+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    21mth age gap between my two. Hardest year of our lives when bub #2 was born and it is still a challenge for us. Both kids very strong willed, demanding and bundles of never ending energy. They don't sleep a whole lot either.
    Goodluck.
    i always wanted my kids close in age. They are the best of friends and play really well together without me, but geez they are trouble at times!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    We planned a 4 year gap but ended up with a 5.5 year gap and so far it's working well. It has its own challenges like juggling naps and school pick up, and suddenly needing to worry about choking hazards when you have a house full of barbie shoes and littlest pet shop miniatures! But they both adore each other. I do think personality helps too, DD is quite high energy so enjoys being silly to entertain the baby!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I forgot the choking hazard thing, that was a problem DS1 always forgot to put his Lego away but has finally learned

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an almost 3 year age gap, ds 3 is a major mummy's boy he fell madly in love with dd 10months but played up massively for the first 5 months for me and dh. It was hard dd was constantly bf and a catnapper so poor ds didn't get much mum time. She is now a much better day sleeper and I can give ds that time. It's all been worth it though the bond between the two of them has been the best thing to me about being their mum.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenfoot83 For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister and I are 21 months apart and I've always wanted to have children close in age because we are so close and always have been the best of friends. Reading this thread has made me wonder if maybe 3 years or so is a better idea! haha. My mum said it was hard at first too, but as we grew up we looked after each other and kept each other busy quite effectively.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bambipickle For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have all helped me feel so much more relaxed about my decision. Im feeling more optimistic now so thank u

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 10yr age gap and this time will have a 22mth age gap so very interested to hear what advice you ladies have lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a planned 3yr age gap between the boys. Ds1 was completely toilet trained, sleeping in his own big bed, able to dress himself, was talking properly, able to help himself the fridge etc by the time ds2 was born. He was a big help to his baby brother and was in 3yr old kindy 2 afternoons a week and 4yr kindy 4 half days the following year so I had that one on one time with ds2. Ds's are great mates, ds1 is so caring and helpful toward his little brother, being boys they are into the same things so play nicely together. It's a personal decision really but for me, I didn't want 2 in nappies etc. We planned a 3yr gap again but we had a few unsuccessful tries with IVF so we will now have a 3.5yr gap between ds2 and #3. Again ds2 is self sufficient already and he will be off to 4yr kindy next year so I am thinking it will be much the same as it was when having #2.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (12-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a 2year 4 month gap between 1 & 2 and a 2 year 8 month gap between 2 & 3! Which means 5 years between the 1st and 3rd. Honestly it's been fantastic! I don't really have any cons at all. There will be hard an trying phases regardless of your age gap. I think it more depends on te nature of your baby/child!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (12-02-2014)