+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Back and hip pain- trimester 1

Hi ladies,
    Yesterday I came home from work and my lower back and hips were aching. I took 2 Panadol and it did nothing. Im now not sure if it's my back or cramping. I'm taking the day off to rest up today.

Has anyone had this before? I'd love to know that it's somewhat common and normal. This is my first pregnancy and I'm 8w4d.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I had this very early in trimester 1 too! It would hit me then disappear it happened a couple of times too - I'm happy to say I haven't had it since hitting the second trimester (20 weeks now). Let's hope it stays away! I also started doing prenatal yoga from 12 weeks that may have helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Do you know what causes it? Hoping it's something normal like my uterus growing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked my GP and she said its normal and due to hormonal changes that effect muscles and changes, stretching etc etc. she also said if it's prolonged or you get bleeding to see your OB/other care provider.

I had it one time In my tailbone and I had to lie down with a heat pack all night.. Woke up the next day fine, it was weird

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks so much joeee. I've had no bleeding which is great, but I'm too paranoid to use a heat pack lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi
    It probably the relaxin hormone at work here. I felt pain from around week 15 but can happen a lot sooner. It does seem to get better from about week 22-30. Then really has ramped up since then to all over tummy muscular pain most of the day and leg cramps every night. It's totally normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks kazza, glad to hear it's normal, though I wish I didn't have the pain. Hope it disappears soon..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anytime becca, I was super paranoid in trimester 1 too.

There comes a point that you need to step back and accept what will be will be though.. My OB noticed I was stressed about everything and she said if you have no pain or bleeding then you can assume that baby is fine..that is my mantra now haha plus I have started to feel the baby moving now so that also reassures me

All the best xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I haven't stressed throughout the pregnancy at all appart from this. I have a scan on Saturday so I'm sure that will be reassuring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good! I was a mess!