+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Moving baby to his own room?

My son is almost 6 months, and starting to get mobile. Hes a little monkey so I know as soon as hes starting to move around he won't be able to sleep as easy because he will be able to see us. I have seperation anxiety on moving him to his room. He would be fine with it, he sleeps through the night and is very noisy when he wants to bed so we could hear him. Id also get a monitor. What age did you move your babies and was there anything that made it easier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    5 months as we co slept and he was moving to much and kept me awake and I woke him up . I just woke up one morning and did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    3 months- but I slept in a camp bed next to dd for another month- it wasn't for her benefit but mine! She didn't even notice if I was there or not! I was stressing so much about the transition, we used to sleep in the lounge room (so DH could sleep) with her in a fisher price rock n play sleeper, but it was such a non event moving to the cot! I do miss watching her sleeping though.
    I had planned to sleep next to her for 6 months but it was what was best for us and DH missed me (and I missed my bed, I was sleeping on the couch).
    Monitors are great.
    Good luck

Eta: next baby I'll sleep with them in their room from the beginning and move myself out after a few months.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 11-02-2014 at 08:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 was 4mths as I caved to pressure from in laws. We bedshare on and off since then she is 3.5yo.

Dd2 was 16mths. She hates bedsharing so I kept her in our room for longer.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I moved DS1 to his own room around 9 months, didn't bother with a monitor or anything because there are french doors between his and our room so I just left the doors open. To make the transition a little easier for him I moved his cot into his room for his day naps for a few weeks, then moved him permanently.

DS2 is 10 months and still in our room. We're working on getting the kids' new room painted so we can move them in together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd was 3 months and I was so worried about it! Major seperation anxiety but unfortunately bed sharing doesn't work for us :-(. She had no problem whatsoever transitioning to the cot from the bassinet in our room.
    The only thing I would recommend is to buy a video monitor so you can see bub at all times. Best money I ever spent. I really didn't need a monitor as bubs room is right next to ours and I can hear every peep but it really eased my mind being able to see her. I can even see her breathing on the monitor.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We moved ds1 around 11mths just before ds2 was born. He was mobile to by this stage and it was getting tough to get him to sleep in our bed. First night he was upset but never looked back. I tried to put him in bed with me when it was super hot in the air conditioned room but he couldn't sleep.

Ds2 is three mths now and still in out room. I plan to move him once he sleeping a bit longer.