+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies just wondering how long is the wait list for northlakes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies and the wait is upto your fs and nurses I always had huge waits. I left this clinic and I am going back to my old one in hope one of my frozens works. Hopefully it works for you ladies as it has for othe other lovely ladies on this thread but after 3 failed fets I'm out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Hi ladies just wondering how long is the wait list for northlakes?
    Not sure lovely, I did my last FET in August. We have been with them for a year previous to that, and never were put on a waiting list. Had our initial appointment within weeks of calling & worked out our first cycle from that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by henzell123 View Post
    This is my first try at IVF using MYIVF, I am two days post op, I'm feeling really sore and uncomfortable, I can't really eat my tummy hurts. Is that normal? After my op they collected 9 eggs and out of the 9, 8 were viable for fertilisation. I received a call yesterday saying out of the 8, only 3 successfully fertilised. That was a blow I was hoping more would work. (I think more personal feelings thinking I didn't do well) they will call me tomorrow with the update on if any made it. I'm so nervous, I haven't had the best time with the meds making me feel sick, drowsy and fainting. And now this, I'm trying to stay as positive as I can. I only had two "break downs" whilst injecting. (For me that was amazing aha) but keeping all positive thoughts and if all goes well transfer is on Friday.

Are these feelings "normal" ? My husbands been great but can tell he is as worried and nervous as me.

Thank you for everyone's honesty it has helped calm me a lot!
    My DH called the stim drugs "crazy juice" as the hormones always made me a bit emotional.
    Is this your first ivf, or just first one with this clinic?
    I hope you get good news tomorrow & make it to transfer Friday.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

henzell123  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all the replies 😄. ..that's fantastic to hear Petal40! I'm 38.5 yo and have been TTC naturally for the past 7 months (not long I know but I'm the anxious type who worries excessively) - seeing FS in a few weeks to investigate possibility of endo...DB has high prolactin and low testosterone levels, so that could be contributing to no BFP...thinking I'll probably need laparoscopy and that procedure where they fill your fallopian tubes with dye to check out what's going on. ..if can't conceive naturally or with clomid or IUI after investigations within next 3 or so months, thinking we'll have no choice but to consider IVF, given my age. ..read your positive reviews about MyIVF and this has given me hope of an affordable IVF clinic. ..have you guys heard much about Monash IVF who MYIVF is affiliated with? Are their success rates higher than MyIVF? What is the main difference between the two clinics? I've also heard "Wazza" at QFG (or city fertility?) has really good success rates. ...it can all be so overwhelming, even this early in the piece....

Did you guys try clomid and IUI before you moved on to IVF?
    Last edited by Sunshine1977; 04-02-2016 at 03:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1977 View Post
    Thank you for all the replies 😄. ..that's fantastic to hear Petal40! I'm 38.5 yo and have been TTC naturally for the past 7 months (not long I know but I'm the anxious type who worries excessively) - seeing FS in a few weeks to investigate possibility of endo...DB has high prolactin and low testosterone levels, so that could be contributing to no BFP...thinking I'll probably need laparoscopy and that procedure where they fill your fallopian tubes with dye to check out what's going on. ..if can't conceive naturally or with clomid or IUI after investigations within next 3 or so months, thinking we'll have no choice but to consider IVF, given my age. ..read your positive reviews about MyIVF and this has given me hope of an affordable IVF clinic. ..have you guys heard much about Monash IVF who MYIVF is affiliated with? Are their success rates higher than MyIVF? What is the main difference between the two clinics? I've also heard "Wazza" at QFG (or city fertility?) has really good success rates. ...it can all be so overwhelming, even this early in the piece....

Did you guys try clomid and IUI before you moved on to IVF?
    Hi Sunshine! We didn't start ivf until I was 41, and I have had a tubal ligation, so either a reversal or ivf were our only options. We started with QFG in our town, but weren't very happy there. No change in protocol when cycles weren't working. Basically went to MyIVF because of price, but after our initial interview with Dr C, we were won over. He also is available as a FS through Monash. Not sure on difference in success rates, but I believe a lot comes down to the individual FS rather than the clinic. I've a friend who used Wazza, and if $ was no object, we may have tried him, although waiting list can be months long. He definitely seems to get results. If I was you, I'd be inclined to try MyIVF first, it is cheaper, you'd hit the safety net, so if you decided to move across to Wazza it would be cheaper straight away. In saying that, I believe Dr C is just as good. I've just turned 43 & success rates for 42/43 aren't fantastic, but he tries different things when stuff isn't working, which is what you need. And he's got me pregnant. He really is in ivf for the right reasons.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (18-05-2016),StillHopeful  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    My DH called the stim drugs "crazy juice" as the hormones always made me a bit emotional.
    Is this your first ivf, or just first one with this clinic?
    I hope you get good news tomorrow & make it to transfer Friday.
    This is my first ever go at IVF so everything is so overwhelming. I turn 23 in March and my husband turns 24 in November, I wasn't born with enough eggs and he only has 1% of sperm that works and low motility. That was a big blow finding that out when we both don't drink, smoke or do drugs. But we overcame those feelings and here we are

I got a message this morning saying 2/3 were developing well and the third is just a little slower, but we will get a full report tomorrow at transfer so that's good news, we have two YAY!!! But this morning I was reading the info again and I read about the crinon gel and I completely forgot to use the first one last night so I just put it in then. Just so much to remember..

Quick question too, how long after egg collection did anyone have sex? Ive read so many forums and I just don't know, my discharge paper says when you feel comfortable, I just know my hubbys dying for it. (Sorry for too much info)
    Last edited by henzell123; 04-02-2016 at 11:44.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to henzell123 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first ever go at IVF so everything is so overwhelming. I turn 23 in March and my husband turns 24 in November, I wasn't born with enough eggs and he only has 1% of sperm that works and low motility. That was a big blow finding that out when we both don't drink, smoke or do drugs. But we overcame those feelings and here we are

I got a message this morning saying 2/3 were developing well and the third is just a little slower, but we will get a full report tomorrow at transfer so that's good news, we have two YAY!!! But this morning I was reading the info again and I read about the crinon gel and I completely forgot to use the first one last night so I just put it in then. Just so much to remember..

Quick question too, how long after egg collection did anyone have sex? Ive read so many forums and I just don't know, my discharge paper says when you feel comfortable, I just know my hubbys dying for it. (Sorry for too much info)
    That's great news! You may even get some to freeze!
    As for the sex question, I think as long as you feel comfortable. I did a bit of research into it, and apparently sex before transfer can be beneficial, as there would normally be sperm in the uterus when the egg got there. So we did the deed either the morning of, or night before transfer. But mine were frozen transfers, so not close to EPU.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    That's great news! You may even get some to freeze!
    As for the sex question, I think as long as you feel comfortable. I did a bit of research into it, and apparently sex before transfer can be beneficial, as there would normally be sperm in the uterus when the egg got there. So we did the deed either the morning of, or night before transfer. But mine were frozen transfers, so not close to EPU.
    Good luck!
    Thank you! I'm thinking I'll have one put in and one to freeze which I'm happy about. Okay thank you!! My transfer is at 3:20pm and my blood test to see if I'm pregnant is only 12 days after is that normal? I thought it was 14-19days?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henzell123 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (06-02-2016),StillHopeful  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I'm thinking I'll have one put in and one to freeze which I'm happy about. Okay thank you!! My transfer is at 3:20pm and my blood test to see if I'm pregnant is only 12 days after is that normal? I thought it was 14-19days?
    That's normal! Good luck 🙏

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

henzell123  (07-02-2016)