Closed Thread
Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Chiefsgirl.... not a wine drinker (I have osteoporosis), but consoled myself nicely with charcoal chicken, potato bake and finished with a big piece of homemade chocolate cake covered with Maltesers :-))

Ertgirl.... I've already had my thyroid zapped with nuclear medicine (about 6 years ago). For about 3 years it was up and down. Then for the past three years it's been pretty stable. In fact about 8 months ago my endocrinologist said not to come back to him again, and that just my GP could monitor it, but I definitely need to go back since those numbers in the past month have been all over the shop.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 26-05-2014 at 20:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now I want cake

ertgirl, my e2 was 3400 but by then 11 eggs had declared themselves. You will end up with roughly 500-1000 per mature egg (mine was 8840 by day 12 and I got 9 eggs). If you're too low/not responding, generally they will cancel the cycle, have a rethink, and try again. Every cycle is different. I tend to stimulate well, but they're usually all crap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi gals, I got my period today so I'm out. Pleh. I've been thinking of the odds of getting preggers at my (our) age and wondering what to do. Emotions all over the shop from 'lets call it quits now' to 'lets go hell for leather and damn the expense'. (think it will be something in between).

Anyway. Earliest I'll be cycling is in july I think as I'm on the long down reg. I really thought this one was a goer as it seemed the best embie so far. More fool me, I should know by now I'll be speaking to my FS about the next step.

Take it easy everyone and I will be following along.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie and Bongley - really sorry to hear your news. Big hug to both of you xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bongley, totally understand how u feel... I vacillate between those two options also, I just wonder if I should abandon the fiasco in favour of donor egglets. My fs thinks while I can make blasts I should try... It has just been a year of trying now ... Trying not to ruminate about it to the point that it becomes upsetting for me though. I don't think that achieves anything.

bertie Perhaps I am brave, perhaps impulsive, but also keen to succeed ASAP and yes twins is a risk of that, although it would seem quite unlikely at this point given my age and history. My FS regaled me with horror tales of cerebral palsy babies but since I'm a medico also, he knows I'm fully aware of the risks and prepared to accept them. TET is definitely a calculated risk, and I've transferred 6 blasts and 3 day 3 embies and have only achieved a missed mc in that time. If it doesn't work, I've proven to myself that my eggs are too old ... And its time to put DH in the safari suit (or maybe he wears the tiger onesie and I wear the safari suit haha) and head to Africa!
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 26-05-2014 at 21:27.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (27-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I'm so sorry sweetie, it's never easy. Have you had much testing done? Do you know what your fertility issues are? Sorry I can't see signatures on the iPad app!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Bongley I'm so sorry sweetie, it's never easy. Have you had much testing done? Do you know what your fertility issues are? Sorry I can't see signatures on the iPad app!
    I'm pretty sure it was endo to begin with, since that has been cleared up I've had a successful cycle in 2012 and a few chems. Now I guess it must be egg quality. I will speak with my FS soon hopefully. I suspect its just a matter of rolling the dice and getting that good embie but I'll see if anything else can be done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Sorry to read it's a BFN Bongley

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was endo to begin with, since that has been cleared up I've had a successful cycle in 2012 and a few chems. Now I guess it must be egg quality. I will speak with my FS soon hopefully. I suspect its just a matter of rolling the dice and getting that good embie but I'll see if anything else can be done.
    You might want to research immune issues. It's quite common to have one successful pregnancy then it flare up and you struggle after that. There is a thread on here about nk cells/immune issues and it's affect on fertility. I stumbled on it and after 4 failed cycles went for testing and found out I have issues. I also read a book called is your body baby friendly by dr beers, it explained a lot.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (27-05-2014),Butterfly39  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl - do you have high ana/anca/anti thyroid antibodies or just high nk cells?

Afm - my last lonely morula turned into a blastocyst and was frozen, that has made my day.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-05-2014)