Closed Thread
Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Chiefsgirl wow lifting weights, you must be strong! Wouldn't want to come across u in a dark alley, lol. I'm actually a very small frame, naturally small, was a dancer and gymnast all my life until adulthood so never really stopped that tendency towards adrenaline sports. Would have loved to do martial arts though like you. Which style did you do?

Thanks so much for your advice re protein shakes, I will try that one in the old banana smoothie. I'm hitting the dairy, pasta and rice, but it so goes against my natural preferences of fruit and veges with bits of meat here and there. I cut out caffeine and dropped weight without meaning to I think because of all the sugar I wasn't having anymore and also gave up chips etc. I'm trying to eat lots of nuts and chia but its hard decreasing my activity level because that means my appetite isn't really there so much. Meh.

anyway just waiting for af could be Friday potentially for a cycle start. I will be turning 41 in the middle. Would be so nice to get a bubba for birthday. Mother's Day is generally a hard one.

hope you're all well and haven't turned into snap frozen baby peas with this cold snap! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, thanks for all your responses to my question regarding a unsuccessful cycle, you have given me hope and am trying to be positive. Vixjc - thanks for your info on Elonva, after this long cycle, depending on how it goes I will mention it to FS. I have done some reading up on it and it seems to have a bit better results, I think if I could get a decent number of eggs then I might get one for transfer. That's all I want one fresh transfer per cycle. Still two weeks till I have BT to see if I can start sniffing. Have a great week everyone : )

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GnH For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-05-2014),Team panda  (06-05-2014),Vixjc  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had an early scan today because of a little bleed that freaked me out - got one munchkin on board with a nice little heartbeat (at 5 weeks and 6 days) - phew! Was so relieved I forgot to ask the heart rate, but he said everything was as it should be, so that's enough for me

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

ann17  (08-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (06-05-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (09-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc.... so good to hear news of your little beanie is safe and beating away. Are you secretly pleased that there's just one and not triplets ;-))

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Butterfly39 I did tae kwon do for 6 years or so, got my black belt and lost the final of the nationals in 88, if I'd won I would have gone to the Seoul Olympics. When I came to Australia I studied shaolin Kung fun for nearly 2 years. Yes, my personal trainer says I 'm pretty strong for a female, I have leg pressed 200kg! I play netball, do yoga and personal training now.

As for the smoothies, if you get a good vanilla protein powder without lots of additives and def no sugar it's good with a bit of banana, berries, little yoghurt and milk. It's a good brekkie.
    @vixcj I commented in another thread but I'm glad to hear bub is ok after the bleed!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl wow that is so impressive ... I bet you can smash blocks and stuff too... Would be great stress release after ivf. Might have to get some tips to keep dh in line... Thanks for the protein shake tips too, I'm a big eater usually but everything extra will help, I must have a fast metabolism, DH keeps joking that I must have worms lol

@vix sorry to hear you had a bit of a scare, hope u r ok, you must have been pretty happy to see your little munchkin there now,... sending you sticky vibes girl

gnh I'm hoping for an elonva bub too... Hopefully our ovaries will go off like popcorn
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 06-05-2014 at 22:09.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Vixjc Yay! And to see the heartbeat pretty early too must have been magical.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Vixjc.... so good to hear news of your little beanie is safe and beating away. Are you secretly pleased that there's just one and not triplets ;-))
    Ha! YES! Mind you, I'm so incredibly grateful to be pregnant at all! A singleton feels so much more manageable, I get to keep my car, I won't stress so much about not giving them each enough attention ... twins would have been awesome, if not a little ovewhelming. I have to admit that part of me is devastated that (all going well) in order to give munchkin a sibling I will have to go through all this, all over again. Maybe IVf DE for munchkin #2 won't feel so hard after a successful pregnancy? We'll be lining up for it 6 months after the birth of this little one - so at least it will be summer in Greece. Maybe we can just hang out on the island DH's family is from and throw in an embryo transfer while we're there? How hard can that be Feels a long way away - maybe I'll just try to get though this pregnancy first hey, I'm pretty bloody nervous still!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post

@vix sorry to hear you had a bit of a scare, hope u r ok, you must have been pretty happy to see your little munchkin there now,... sending you sticky vibes girl

gnh I'm hoping for an elonva bub too... Hopefully our ovaries will go off like popcorn
    Love it! I love popcorn! Go nuts ladies

And thanks Butterfly and Bongley - was great to see the heartbeat, a little surreal! I could hear DH just exhale with relief as soon as the Doc said there was a heartbeat. Given our last scan at this stage of a pregnancy was so traumatic we were both just barely breathing ... was such a relief! Only problem was that I would have given a LIMB for a red wine afterward to relax and unwind after a VERY stressful day, but of course it was herbal tea for me (so satisfying! Not! ).

Last edited by Vixjc; 07-05-2014 at 18:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Butterfly39 I did tae kwon do for 6 years or so, got my black belt and lost the final of the nationals in 88, if I'd won I would have gone to the Seoul Olympics. When I came to Australia I studied shaolin Kung fun for nearly 2 years. Yes, my personal trainer says I 'm pretty strong for a female, I have leg pressed 200kg! I play netball, do yoga and personal training now.

As for the smoothies, if you get a good vanilla protein powder without lots of additives and def no sugar it's good with a bit of banana, berries, little yoghurt and milk. It's a good brekkie.
    @vixcj I commented in another thread but I'm glad to hear bub is ok after the bleed!
    Holy Sh*t Chiefsgirl! I'm a little afraid of you! And very impressed! Awesome! Missing out on Seoul musta been a heartbreaker though. Pah! Olympics are so overrated