+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Toddler shoes?

Tossing up between See Kai Run, Pediped and Stride Rite but as I'm buying online I would like some input from anyone who has bought these. Sizing...did they run big or small? Durability...did they hold up well? Comfort...did your LO like them? TIA
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 11-02-2014 at 05:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bought pediped and see Kai run. I like the pedipeds, although the pair I bought was not leather the material was good quality and machine washable. The one I got was the pediped aiden. I liked them and so did the kids. The sole was flexible too.
    I am not very happy with the see Kai run. The one I bought is leather and looks nice but the quality doesn't look that great. I did buy a bigger size for ds to grow into so he hasn't worn them yet. They just don't seem to have the same support as the pedipeds.
    As for sizing I think it depends on the style. The websites normally have a size guide to help you work out which is best.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been happy with See Kai Runs for my little man, and I've bought several pairs if stride rite sandals for my girls which have been really nice quality, soft leather, flexible soles, etc.
    I always find if I'm trying to choose between a couple of different options, online reviews usually help me make my decision.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just been at the podiatrist for my dd (few issues for her) and he recommended bobux or ecco... I think he stocked the one of the other brands you mentioned. He said as long as they has have proper soles with arch support and a supportive heel they should be good shoes for new walkers/toddlers. No soft material type soles iykwim.
    I just bought some clarks online and am very happy with them. Sorry I don't have a lot of experience but thought I'd pass on the recommendation.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. I'm worried about getting the wrong size especially if I'm getting them shipped from the US so I won't be able to exchange them. I've measured his foot and used that with the size charts and then I read reviews that say they are a size larger or a size smaller and then I just get confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've bought all my daughter's shoes second hand, since the most I'm willing to pay for toddler shoes is $2 a pair :P
    That said, she has a pair of Stride Rite which are great. They seem comfortable & supportive, and they're very good quality. I've also found Beeko to be great.

With regard to sizing, it's hard to say whether a particular brand is bigger/smaller than others, since (as with clothing) they seem to vary so much. So if I thought a brand ran big in sizing... is that brand big, or are the ones I'm comparing it to small? Hard to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I buy skeanies for my DD. They are beautiful soft leather and perfect for developing feet. They have an easy size chart to use if you order them online.

It's actually not recommended buying second hand shoes for children coz the inner soles have been moulded to fit the child's foot beforehand.
    Something I won't skimp on is shoes for my DD.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    I
    It's actually not recommended buying second hand shoes for children coz the inner soles have been moulded to fit the child's foot beforehand.
    Something I won't skimp on is shoes for my DD.
    Not if they've never been worn

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Fiery  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Not if they've never been worn
    Where do you find them???? I'd never be that lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    @WiseOldOwl I noticed that myhabit.com have see Kai run shoes on sale at the moment. I have bought from them many times they are an amazon company so very reliable.
    Thanks I'll check them out.