+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    But I would definitely be questioning MYIVF on the prices I was given a cost sheet and told it's the same for everyone. Maybe there has been a mistake somewhere x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful ive asked why they wont use my day 5 apparently they are keeping it incase the last day 4 doesnt thaw ive already tried asking to use the day 5 but apparently i have to use the 4 first, i might try again though doubt i will get anywhere. As for mentioning the clinic i normally dont but someone asked who i was with and thats the only reason i did. And rang clinic this morning since getting reactions to progynova and got told to either suck it up or cancel fet rude! They should have an alternative to progynova.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MyIVF Clinic Brisbane - reviews

That makes sense if they grow it out to day 5, and then if it arrests by the next day, they can thaw your day 5 and still have something to transfer. Where as if they did the other way around, and they day 5 didn't thaw, they can't use your day 4 as back up and you would have to wait another whole cycle again.

Please don't think I was having a go regarding the prices, I realise someone else asked. I guess I just try to be careful whinging about what I've paid when in comparison there's a huge difference. But I really can't believe hearing about the bulk bill side of LIFE! 700 a cycle wth! Sounds amazing! The $$ is hard and it's just as hard for us. Lower cost is still huge to get something so many get for free! And we have every right to complain, I was just suggesting to be mindful of what thread we say it in. This one is a free for all because we SHOULD be paying the same. Did you end up questioning your costs? X
    Last edited by StillHopeful; 04-11-2015 at 12:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re your embryo- But if they put it back just as a day 4 I would be cranky lol x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

No i haven't questioned the price yet I'm seeing dr c on monday to go a few rounds so to speak. I got someone named sue this morning who ive never spoken to and shes never heard of me cause the progynova is messing with my body and her response is i should consider cancelling my fet, not impressed cause if i cant do fet what am i meant to do? I am gonna ask for both my embryos to be thawed at this point i dont care if the other gets flushed its been an incredibly long 6 months to be only starting my second fet.

As for clinic prices i went through westmead the first time and we got lucky and the price is a lot lower but we didnt want to travel and that was the deciding factor this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely ask about the cost, as I'm paying about the same as @StillHopeful.
    There are 2 nurses named Sue working there, they are the original nurses, and Rosie is relatively new. I've always found them to be lovely.
    Have you had problems with the Progynova before? I've been prescribed it on all my cycles, fresh & frozen transfers, and from both the clinics I've used. It's only oestrogen.
    I wouldn't be rushing to throw away any embryos. If you're truly not happy with them as a clinic, ask them to grow the 4 day out & put back both. They've put 2 in for me before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always found both Sues lovely aswell :-/ but I've always been polite myself. And Doc C is the nicest doc too. I wonder how your experience is so different. I hate to say 6 months in the world of ivf is not very long. I'm sorry that you're not happy. The desperation for it to be successful can definitely take its toll. But if you work with the nurses and Docs they do really want to get you pregnant. Hope you have a clear plan to move forward whether it be with MyIVF or elsewhere after your appointment x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MyIVF Clinic Brisbane - reviews

Quote Originally Posted by StillHopeful💕 View Post
    I've always found both Sues lovely aswell :-/ but I've always been polite myself. And Doc C is the nicest doc too. I wonder how your experience is so different. I hate to say 6 months in the world of ivf is not very long. I'm sorry that you're not happy. The desperation for it to be successful can definitely take its toll. But if you work with the nurses and Docs they do really want to get you pregnant. Hope you have a clear plan to move forward whether it be with MyIVF or elsewhere after your appointment x
    I have to agree. And Dr C is just wonderful! We knew he was the Dr for us after our first meeting with him - so completely opposite to our previous FS, who we felt was just pushing us through cycles for the $$. He has really tried everything he can to get me where I am, and he just has the loveliest manner. We've dealt with 2 other Drs there, Dr Baines & a lady Dr (can't remember her name), and found them to be just as lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I have just never spoken to the other sue before. And found her interesting i nornally deal with rosie or sue or therise. Im hoping to talk him into doing 2 on monday. Ive never had progynova before this clinic and its always reacted but this is the worst yet. Will find out monday when i see him i really like dr c but only time i saw him was at the initial appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katt1011 how did your appointment go?