+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I go to northlakes, its quite funny my boys go to the private school at northlakes and we pay less for that then we have for the ivf. Therise is lovely and always gets back to you even if its her day off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much a cycle are you paying, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Petal i paid around 5500 plus have to pay for this fet which is around 1800 i prefer not to look at bill til its due considering i get basically nothing back and thats reaching my medicare threshold, luckily thanks to pediatrician bills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But that's not your out of pocket?? Have you got your medicare rebate? My FET was only about $700 out of pocket. And my last full cycle was only about $3000 upfront, and $1300 after I got my rebate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Petal take 1300 off that and its my out of pocket, i literally sold my car and wedding ring and engagement ring to pay for it. Good thing i never wore my rings. I wasnt expecting the out of pocket to be that much but it was for me and no i didnt do icsi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh i forgot if you add the cost of the hospital all i really got back was 800. It sux the price doesnt include the freezing or the hospital and they are added extras you have to pay for. Although the hospital staff are lovely.

Sitting here waiting to see if i get a reply to my email about the progynova giving me a huge headache i cant shake with no amount of neurofen. Guessing not since they are shut

Thanks
    Reviews
    My private health paid for the hospital, but I've also had a transfer done in the rooms to avoid the hospital. Seems like such a big difference from what I paid, and my last transfer was only 3 months ago.
    As for your headache, have you got some mersyndol? I use that for migraines and it's great. Just take some & head for a lay down, will make you drowsy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katt, I'm also not sure how you price is Much more than ours. I have done 2 full stims and 3 FETS. Full Stim ICSI was about 3500 plus 500 hospital and 700 embryo freezing. Nothing back on the freezing and hospital but about 2200 back on the full stim. FETs were 1600 with 750 back plus prescriptions. I've always found them great, info gets a bit mixed up sometimes but not much else to complain about. The fact you have to stop/start and line up with them is part of how they lower their prices. I'm not sure what you were paying elsewhere, but I looked at monash first and it was $12000 for a icsi cycle! I have even spent that over 5 cycles!

As for the headache, you can't take nurofen if you are cycling! It's a anti inflammatory. I feel your pain, I have had one every day for the past week and only panadol to take. Which doesn't do much.

If it helps, I have heard about a clinic called LIFE that has a bulk bill side, apparently they only do FETS but someone said it cost them 700 for full stim, EPU, freezing and FET! With lower cost clinics expect waiting. Hell I've cycled with a lovely lady since this time last year who is paying through the **** at a full cost clinic and has waited longer for cycles than anyone I know of. I do understand your frustration, I'm the least patient person in the world. But ivf is a slow and sucky rollercoaster that unfortunately is the only chance for most of us so we just have to keep holding on

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful, i have no idea why i pay so much just my luck i guess, i will stick with them in hope one of my two remaining embryos works, although did ask to see dr Chenoweth again even he advised it when i emailed him.

Atleast you and others give me hope it works and everyone knows ivf is a numbers game it either works or doesnt, maybe its cause im older im more impatient lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a very hard game of luck. If I ever went back, I'd give LIFE a go purely due to prices.

Also just wanted to mention, in our brisbane thread, a few of the ladies are not eligible for Low cost including MyIVF due to needing DS etc, and I know they are paying in excess of 10k a cycle. So maybe just be mindful of that if discussing price in there as I know it's upsetting to them especially when they still haven't been successful xx

Hope your next FET works, can I ask why they aren't transferring your 5 day embie? I had all fails with day 4s and this bub came from my first blasty! Even growing your day 4 to 5 when thawing? Good luck x