Closed Thread
Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Luca - so sorry to hear it didn't work out em ski is right about the brighter future with DE though, so when you're ready for it, DE can be so exciting

Chiefsgirl my first intralipid last november my hand was quite swollen afterwards and a bit bruised, and I did get puffy - but the puffy might have been the steroids (and being careless with my diet!). This time I don't have either - here they infused the intralipid into my arm not the hand, there is a small bruise but that's it. I'm not getting weight gain/puffy effect yet either but I'm watching my diet more - so much easier in an apartment than a hotel. Also it kinda looked like the volume of fluid transfused might have been less than in Aus? Are you in Melbourne? I don't know how I'm going to get my second intralipid if I get a BFP - my current fs doesn't believe in them and my former fs prob won't want to give me one cos I'm not his patient anymore and went to a different clinic than the one he is affiliated with in Greece ... Ideas anyone?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Luca  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You can try Nick Lolgatis at Monash in Melbourne Vix ... he's the only one here who will do them.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Nick is my former FS - not sure whether he does intralipid for non/former patients ? Is he the only melbourne fs who does them?!? I didn't realise ... Current fs says there is no evidence to support their use at all and that they are only supposed to be prescribed as part of a clinical trial ... But I assumed DrNick wasn't flying totally solo about it ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca, I'm sorry to hear about your BFN. Moving to DE is a very personal decision and it takes some time to digest. I can understand that it is not for everyone.

But, I just want to say that I feel great for having made that decision. It's like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I hope you come to that point too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Luca  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca so sorry for your bfn- it's never easy and leaves us in tears. My last cycle I incl saizen as well and one prior to that added luveris, like you had a false positive which was pregnyl. I was so upset but fast forward to present day my odds were higher with DE. But I didn't waste time and got the ball rolling. Keep moving forward. I hope your de journey is short and sweet and you are preggos before you know it! Take care

Vixjc yay for being pupo!! Were they blast txs?

Emski how you going? MSy yet?

Fingers good luck with epu! Fingers !

mrsmac tww

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ann - they were blasties (not sure what txs is?), apparently great quality.

It's a bizarre situation to have put three in whilst hoping that only two take - it feels ungrateful somehow? And if its a bfp i will be grateful no matter how many there re - but terrified as well if its triplets!!!

We had two excellent blasties and two medium blasties left over and we have donated those ... It's 1000 euro to freeze them and given we couldn't be sure they'd survive thaw but would have spent the flight costs etc to be here for it, we figured we'd be better off doing a fresh cycle if we needed too so we could be confident about actually receiving a transfer ... It's all such a gamble

To everyone xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

ann17  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca sorry to hear it didn't work.i was really hoping that there would be some more positive announcements on this thread. Why does it have to be so hard at our age?
    Vix don't want to scare you but one of my relatives went to Athens for donor eggs and they put three in and all three took. The triplets are about 9 months old now and she had quite a good pregnancy but was on bed rest the last couple of months of the pregnancy. I was surprised that they would allow that many to be transferred, especially as the donor eggs were so young. Good luck with this cycle. I only know that Dr Nick does intralipids in melbourne. I was with Dr Lynn and she didn't believe in them.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (15-04-2014),Luca  (15-04-2014),Vixjc  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Dr Nick is my former FS - not sure whether he does intralipid for non/former patients ? Is he the only melbourne fs who does them?!? I didn't realise ... Current fs says there is no evidence to support their use at all and that they are only supposed to be prescribed as part of a clinical trial ... But I assumed DrNick wasn't flying totally solo about it ...
    I rang his rooms to enquire ages ago and asked if I could get intralipid as a private patient, (he's not my FS) his receptionist said as a pregnant woman it should be fine... worth calling to find out. Yes he's the only one.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi vixjc I'm in Sydney. I think dr m would do it for a non patient, but he charges $650 plus the private hospital costs so it's not cheap!

I've been super careful with my diet, but I've found that with saizen I bloat anyway. But I was really puffy in the face after the infusion on sat, it's calming down now, but whew I'll have to be careful! I 'm on 20mg prednisolone and going up to. 25mg on transfer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Luca I'm sorry I missed your post! I'm sorry it didn't work. Good luck with the de journey. I think we might be heading in that direction soon myself.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Luca  (15-04-2014)