Closed Thread
Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone - I've been out to a Tupperware party... consoled myself and spent $200 worth of Tupperware that I probably don't actually need :-))

Yes, unfortunately I got a BFN on a HPT this morning - 9dp5dt. Not entirely surprised, but had soooooo hoped that having my sister's donor eggs was going to be the breakthrough we needed. But it doesn't look like it's meant to be. Very sad, as I now just don't think it will happen for us, since donor eggs didn't work. Will POAS the next two days and then official BT is Monday. We still have three of my sister's frosties, so will be looking at everything regarding implantation etc before doing an FET, even though I'm already doing Dr M's immune protocol with Intrallipids, aspirin, prednisolone and clexane. It's obviously my body, rather than my previous "old eggs", which in a way, makes me feel a little more annoyed/sad in that my eggs may have been OK, but my body won't even let it start to implant. Will let you know if there's any exciting change tomorrow (trying to think positive!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Thanks everyone - I've been out to a Tupperware party... consoled myself and spent $200 worth of Tupperware that I probably don't actually need :-))

Yes, unfortunately I got a BFN on a HPT this morning - 9dp5dt. Not entirely surprised, but had soooooo hoped that having my sister's donor eggs was going to be the breakthrough we needed. But it doesn't look like it's meant to be. Very sad, as I now just don't think it will happen for us, since donor eggs didn't work. Will POAS the next two days and then official BT is Monday. We still have three of my sister's frosties, so will be looking at everything regarding implantation etc before doing an FET, even though I'm already doing Dr M's immune protocol with Intrallipids, aspirin, prednisolone and clexane. It's obviously my body, rather than my previous "old eggs", which in a way, makes me feel a little more annoyed/sad in that my eggs may have been OK, but my body won't even let it start to implant. Will let you know if there's any exciting change tomorrow (trying to think positive!)
    Thanks for updating hun. Sorry you're going through this. It just sucks. Please try not to blame yourself if it hasn't worked this cycle, there are many reasons in any one month why it may not work. I responded to you on another thread about TSH; my FS & endo like it between 1 & 2 for conception. Hugs xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, I'm so sorry hon. It's great that you have the frosties though and even with donor eggs it's still a gamble to some degree. I can totally imagine you feel gutted today but don't give up. Maybe that one just wasn't your lucky embryo. Xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry bertie, this must have thrown up a whole heap of new doubts for you I see in your signature that you haven't had any kind of BFP, chemical or otherwise I'm sure you've had every test done and been poked and prodded but have you had investigations done, like a laparoscopy for endo or an endo scratch? I couldn't see anything in your sig.
    Hopefully one of your frosties will be the lucky one. Yes, thanks for updating us, you are one strong lady.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big Bertie. Remember the positives, you still have til your official bt date ( I know its not really consoling n disheartening ) and you also have a few frosties. So don't give up just yet. You can't blame yourself your body sometimes it doesn't implant even if all the right ingredients are there but that's not to say it won't happen the next time. Take care.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for all your lovely thoughts. Todays HPT on 10dp5dt was also BFN, so fairly resigned now. I have only the slightest hope that Monday might say something different, but fairly over it now. Bongley... yes, I've never had anything near a BFP - as much as I know that MC/chemicals etc must be dreadful to occur, I've secretly been hoping for a long while now to at least get to that stage, but nothing. And like most, if not all IVF women, I've had every test (BTs, ultrasounds, end scratches, and some really painful uterus tests that I'd never want to have again!) but everything with my uterus etc is perfect. My lining is always exactly as it should be at every IVF cycle without any extra medication etc. I have high ANAs and a couple of other very minor immune issues, but have been doing the immune protocol for the past three cycles (aspirin, prednisolone, clexane and intrallipids). But I will be asking both the FS and Dr M (immune) what else could be the cause of always getting nothing at all. The only positive I see right at the moment, is that statistics means that with me being a BFN, you have a better chance for a BFP :-)) Good luck xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bertie, that just sucks This stuff just really isn't fair. But you do have those frosties... you just never know... The way I see this BFN - if that's definitely what this turns out to be - is that you are now one cycle closer to your BFP

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Thanks ladies for all your lovely thoughts. Todays HPT on 10dp5dt was also BFN, so fairly resigned now. I have only the slightest hope that Monday might say something different, but fairly over it now. Bongley... yes, I've never had anything near a BFP - as much as I know that MC/chemicals etc must be dreadful to occur, I've secretly been hoping for a long while now to at least get to that stage, but nothing. And like most, if not all IVF women, I've had every test (BTs, ultrasounds, end scratches, and some really painful uterus tests that I'd never want to have again!) but everything with my uterus etc is perfect. My lining is always exactly as it should be at every IVF cycle without any extra medication etc. I have high ANAs and a couple of other very minor immune issues, but have been doing the immune protocol for the past three cycles (aspirin, prednisolone, clexane and intrallipids). But I will be asking both the FS and Dr M (immune) what else could be the cause of always getting nothing at all. The only positive I see right at the moment, is that statistics means that with me being a BFN, you have a better chance for a BFP :-)) Good luck xx
    @MGC Bertie, how are you feeling today hun? Remember, every month is different. Hang in there.

AFM, feeling so bloated. Think I might be smuggling a couple of basketballs where my ovaries should be. Please let this be a good sign. Apparently my estrogen wasn't high enough at the last BT. Anyone know what that might mean?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, I am so, so sorry to hear your news Just so unfair.... especially after everything you've thrown at this cycle.

ertgirl, hopefully that bloated feeling means your ovaries are growing lots of lovely follicles. It's always taken my e2 levels a while to get going, but they rose quickly once they got going. Hope yours get going soon.

Em, Team Panda, Vix, Ann, Bongley and everyone else reading along

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (25-05-2014),ertgirl  (25-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie im really sorry you're going through this, but you might be like me and have more luck with a frozen cycle. So dont write those frozen ones off yet! I always used to feel my body was much better prepared for a transfer without the bloating from the meds on a fresh cycle.

A few have asked about cycle doses. My last 2 cycles were high 400 and 450 with a split of menopur and puregon. I was really worried such high doses would fry my eggs or make me sick but although I did get lower follies (this could just be an age thing) and more bloating I did get a quality one the has stuck. My advice would be if your body feels really bad from the high doses then maybe freeze rather than transfer. I often wonder if I may have success earlier if I listened to my body a bit more rather than my FS.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris9 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-05-2014)