+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tubes tied

How did you know you were 100% certain.

I feel it, crave it and dont want anymore children. I have a 9.5mo and 35.5wks preg. Both complicated pregnancies. Im 23years old with no career but we have a house already & car.

I guess I feel two is financially great for us & df feels same and is wanting the snip too.

Just after some feed back or personal stories thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I thought about getting my TT but went with hubby getting the snip as he is 110% sure he wont want any future children should anything happen to me. Is there a reason you feel you need both of you done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At 23, I would reccomend alternative contraception (or a vasectomy if you think you are serious - which is sometimes reversible) you are still very young for such permanent measures. What if your marriage failed and you met someone else, you won lotto and finances werent an issue? Its your decision, but I think it would be hard to find a doctor that would agree at your age - its not a minor procedure to be taken lighlty. Have you considered the mirena or other measures? I had a TL at 32 after complex pregnancies and 2 babies, it can bring with it irriversible side effects that need to be considered when making your decision. Good luck with whatever choice you make.
    Last edited by mrsoptomistic; 10-02-2014 at 19:55.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (10-02-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just wanted to add, he had it done at a local GP surgery, cost us $120 after medicare and he was up and about on the 2nd day, first day he just rested in bed a lot. I have read there are now non surgical methods for women to get their TT but they require a bit of invasive testing post procedure to ensure it worked..hubby just had to DTD into the cup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    At 23, I would reccomend alternative contraception (or a vasectomy if ypu think you are serious - which is sometimes reversible) you are still very young for such permanent measures. What if ypur marriage failed, you won lotto and fjnances werent an issue
    We discussed these too, good suggestion (we were 33 and 31) and we were adamant that even if $ was not something we ever had to think about again we wouldn't want more children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the half quote! My bub pressed submit before I was finished! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by mrsoptomistic; 10-02-2014 at 20:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I were in your position, I would wait. When you have young children and are pregnant it is easy to say 'never again', but when you are so young so much could change. Could you try something not so permanent until your youngest is about 2?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have epilepsy so most pills etc are out the question and ive already been signed off by doctor to get it done. Ive had seizures both pregnancies and its really made me hate being pregnant and not want to do it again.

We dont have money probs its more I feel we can provide better at two I hope that makes sense.

Df feels he is done with his two kids even if we do remarry. I dont care on his decision if he did or didn't.

I have been told once they do it ivf is very hard to do (the tubes are basically failed)