+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I think DS has his days an nights mixed up

How do I get this fixed?

He will sleep 3-4 hrs at a time durin the day but night times he wakes every 2 hrs and also takes forever to go back to sleep. I'm utterly exhausted and really struggling as I have sore boobs and nipples and D-MER on top of it all, so it's all making me very depressed.

Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was like this too. I started taking her out lots in the pram during the day and making sure her day naps weren't in silence (which wasn't hard with a 4yo too!) and night sleeps were in the dark and silent.

Took her a few days but she sorted herself out pretty quickly! Even just sitting outside for nap times (pram/bassinet etc) helped I found.

Good luck x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Lots of light during the day, quiet and dark at night. My DS2 was like this, it sorted itself out around the 6 week mark, nothing I did worked up until that point.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, he sleeps with DS1 making heaps of noise and when he's awake I try to keep him awake for a while but he falls asleep so easy during the day! I also take him out in the garden to let him see daylight etc.

Hope it changes around soon.

I would much prefer the 3-4 hrs blocks at night!!

Did I wake your DD during the day at all? Right now he's been asleep for just over 3 hrs and I'm wondering if I should wake him for a feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel your pain, my babies are like that. The longest I had it go on was for 12 weeks with my third. I was lucky my mother was there to help me keep up the housework etc.
    My last baby had such bad reflux I was sleeping in 40 minute blocks every night for the first 6 weeks. Nothing I did would help. I thought I was going to go insane by the time he started going longer, up to four hours at about 6 weeks.
    Good luck trying to sort it out. I hope someone is helping you out, especially if you have other kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Thanks, he sleeps with DS1 making heaps of noise and when he's awake I try to keep him awake for a while but he falls asleep so easy during the day! I also take him out in the garden to let him see daylight etc.

Hope it changes around soon.

I would much prefer the 3-4 hrs blocks at night!!

Did I wake your DD during the day at all? Right now he's been asleep for just over 3 hrs and I'm wondering if I should wake him for a feed.

I woke my DD for feeds but she was prem. Maybe give your child health nurse a call and see what she says? Hopefully you have a good one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    How do I get this fixed?

He will sleep 3-4 hrs at a time durin the day but night times he wakes every 2 hrs and also takes forever to go back to sleep. I'm utterly exhausted and really struggling as I have sore boobs and nipples and D-MER on top of it all, so it's all making me very depressed.

Any advice?

My Ds was born last Monday as well.

Similar issue that he sleeps like a champ during the days, not so much during the nights.

Don't know if your BF but I believe it's a BF issue in that (and maybe someone can explain this better than I can), there is a lesser supply in the evenings, and the milk is more 'sticky' which means some babies might need to cluster feed before they are as full as they would be during the days.. It also means that they'll wake more often overnight.

Like I said my Ds is doing it too. But I figure this too shall pass.. Up until Saturday he refused to sleep anywhere but on top of me, but now our day sleeps are long and in the bassinet. So I figure the nights will soon sort themselves out, with a little persistence from me.

Don't forget they're only 1 week old.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    My Ds was born last Monday as well.

Similar issue that he sleeps like a champ during the days, not so much during the nights.

Don't know if your BF but I believe it's a BF issue in that (and maybe someone can explain this better than I can), there is a lesser supply in the evenings, and the milk is more 'sticky' which means some babies might need to cluster feed before they are as full as they would be during the days.. It also means that they'll wake more often overnight.

Like I said my Ds is doing it too. But I figure this too shall pass.. Up until Saturday he refused to sleep anywhere but on top of me, but now our day sleeps are long and in the bassinet. So I figure the nights will soon sort themselves out, with a little persistence from me.

Don't forget they're only 1 week old.
    Close...your milk producing hormones are actually highest between about 1-5am so you have the most supply then. My bub is two and a half weeks and I'm lucky if he sleep 3 hours during the afternoon/evening. All other times its 2 hours max.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is almost 3 weeks old and she has been like this since day 1. We could only bf for 1 week and formula didn't change anything. I have white noise playing at night as I think she likes the noise (there is lots of noise from DS 21 months during the day!). But unfortunately I think it's just a case of riding it out....