Closed Thread
Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Ertgirl oh no that is upsetting, But who knows you might get lucky. If the others wouldn't fertilise and this one did, then this is probably the good one. Out of 5 eggs at our age we are probably only going to get one that will make it to blast anyhow So it's essentially perhaps been selected early. Because this is the good egg, it may be capable of doing something, as we know you can have babies....

Chris - omg you take the cake for persistence! Good for you! Can I ask what kept you going? My mum bled the whole pregnancy on and off with me by the way. How did your appointment go?

bertie - I feel bad that you feel so sad, but I can't shake the feeling that due to your high intelligence, persistence, supportive partner and ability to organise and plan, you will get a baby in the end. Don't torture yourself unnecessarily with it all. I have total faith in you because from your signature you have only ever had 2 embryos transferred in your ivf life, is that right? To date I've had 11 transferred and still no bubby. So you spent 50k, who cares, some people put that through the pokies, a divorce, legal troubles, romantic disasters, buying ugly furniture or crappy art, collecting cars, motorbikes, ostrich farms, plastic surgery, race horses, making bad real estate investments.... My DH spent more than that on his stupid boat he doesn't even use because it always breaks down. At least you're doing something that's important to you and that you believe in. That's all that matters.

Afm
    New FS, New plan. He says it looks like there's scar or new fibroid in the uterus and I seem a bit PCOS-ish. Plan for new protocol - higher fsh dose - 250!, long down reg instead of antagonist over 3 cycles, freeze all, PGD, hysteroscopy & nk biopsy/scratch/removal of scar, then transfer adding clexane/steroids/intralipids/feldane if necessary.

But the best part is that DH has to ice his balls nightly which I was super smug about. Finally happy the little bugger has to do something uncomfortable. Looking forward to some cycles without a transfer and the BFP/bfn anxiety. If we do all these things and still fail, I think at this point the fat lady has well and truly sung.

Started sniffing today, so im not having a period either so Im really freakin happy about that. Also, the best news is that after an afternoon of poking and prodding at Wesley, my boob tumours are 'complex but stable' and I can continue having yearly surveillance.

I spent the morning taking all my frustrations out in the garden and after declaring war on anything standing in my way, have torn all the weeds out of all the flower beds and finally feel better. I'm planning a new girlie flower bed to attract more butterflies to the garden (we have so many) to remind myself that life is still beautiful, no matter what happens to you.

Off to chemical menopause I go. Poor DH.
    You are inspiring my dear! What a gorgeous attitude. And I had a little chuckle about DH icing his balls too - Gold! Wishing you all the luck in the world

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    Hello beautiful ladies. Sad news I'm afraid; our last little eggie didn't fertilise. It's been an honour cycling with you all & I wish you all the best & scrumptious little bubbas in your arms soon. We are blessed to have our boy xx
    Oh honey, I'm so sorry, that just sucks. Big hug to you and DH

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ertgirl I'm so sorry that this has happened. Big hugsfaithandhopellove welcome and good luck for your cycle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post

Can I ask what Feldane is for? Is your FS doing the Intrallipids, or a special immune FS like Dr Mattias? I've started hearing that some FSs are starting to do Intrallipids, and that it cuts down on costs (Dr M charges $650 for the Intrallipids and app. $2000-3000 for IVIG)
    holy autoimmune antibodies Bertie - ivig aren't cheap!

the immune protocol decision ie will be only done aggressively if indicated by results of uterine biopsy otherwise low dose steroids aspirin clexane feldene (piroxocam). The intralipids really do no harm, and could just be given, but the nk biopsy will determine if high dose steroids/higher dose clexane / intralipids vs ivig is indicated. I'm keen for him to make a diagnosis.

Re peroxicam (feldene) - skip to the discussion ... Note the proposed regime is one dose only prior to ET

http://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=jbs.2007.123.126
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 07-06-2014 at 11:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly... thank you so much for the link to that article - it's now on my question list for both FS and Dr M. Thanks heaps.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I have pretty astounding news. After hearing that we had 16 mature eggs, when I got the fert results the following day they said we actually had 24 eggs and 21 had fertilised. Total shock here. Never expected that.

As if that wasn't enough of a shock, I've just had the day 3 update and apparently we now have 23. Two have caught up and the rest are still going. Transfer is Monday. I hope our luck doesn't run out before that.

Ertgirl, I'm so sorry to hear your egg didn't fertilise. I hope you know and feel in your heart that you gave it your all., so you can move on.

X

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-06-2014),ertgirl  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin... that's absolutely fabulous - 23 embryos on day 3!!! I'm quite astounded at that. Did they tell you what the cell gradings were like? Can't wait to hear what they're like on day 5. How many will you transfer? Fantastic news xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    They didn't say anything about cell gradings and I didn't ask. I've always felt a bit funny knowing those because it's just an extra thing for me to stress and obsessively google about. I'm not sure if they'll tell me on Monday though.

We are actually choosing to transfer only 1. It's been a really hard decision because it does reduce the odds a bit. But, twins are risky for me because I've had uterine surgery in the past for fibroids. Our FS here only ever advised us to do single transfers for that reason.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-06-2014),MGC Bertie  (08-06-2014),Twocam  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MisserinR holy COW!!!!!!

If you don't get a baby from all those embies then I will eat my hat. And my shoes. You must feel preeeeetty good right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow mrserinR you could therefore have 2 years of single FETs if u wanted lolol amazing. How old is ur donor? Well chosen, you must be feeling like the cat that got the cream congratulations that is wonderful news. Really happy for you!