Closed Thread
Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MrsErinR I don't think I'm a very good responder. It's round was on 450 gonal f, being upped to 600 for the last half of cycle, got 2 follies, 2 eggs, 1 fertilised. Just had 2nd cycle on 600 gonal f, 6 follis, 4 eggs, 2 fertilised. DH has 97% mobility! I have lowish amh, but FS hasn't tested fsh, but all my other tests came back fine. I am speaking with the embryologist in a few days to discuss quality of eggs, as we haven't really been told. I just don't see the point in throwing away $$ if egg quality is the problem. I just feel like we haven't been told too much, and if we only have 1 more go, I'd like it to be with someone willing to do a little investigative work. The FS I see is the only one in town, but brisbane is only 60 - 90 minutes away (depending on the suburb).
    I'm also questioning whether to just try a reversal & try naturally. Our FS advised against this because of my age, but I'm starting to think at least we could try every month & if it's meant to be it will happen. And sure beats the hellish 2ww.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 41 too, but a bit opposite to you in that I have a strangely high AMH and get a lot of eggs. Over 3 cycles I got 39 eggs and only one pregnancy that didn't progress unfortunately.

I put my issues down to egg quality, but that's a personal opinion as I think from that many eggs I should have had more success if they were any good. Sadly, I don't think there's any test for egg quality. There are some meds you can take to help egg quality if you want to give them a try. I think if your AMH is low, then chances are your FSH is high. I think that's how they normally correlate.

We decided to move to DE as we think we'll have a much better chance. I wouldn't impose that on anyone though as that decision is very personal and you have to become comfortable with it. If you are running out of money to keep trying it might be worth considering though.

I hope you find some answers, and it would definitely be worth getting a second opinion if your FS is not aggressive as I think we need proactive FS when we're older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chris9 - spotting is so scary - has it settled down? Hope its cleared up now and you've had some reassurance that all is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissErin - so when you picked your donor, she wasn't someone who had donated before? I think it shows that she is considered and thoughtful about big decisions - thats a good thing in my book!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vix. Yes she is a first time donor and it actually crossed my mind that the fact she wouldn't commit without being sure was a good thing too. It's just hard to think that when your cycle feels threatened!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vicjx - yes spotting has finally settled down. Thanks for asking. Doc got me in for scan and everything still looked ok but I think he he starting to worry that the spotting keeps happening. He said if it continues they will have to do an internal to see what's going on, but for the moment he wants to avoid this.

Petal40 - Ive lost count of my egg collection cycles but im sure it must be around 9 or 10 plus ive had frozen cycles on top of that. I have had quite a few miscarriages both naturally and with ivf. Ive probably had every test you can think of but unfortunately they could never find a problem, so im in the unexplained infertility bucket. My current FS says I have 3 times the amount of killer cells compared to others and this may be what was killing off the embryos, but my past FS does not believe this theory. Im currently 14.5 wks pregnant and apart from the occasional spotting im getting everything so far appears normal. I couldnt tell you why this one finally stuck after 7 years of trying to conceive. The only thing I did different was take a few different supplements that I ordered from the states as you cant get them here. I took them for a full 3 months before my collection. They were expensive but if thats what has made the difference they were worth it. And also much cheaper than some of the meds ive paid for in the past to improve egg quailty.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris9 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-04-2014),Vixjc  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chris, glad to hear the spotting has stopped. Need to hear some good news!

Vix, hoping to hear confirmation of your good news today too!

Em, how are you going?

Panda, has little Panda arrived yet? Would love to see a pic if she has.

MrsErinR, glad to hear your donor has got her issues ironed out and things are progressing. Hope things continue to move along smoothly.

Ann, how are you going?

Bongley, hope your cycle is going well and you are getting some good follie growth.

Petal, hello and welcome. There's no harm seeking a second opinion if you feel your current one isn't exploring all the options. At our age, it could definitely be an egg quality issue, but they should still be looking to see if there are any problems that could be hindering implantation, which has happened to girls posting here. My FS ran all the tests after my chem, which she considered a 2nd m/c. Nothing came up, and she advised we do PGD which really showed me how bad my quality has become over the last couple of years: out of 3 CGH cycles, I had 47 eggs collected, (39 mature) but only 6 day 5 embies for testing, with another that couldn't be tested but was good enough to be frozen. Of those, only 2 were normal, 2 abnormal, 2 inconclusive. Overall, though, it seems to be just luck of the draw, some girls get their BFP with a THB after only a cycle or two. Hope you get some answers.

Bertie, how are things going with the cycle with your sister?

Fingers, hope you and DP aren't going too crazy in the final stages of the 2WW. Hope DP is feeling better now.

Octoberbaby, Twocam, Micca, Kelly, Luca, ertgirl, and anyone else reading along.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (29-04-2014),Fingerscrossd11  (29-04-2014),MGC Bertie  (29-04-2014),Team panda  (01-05-2014),Vixjc  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday's hcg result (4wks5days) = 1399

happy with that!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

brownsugar  (12-06-2014),Butterfly39  (03-05-2014),ertgirl  (02-05-2014),Leomum  (03-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Spring, still don't know what to think as DP isnt saying anything to me. Still have Thursday (AF due) to get through before BT Friday eek

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vix, congratulations again, glad to hear the official confirmation!!

Fingers, hope that means you will get good news Friday.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (29-04-2014)