Closed Thread
Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Oh my god @ertgirl that would be horrendously stressful, the financial part is just a huge amount of stress, to add insult to injury. I changed clinics after 3 cycles due to the cost. I'm sorry this is obviously a stupid question:- there are no cheaper clinics near where you live?
    I now go through the hospital as a public patient. Long waits for appointments and very basic service but its about 1/3 of the cost. I've read of uber cheap clinics opening up in the past few years but I'm not sure if there are many around.

My partner also had testicular cancer and has one ball but I think all the issues are still on my side.........
    Thanks @Bongley; so sorry you had to endure your DP suffering through cancer.

Your post actually made me smile though; I was just thinking where else can we go & just chat about our partner's balls? Bh, of course!

Not a stupid question at all about cheaper clinics. There are a couple around, the only problem is our bmi. The public ones have really strict bmi restrictions that DH & I are well over. We both need to lose heaps of weight (& have both had surgery to do so) but our FS felt that given my age & diminishing AMH that we didn't have time to lose the kind of weight needed to get into the cheaper clinics. Our FS actually works at one of the public clinics too & they use Genea's labs so they should be pretty good. Kicking myself; when we did our 1st cycle, our (very smart) FS suggested we do another stim cycle to get more embryos. We were going to then the dark area showed up on the US of DH's ball (just lurve talkin about them balls 😉), so his urologist wouldn't let us surgically remove sperm till this year (when it had been stable for a while). After my great response on 225 puregon in 2011, we just never imagined I'd respond so dismally to double the dose. Our biggest concern all along is if they will find sperm in DH. Last retrieval he had 16 needle aspirations where none was found, then they went in surgically. We have some frozen (about 12 sperm all up) but last time they all died on defrost. Feeling like everyone who 'tut-tutted' us for daring to try for a second may be right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ertgirl, that sucks, Im in a similar frustrating situation with my breast tumours. They are benign but stimming, progesterone and saizen all make them grow. One of the types I have can necessitate mastectomy if it grows too much. You can't just take them out as they grow right through the breast (PASH). I've got to go to Brisbane on top of everything else shortly to reassess them. I can feel them growing with each cycle but they seem ok for now.

Well I tested today, and its a stark white bfn. Rats. I'm d5p5dt. Ill test again tomorrow.

ertgirl, Mrs P only got 1 egg at 41 and she got her bubba. all the very best
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 02-06-2014 at 07:13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry I've been AWOL ladies, I'm waiting on AF and of course she is late!

Ertgirl, I have an amh of 1.5 and have always had low numbers at retrieval. It really is quality over quantity. I got 7 on my last cycle but that was after I had shoved dhea and saizen and every known vitamin at it to try and get some good quality eggs! We got 5 fertilised and they are on ice waiting for AF to show up so they can thaw out and come join me! I wish you all the very best. If it was me, I'd go ahead with epu with only 4 follies, some might be hiding, some might catch up, and your golden one might be in those 4 xxx
    @Butterfly39 bummer. I think from memory in the past you've gotten a bfp early? Hopefully this is just a late implanter xxxx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (31-05-2014),ertgirl  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 oh no! I hope its just a late one. With my successful cycle I got my first line at DPO11..........
    @ertgirl oh it really sounds like you've just had a load of obstacles shoved in your path, to go from being a great responder to 4 follicles must be really hard, you get some quality eggs. I hope they find some sperm too without having to go in surgically. My partners testicular cancer happened before we met, I didn't actually notice he had only one ball, he had to tell me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My, you girls are lovely. I feel so thankful for the support & feedback. @Butterfly39 so sorry it's a BFN for you today, but like others have said it's still early days. With DS I tested at 5dp5dt & got a bfn, 2 days later I got my BFP, so you're definitely not out yet. I'm keeping everything crossed for you Hun. That must be so stressful with those breast tumours, IF really does suck & it just doesn't seem fair that for some making babies is a lovely, natural thing. Then there's the rest of us. I hope your boobies are ok atm; sending them, healthy vibes xx
    AFM, well, interesting developments today. My E2 is up over 3000 & somehow I had 10 follicles today (4in the lead). The nurse I spoke to after my scan on Thursday assured me that more follies would not just pop up, so I'm very confused. Anyway the US tech seemed much more thorough today & took longer at the scan. We spoke with one of the FNs at length this morn. She assured us that our FS does not make these decisions lightly & that if he felt those four follies were a best case scenario then he would advise us to go ahead. I think that considering that he put me straight onto 450 puregon this cycle, that apart from my AMH there must be other indicators from all my tests that showed I may be a poor responder. So, I have two more days of stimming then another BT & US on Monday. It would be lovely to think that some of those follies were looking promising. Thanks again for the encouragement. I actually got 7 hours sleep last night, which I think helped with my sanity levels. I've not been sleeping as I've had terrible restless legs, then DS was ill & didn't sleep at all on Thursday night. So I think that contributed to my not coping yesterday. Thanks for putting up with my stressing xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news about the follies @ertgirl. Be cautiously optimistic. @Chiefsgirl the only BFP I had was at 9dp5dt@bongley lol@ DH having to tell u he only had one. Guess u were the starfish in the bedroom then
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 02-06-2014 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 hahaha, I honestly never noticed! Perhaps he had other delights to distract me One bollock or two, meh, still gets the job done

you get that BFP in the next few days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly.... that's interesting what you say about tumours etc. I recently was diagnosed with a large cyst in my liver - it's 2cm x 2cm x 10cm - I freaked out totally, but the GP says the scans say not to worry, and yes, probably caused by all the IVF drugs. Surely us IVF women could have a break and not have other medical things on top of what we're already going through!! In fact, it's my third cyst (all not cancerous, so they say!) - breast, kidney and now liver. Like as if I don't have enough time off work with IVF - though the cysts have given me some good excuses, when I've actually been doing IVF :-))

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly, 5dp5dt still pretty early. I got my positive this time at 6dp5dt but I know even that was still early.

Ertgirl good luck with the follies. I know its disappointing when you dont get the numbers you're hoping for. My last cycle only produced 3 embryos and I was devastated after day 1 when only 2 were still growing. They told me at day 2 it was unlikely id have anything to transfer. But by some miracle one of them struggled on and made it to a day 5 blast. I tranferred that one with another frozen i had from my previous cycle (again the only blast I got from the whole cycle due to poor numbers) and one of them has stuck. All the cycles I had prior to that produced great numbers but not one of them stuck. You just never know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bertie -yes I think some people are just 'lumpy' or 'cysty'... It's
    better than being 'cancery' though
    @Chris9 wow another great ivf story. How many cycles did you do to get your BFP?

Afm - well it's another bfn for me today at 7dp5d5t. Boo. What's a girl to do.

Last edited by Butterfly39; 02-06-2014 at 07:24.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-06-2014)