never really easy, it's always a waiting game and I think you need to know that going into it, then hopefully you get lucky and it works first go! I am the least patient person in the world so it was hard and I also expected success straight away! After 18 months of TTC naturally after a vasectomy reversal, we started with Myivf. It took 2 egg pick ups, 1 m/c and 4 transfers to finally get our sticky little boy on board. The numbers drop dramatically, we had 6 collected the first time with only 2 making it - first transfer bfn second transfer early miscarriage. Then 18 collected and only 3 making it to freeze - no fresh transfer due to OHSS risk. 1st bfn and second is this sticky little boy on board

I didn't find there was too much waiting to cycle, you just have to take the pill to fit in with their dates - unless there is medical reasons for waiting like - normally you have to wait a cycle after a Epu for a frozen transfer or a few other things depending on your individual circumstances.

Sunshine I have a few friends finding success with the famous Wazza but his waiting lists are long, like his vitamins and medication lists lol! And I heard he was semi retiring this year. But it can't hurt to go on his waiting list? I'd definitely give MYIVF a go first, the earlier in the year the better due to the safety net and the way ivf goes you can only squeeze so many cycles in before the safety net starts again.

Petal great to hear from you! I have had heartburn daily for the past couple weeks also! But MS is all but a distant memory for the most part so can't complain! The time is flying! X

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (08-02-2016),Sunshine1977  (14-02-2016)