Closed Thread
Page 48 of 97 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @emski72 whoooooooohoooooo congrats sweetie that is wonderful news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Emski!!!! Now THAT is how it is done I will try and follow your lead, so very happy for you!!

Mrs Mac - that's just so crap. I'm so sorry that's how your day went, and also really I'm sorry your DH is feeling so simultaneously cornered and that's its been futile. No doubt it's a mixture of things he's feeling that have bubbled out the way they have and probably with words that don't actually reflect the conflict he's feeling - but its really NOT great when you're the one whose body is on the line that you're having to try and work out where he is at and what's going on beneath the words. I reckno the chances of him having walked this journey with you and not really being on board for it, are really really slim. IVF just makes the fellas - usually such an impulsive 'shag now deal later' lot - face issues they don't usually have to ... Maybe just put his outburst to the side, as something to be dealt with later, then once the dust has settled and you're not recovering from a GA, bring it up and talk it through? ... if course I say that but my DH is a vault and he'd never discuss it ... so good luck if yours does! In the meantime, I'm sending you a big 'ole hug Whinge here as much as you like And for the record, I'd take 2 eggs any day - well done you!!! Transfer em both I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats emski thats what we want to hear!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just wonderful after everything you have been through

Thanks as always for your opinions girls, thankyou octoberbaby as it is your initial struggles with your DH that I always keep in my mind and hope that he will come around the same.

Btw it was b4 EPU he had his little spit so I was feeling pretty revolting but by the time we got to clinic he was fine (I was still devastated) .....he is so sure that either hes going to be unhappy or I am and we will divorce... because I have changed the game., and he is too old "im nearly fn 50"...mind you he is fit as a fiddle

Of course I know I might end up with no embies to transfer yet re the twins thing. I feel like I cant do another cycle if this fails.

Anyway enough, hes gone home im at my sis till transfer..

Celebrate with emski!!!!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 07-04-2014 at 21:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a text from DH this morning replying to my last msg saying "oh well yesterday was my last chance to back out of it all guess thats why I was upset...goodmorning "

I guess that means since he didnt back out its ok then lol? For this round

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmac sorry you have to deal with the added stress of a husband who is not always on board. I say keep your eye on the prize, be strong and do whatever you have to do to get your hands on the prize. My DH is absolutely wonderful, never seen him so happy to tell you the truth, but we had a few touch and go moments during the ivf years. All I could do was believe in myself that I was doing the right thing. When he use to see me upset because a cycle hadn't worked sometimes he didn't know how to deal with it and he would say the wrong things. But I just had to be strong and not let him get to me too much. At the same time I had to always keep a fine balance and not get him upset, especially as I needed his sperm to get what I wanted! Crazy isn't it?
    Emski congratulations on your news!! I know it's early but you have to book an ob now. Then you have another two blood tests plus scans. I had a scan with monash ultrasound at 6 weeks and another at Lynn's rooms. So much testing!! Well done once again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - Congratulations!! After everything you have been through what a great result!! Wow the DE girls are going great - first Angel now you. Who's next - MrsErin or Bertie??!!

Mrsmac - I hope you get great fertilisation news today.

So I POAS this morning (8dpo) and got a very very faint positive. So this HAS to be the trigger doesn't it?? Why did I do this!!! I have no more HPTs at home so cannot torture myself anymore......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

emski72  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca wont you go and buy more they are on special at chemist warehouse lol...for all my DH ridiculousness he was obsessed with getting them for me for next week and stocked up while I was at EPU. Congrats on the BFP :thumbup: woohoo lots of good news happenin

Afm 1 egg fertilised 1 immature...I guess they knew what they were doing but I would have liked to stim longer to give the other follies more of a chance. At least I can have a trial with 1 embie b4 the twin test...and I dont need to decide lol

Also DH sperm which was 1% morph 5 months ago and meant to do icsi apparently did not need it...whether the change in vitamins worked or the fact that the actual sperm count is high helped I have no clue

Anyway transfer 11.40 tomorrow eeeep

Last edited by mrsmac123; 08-04-2014 at 10:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Luca... it's hard to tell... but as Erin said FRERs are on special at Chemist Warehouse at the mo for $10 bucks for 3! Get yourself down there. I see a pee stick gallery in your bathroom in the near future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca which trigger did you use? I only remember pregnyl being the one that came up positive.
    good luck Mrs Mac, is tomorrow day 3dpo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Panda, sorry I missed your post! Thank you for the well wishes, yes I bit the bullet this morning and contacted an OB Lynn recommended to me because I'm in limbo. Lucky I did as she's on leave in the second part of Dec (I'm due 14th) so only has limited spaces. I'm not really Lynn's patient anymore, just 'private' patient which means there's no follow up really as her nurses do all her legwork...so it's all up to me! I have my second beta tomorrow
    Lucky I know what I need to do. But the lady at the OB office said that now that I have an appointment with them I am considered her patient so can ring with any concerns / requests etc. which really is a load off my mind as GP's don't have much of a clue beyond the basics of pregnancy from what I can tell.

How are you going - I was thinking yesterday you must be getting close now!

Em x