+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default MyIVF Clinic Brisbane - reviews

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with MyIVF Clinic in Brisbane, they are a part of Monash University. I have been trying to find reviews or feedback from anyone that has used them. They appear to be a similar service to that of the Fertility Centre at Springwood however you are provided a lot of your updates on the progress via on online portal rather than have the costly doctors appoitnments. I have an appointment with them on Monday but it would be great to hear from anyone that has used them. They seem to considerably cheaper with an estimated out of pocket for the entire process of arond $1300.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I was just looking for any reviews on myivf and came across this post, How was your interview and do you know more about the costs , timeframe ect.... Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MyIVF Clinic Brisbane

Hi, no I didn't get any reviews. We have since had our initial appointment with the nurse and decided to proceed with them, last Wednesday we met with the doctor, Dr Chenoweth, I had heard good reports on him. He was absolutely lovely and we felt very comfortable. Due to where my cycle was at and the doctors suggestion that with our problems and age we shouldn’t wait any longer, we have already started the process (with the timing it worked out we needed to start the next day or wait another month), so we started and we are underway with our first IVF treatment. Whilst the staff and doctors have been doing IVF for a very long time, the clinic for Queensland only started in January, therefore there isn’t the long wait to get in like the Fertility Centre in Springwood. Dr Chenoweth mentioned that he was very passionate about this field, had been doing it a long time and was tied of the large costs for IVF treatment and wanted to offer a more cost effective option. Costs are appox under $2k so very affordable (not including freezing) (that’s including the treatment, scans medication etc). We have been given a 20% chance as we both have some issues. After speaking with Queensland Fertility Group – Spring Hill, and the fertility Centre at Springwood we felt the most comfortable with My IVF and it was a more costly avenue for us. Their website has more information about costs.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to ask any further questions. We ourselves are only a very fast learning curve as this process is all very new to us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

so my husband and I just had our initial consultation at my IVF in north lakes and we have our first doc app in May. Very excited about starting this new adventure however am still nervous and feeling reserved about it all. Hoping to meet others going through/been through IVF esp in our area xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on making your first appointment. We have just finished our first IVF cycle with MYIVF with only 1 egg retrieved which made it to day 5 and blastocyst and are on our 2 week wait with our blood test being done on Monday. No real symptoms apart from some very minor cramps, so fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!! I have my fingers crossed for you, which Clinic did you go through? And if you don't mind me asking how did you find the process of the cycle in regards to injections etc xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jensan View Post
    Congratulations on making your first appointment. We have just finished our first IVF cycle with MYIVF with only 1 egg retrieved which made it to day 5 and blastocyst and are on our 2 week wait with our blood test being done on Monday. No real symptoms apart from some very minor cramps, so fingers crossed.
    Hi! Would love to know how your cycle went with them. We are with QFG in Toowoomba, and am in 2ww of 2nd cycle, actually test on Monday also. But the $$ amount is a big difference, and if this cycle doesn't work, we were talking out the Springwood clinic. I wasn't aware of MYIVF, so probably worth looking at for us. Good luck for Monday

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found them to be great. unfortunately it was unsuccessful this time, but I will be going for our second try soon. We went through the same clinic you are going through with Dr Chenoweth and with Sue (the nurse). This was my first time and I believe we were their first egg retrieval and transfer as they just opened in January. As the clinic is so new (but all staff have a lot of previous experience) the systems and processes are still getting up and running, so sometimes things are a likely wonky on the office / paperwork side of things but it all went well for us, I was more than happy with the service and the experience they provided.
    As I mentioned previously, I am 41 and my partner is 40, I have blocked tubes and low AMH, he has borderline mobility, so the odds are against us. But seeing that we only got 1 egg from 3 average follicles and it made it to transfer stage, we were very happy with that for our first go. We looked at our first IVF as a trial run and didn't invest our emotions heavily knowing it was a test run, to see how my body reacted to the medication etc. I don't know much about the other clinics but I was more than happy.

The injections are daunting at first but you soon get used to them. We were pretty organised and had a routine. We set an alarm everyday for 8.50pm and had everything ready for 9.00pm. I had to have the injections so it was only fair my partner gave them to me . I used a small ice pack on my stomach for a couple of mins before each injection and then didn't feel a thing. It hurt him more to give them to me as he hates needles, there are some small bruises but fine otherwise. I didn't really get any side effects apart from a small amount of nausea for the first two nights on the Orgalutran, and also some bloating and constipation. When I started the pegesterone I had some very minor headache but that is it.
    The costs are very reasonable, there are a few additional costs we didn't budget for such as the day hospital, we were told we would be around $400 out of pocked but it was $890. Whilst I have hospital cover, it wouldn't cover us because it is classed as IVF treatment and I don't have IVF cover. If you are on a tight budget allow an extra $1k just in case. In regards to claiming from medicare, this process takes a little longer than I first thought so allow in your budget to cover not being able to claim for around 6 weeks. I have still yet to receive my itemised invoices from both the clinic and hospital so I haven't been able to claim yet. This is just handy to know especially if you are counting on claiming at the first opportunity for those that are budget conscious.

I hope this helps and best of luck to you both.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile kelann

Hi, I have just completed my egg collection with my ivf clinic and I have found this clinic to be great. I am 36 and partner 32 and we are diagnosed with secondary infertility we car across to this clinic due to the price but I can say the level of professional service we have received from both Sue and Dr Chenoweth is second to none. I was dreading the egg collection but other than the Iv going in I did not feel a thing. we collected 9 eggs from a total of 12 folicals of the 12 3 were only small . At this stage all 9 have fertilized and waiting till Monday for egg transfer here's hoping we have at least 1 that makes it.