Closed Thread
Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mrsmac I think you have a good chance of it being successful because you do seem to fall pregnant very easily.
    Chiefsgirl I'm sorry to hear that, there's just never a guarantee with ivf that things will go to plan. But look on the bright side, a lot of people are choosing to do fets over fresh as they have a higher success rate. Your body will be less drug affected which they say can be a better environment for the emby to implant.
    Springrain that is fantastic news! Good luck, you deserve it. Patiently going through all those cycles to find two normal eggs is great. I'm really happy for you.
    Fingers good luck on the egg pick up!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (16-04-2014),SpringRain  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies, after speaking to the nurse it seems I'm always on the high side before epu. It might have something to do with how long it takes me to stim (14 days) so even though I haven't ovulated my body is on the downward side to AF. They said after ovulation your lining changes and progesterone goes up. I think my body must just wait a certain number of days and change whether I've ovulated or not- who knows.

I've resigned myself to it now. They won't let me do fet next month, so June it is!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its just the person I am but I must understand...chiefsgirl...is it that you need some progesterone but not as much as you made? Ie they are making me have it...starting 1 day before ET without knowing what my body does really...its just that how do they know giving someone progesterone wont give them too much..are you also saying that after transfer you dont need crap like crinone? .I dunno maybe I need to ask a fs but I find the chix on here know just as much sometimes lol at least about their own bodies

Springrain thats a lot of embies to be abnormal, I think it makes what you are doing worthwhile as there would be a lot of disappointment involved just continually transferring. I think its great to have that certainty. I have been feeling a little worried even just about the 2cell 2day embie I have thinking its barely fertilised so much could be wrong..

Today I feel so bad in my head, like cotton wool and a headache and my brain is mush...makes work very difficult...and jittery...and sad...just feel crappy....its getting worse day by day I thought after feeling fine for 5 days it would be ok but I really feel quite unstable 7dp2dt today...im really scared to take panadol and I cant tell from reading if I can drink chamomile tea....maybe a coffee but im scared of that too
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 16-04-2014 at 16:33.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    MrsMac it's pretty rare to be producing too much progesterone from what I can tell, normally most women are deficient and can't sustain a pregnancy if levels are too low. I think Chief's is the exception to the rule.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw mrsmac, go easy on yourself. Chamomile tea - particularly the shop bought stuff, is fine. And a single coffee won't do you in either - but if it would mess with your peace of mind, don't have it. Panadol is also ok, but keep clear on anti-inflames like nurofen. These hormones and all our hopes and fears mess with us hey

re the meds, you're right, you need enough progesterone to prevent miscarriage, but it can't be too high. The vast vast vast majority of us won't have naturally high progesterone and because the body can only absorb so much, we don't go too high when taking the usual med dose, if your levels aren't high enough they increase your crinone or pessaries, (in the past I've been on 12 pessaries per day) and if that doesn't work it's a progesterone injunction in the tusch ( I'm bringing some of those back from Athens just in case!) then there are some very few unlucky girls like chiefs who have naturally high levels or they respond to the meds differently and there's nothing the docs can do to bring it down. It's a bit like me not responding to the fsh meds that work for the vast majority of ladies, there is nothing the docs can do to get me to respond and thereby gain access to my nice little stockpile of eggs and therefore no bio kid for me, donor eggs only. If you really dislike the crinone - ask about the pessaries, I prefer them to crinone ( that stuff is gross) - to be honest the Greek pessaries are the least gross - I'm bringing home a stockpile! In fact, I have so many meds in my hand luggage there is barely enough room for my passport.

Take care of yourself MrsMac, and if it feels too much, contact your clinics counsellor, she might be able to help with some strategies to combat the cotton wool xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmac, the way the nurse explained it to me was, my body is just reacting to the fsh meds that I'm on. I stim with 450 gonal f which is quite high, plus I was on saizen too. I also stimmed for 14 days which is a long period of time. I asked why they give us the crinone/pessaries when there is this risk. She said that after ovulation the lining undergoes changes and starts to produce progesterone and then when no embryo is there you get a period, or if an embryo is there and attaches you need produce more/have the pessaries. They have worked out that if your progesterone level is 5 before epu, then by the time we get to transfer the lining will be too far ahead of where we need it to be ( ie it's on a downward spiral to AF instead of being at the right time for embryo to implant).

I hope that makes sense.

I think most people get a freeze all due to ohss rather than progesterone, but saying that one of the ladies in the Facebook group for immune issues had the same thing recently, so maybe my immune issues are to blame?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs – Good luck for your EPU today. The same thing happened to me one cycle when my progesterone was over 5 before EPU. I was on 300 gonalf when it happened & they explained the same to me. Although I don’t have high NK cells. It will definetely be better to put them back in June in a natural drug free environment. Could be just what you need.

Springy – Oh my that is a lot of abnormal embies. Understand why you are doing CHG. So glad you got 2 normals. Hope you get to put them back in soon.

Mrsmac – hope your 2WW is going OK. When is your test?

Vix – Hope you are well. Can’t wait to hear your results.

AFM – have started researching for DE (thanks Em). A lot to take in but getting a little excited. Have a bit of time out between Easter & Anzac Day so will be good to have time to do it. Happy Easter everyone.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-04-2014),Vixjc  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chief thinking of u and your EPU today xx

afm

Well we had EPU yesterday. 5 were collected, then the call from the lab 4 were viable to inject (the 5th was an empty shell).

Call this morning, 3 fertilized and transfer is tomorrow at 9.20am (day 2 transfer).

Getting nervous

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck today Chiefsgirl!
    Springy - wow that's a lot of eggs for the 2 normal ones, but your chances are really good with those two! Congratulations.
    All good for me - numbers are 'normal' which is music to my ears.
    First scan on the 29th.

Hello to everyone else
    Em x

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (17-04-2014),SpringRain  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc - good luck with getting a bfp. Im hoping for twins for you xxx

Luca - Really sorry about your bfn. Its always like a kick in the guts at first, especially after what we all go through. Hoping you bounce back quickly xxx.

Chiefsgirl - im one of those stats where frozen cycles have always worked best. In the years ive been doing ivf ive never got a bfp from a fresh cycle. Only ever from frozen. Maybe this could be a blessing in disguise for you.

Afm - NIPS results are in. Low risk for downs, yay!! And confirmed im having a girl. 13 weeks today. Im finally starting to believe I may be having a baby. Long flight home on sunday, holiday nearly over.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris9 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (18-04-2014),Vixjc  (18-04-2014)