Closed Thread
Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bongley, I really hope we can stop you having to eat your hat, and your shoes ;-). Butterfly, our donor was 26 and there are certainly younger available. I think we just got extremely lucky on our cycle as on her previous one there were 12 eggs. We thought 12 would be pretty good actually.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (08-06-2014),Butterfly39  (08-06-2014),MGC Bertie  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Bongley, I really hope we can stop you having to eat your hat, and your shoes ;-). Butterfly, our donor was 26 and there are certainly younger available. I think we just got extremely lucky on our cycle as on her previous one there were 12 eggs. We thought 12 would be pretty good actually.
    Wow that's great I still hope ur UTD first time though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Hope you don't mind me dropping in here, but there's such a good vibe!! It's just that I'm wondering how much over 40 everyone is...
    Noseying around here to see if anyone else is my age (42.10) and how the IVF journey is for first time...I've just had one cancelled cycle(May) and now waiting to get on the next lot of ramped up drugs which are in my fridge - when AF visits in the next week.
    Anyone similar to me here? TIA
    Last edited by Biscotti71; 08-06-2014 at 12:13.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the link @Butterfly39. It is certainly interesting.

@mgcbertie when I was having intralipids last week I asked dr m for a script for Valium as I had heard it has been prescribed by some FS to help keep the mother calm before and after transfers he told me to get buscopan from the chemist and to take that too. He said the Valium was to keep me calm, the buscopan to stop the uterus contracting and keep it calm too.

Welcome @Biscotti71 I'm slightly younger at 40.5 and am about to do my 5th transfer. Good luck

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (08-06-2014),Butterfly39  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So great to read some positive new from the lovely people here. I have my next blood test and scan tomorrow see how our eggs are coming along and am feeling a little nervous(actually a lot nervous). I get good numbers but everyone keeps telling me it's quality not quantity I need. Last round we got 11 eggs but none made it to day 5. After this our Dr suggested just 1 more round before considering donor eggs. Your posts have been a real pick me up. Thanks everyone. Good luck MrsErinR with those lovely donor eggs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @faithandhopellovelove have you been taking supplements to help with egg quality? Dhea? Hgh? I haved been on so many vitamins for the last yr to help with quality and have used hgh the last two cycles and dhea this last cycle. Not sure if the dhea made a diff this time as they were all frozen at day 1, but I do think the hgh has helped with quality for us.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow have u girls seen the donors on traveling donors? They all look like models..... They undergo cycles in Thailand .... Very pretty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly.... no haven't heard of "travelling donors" - you must have googling time up your sleeve at the moment ;-))

Biscotti.... you've come to the right place here. This thread is for all us "over 40s", and I'm presently 41yrs 9mths. Oh gosh, that seems old when I write it down like that - if it's any consolation I feel 10 years younger than that, but my own eggs didn't think so!! I've found this thread one of the best threads for me, as everyone here has such good advice for issues that are particularly relevant for our age group. Good luck with your next cycle - hope it all goes to plan.

Faithandhopelove.... not making it to day 5 was a problem for my own eggs too. Making it to day 3 seems to be fine, but that day 4 is quite a hurdle, as that's when the embryo takes a different developmental step and often fails because it wasn't meant to be or the quality wasn't good enough or some other factor. I tried HGH for one of my cycles, but my quality was worse than some of my other cycles, so go figure. It probably works for some women, but I think my eggies possibly just weren't up to it. Everyone is different. Is this your second round of IVF then? Once you do move to DE you won't regret it, but I do feel you have to give a good go with your OE to be mentally and emotionally ready to move on. Good luck for this next cycle.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Biscotti71,

I am 43.5 and in the exact same boat as you right now - first cycle cancelled in May and waiting to start cycle #2 (on an amped up dose of the drugs) when AF
    arrives (next week also). Actually I think I might be the oldest in this group, anyone else 43? Apart from the fab Helsbaby on my other thread who is also 43 and currently 22 weeks preg (from her 4th cycle).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mgcbertie im doing nights and DH is away so yes a bit of googling time, but actually it was WDA who recommended them to me. They fly them from SA to Thai clinic. Anyway they are simply gorgeous, you can see pics of them.