Closed Thread
Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly really sorry about your bfn its so disappointing.

Octoberbaby all the very best

Vix congrats on whipping that lining into gear what a relief

Hello other threadees

I got 2 eggs today...not great i guess but ok. We did initially say we wanted 2 transferred but I just dont know again now.,.its my first cycle really dont know..I mean what if I do get twins ..I kind of did want to freeze now to save for a rainy day and more money

Just a quick whine...first thing out of DH mouth was what a great fn day this was with all the money being wasted...I was so taken aback...i said really??? You are going to do this now? This morning? On this day? I calculated how much he spends on beer in a year and showed him and said...mate when I catch up to you for the last decade then you can speak. Then he says its not just that ...its having a kid...and im like OMG..seriously you have been giving me injections all week. Walking with me while I lose my weight...he feels like he has no choice ... I dont know what to think..he sounds like he may have been overwhelmed...he said in the end my surgery was only 9 weeks ago and he watched me almost die and its all a big deal ... he just does not like being out of the comfort zone.,,but he soon went back to his usual self...and seemed supportive.. it broke my heart though...you cant take some things back and today of all days and I really felt alone., I wish I hada crystal ball I just know he would be a great and loving dad

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh mrsmac123 that's not what you want to hear after epu! Maybe he's just overwhelmed with it all and a little nervous after your scare recently.

2 is still 2 eggs, and gives you two chances of getting a bub. I can't help you with the decision on 1 or two, I've always done 2 when given the opportunity.

Rest up, your body has just had surgery! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's tough Mrs Mac. A tough thing to hear. I think IVF brings out the best & worst in us, hopefully it was just a glitch & as you said he was feeling overwhelmed. 2 eggs is good & a lot of bubhubbers can tell you it only takes one. I'm not sure about putting 2 back in, I used to think twins would be a breeze, now after 1, I'm not too sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I was speaking to a nurse at the clinic that had ivf twins after a few failures...she was thinking she would be flat out getting 1 to stick lets try 2. They are 2.5 now and she said even her pregnancy was bad...but still she was having trouble with 2 and seemed regretful of her decision..ie she was saying make sure you really are prepared to end up with twins...duh....or even more if they split again,given DH carry on today .,,and have no idea how my eggs are though he was the one back in nov that wanted me to ask about 2.., gaahhh....men...I was so happy to have this chance and barely stressed. I think twins would be fine...hes just a jekkyl and hyde

Can they tell anything at all about the eggs before it gets to transfer? Or just how the overall embryo looks?

If I knew he was just being emotional it wouldnt bother me...im that driven I can do it alone for both of us until he comes around...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 07-04-2014 at 16:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've thought the same things; if get that far & then are offered the chance to transfer 2, would we take it? In some ways, I think 'Cool, instant family' on the other hand I think about how blissful those 1st few months were with DS & watching my friend who has twins being pulled between the 2 & I'm just not sure. I also have twins in my family & quite often when I get the ovulation scan I've had a dominant follicle on both sides, so what if one of the embies split. Argh; there is so much to think about.

Any news Emski?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Up the bloody duff - beta #1 was 111 which for late 13dpo (Cape Town time) is good!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (08-04-2014),Leomum  (07-04-2014),MGC Bertie  (07-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (07-04-2014),Precious40  (07-04-2014),Twocam  (08-04-2014),Vixjc  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo-hoo!!! Em, congrats, they're great numbers. So, so chuffed for you. Awesome news xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

emski72  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em, Congratulations!!! After all you've been through, you thoroughly deserve this! Sending you great sticky vibes, and hoping to hear more good news at your next BT/scan.

Thanks for thinking of me, I'm just waiting for the results of my last biopsy. I've had them tested after each cycle, my clinic don't allow banking up from multiple cycles for one round of testing any more (I think they used to to, but it stopped the year prior to me starting).

MrsMac, wishing you a quick recovery from EPU, hoping you get a good strong one for transfer. Hope your DH was just a bit stressed, and didn't really mean it.

Octoberbaby, that has come up so quickly (probably not for you though ) Looking forward to hearing about bub's arrival, and maybe a pic or two?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Emski Awesome news!

MrsMac, here's my 2 cents worth...all just opinion, take it or leave it.....

I have shared with you that my DH really struggled with us doing IVF. Honestly, he agreed to do it, but was horrific for months when it first worked, and incredibly painful also when it failed. My guess is your DH is disappointed with 2 eggs but also struggling with 'what if it works'. I know it's hard, but this is about him dealing with it, not about you. Try and ignore the attitude....

In terms of the transfer, I would definitely do 2. You will find out more about the quality over the next few days. Not wanting to be negative, but you might only have 1 to transfer anyway (might not fertilise, grow etc). If you have 2, transfer both. It's not worth paying the $$$ to only freeze one, and not worth wasting one. If you do end up with twins, it really is meant to be. We always transferred 2 if we had low numbers and I've had 2 singleton pregnancies. I always found the next few days the hardest, waiting to see how the embryos progress. Take it one day at a time. It really is a rollercoaster and things can change daily. Hang in there xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski... that's fantastic news. I actually cried as I read you post out to my DH. Big congratulations. Looking forward to following your next 9 months xx