+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ACU Student Midwife to support pregnant women in Melbourne and Geelong

Hi,

My name is May and I'm studying Midwifery at the ACU Melbourne Campus. As part of the course I'm required to follow 20 women through their childbearing journey to develop a partnership to experience continuity with individual women through pregnancy, labour, birth and the postnatal period, where practicable and irrespective of the carers chosen by the woman or of the availability of midwifery continuity of care models.

As a woman participating in this program, the pregnancy must be before 35 weeks. I will accompany you to antenatal and postnatal appointments/ classes/ screening tests and if you would like, I would be willing, happy and honored to be a supporter at your birth.

All information about you, place of birth and care provider are completely confidential and you are able to withdraw from the program at any time.

If this is something you, or someone you know would benefit from or be interested in, let me know. I am more than happy to answer any questions through phone or email and I'm willing to travel around.

All best wishes to your pregnancy.

May
    S00171040@myacu.edu.au
    maitran251@hotmail.com
    Last edited by mttran; 11-02-2014 at 18:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have any query, please just contact me.

May
    S00171040@myacu.edu.au
    maitran251@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Reviews

Default lost and scared

Hi. Im a 27yo single mother living in melton west. I am 33 weeks into my second pregnancy and as of 3 weeks ago have been having problems. 3 weeks ago i had a large show and mild contractions that started 20 min apart. The hospital in baccus marsh gave me some medication to stop the labour but it did not work. After 5 days my contractions had prgressed to 4 min apart but my cervix was not opening. The pain was very uncomfortable and i had not slept properly in days on day 7 i had a small stroke and lost alot of the stregth in my right side with facial drooping. I was emergency transfered to rwh where they found a small anurizm in my right temple. Then they sent me home with a heap of pain killera and my contractions still going they transfered me back to baccus marsh and then i was passed on tto sunshine. I have progressed to 2 min apart and on several occations had the urge to bear down but they just keep sending me home with more pain killers i dont want. I am truly terrified that i will have another stroke under this constant preassure and the dangers to my baby being in this pain for 3 weeks. They have refused to give me an induction i dont know what to do i cant live like this anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Casey, If you can give me your contact details, we can talk more QUOTE=casey1986;7666913]Hi. Im a 27yo single mother living in melton west. I am 33 weeks into my second pregnancy and as of 3 weeks ago have been having problems. 3 weeks ago i had a large show and mild contractions that started 20 min apart. The hospital in baccus marsh gave me some medication to stop the labour but it did not work. After 5 days my contractions had prgressed to 4 min apart but my cervix was not opening. The pain was very uncomfortable and i had not slept properly in days on day 7 i had a small stroke and lost alot of the stregth in my right side with facial drooping. I was emergency transfered to rwh where they found a small anurizm in my right temple. Then they sent me home with a heap of pain killera and my contractions still going they transfered me back to baccus marsh and then i was passed on tto sunshine. I have progressed to 2 min apart and on several occations had the urge to bear down but they just keep sending me home with more pain killers i dont want. I am truly terrified that i will have another stroke under this constant preassure and the dangers to my baby being in this pain for 3 weeks. They have refused to give me an induction i dont know what to do i cant live like this anymore.[/QUOTE]