Closed Thread
Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Butterfly: Very interesting about the Tibetan Monks. I think if any kind of complementary therapy etc resonates (like acupuncture or TCM etc), then by all means, give it a go even if the only thing it helps is your sanity!!

I've never given up caffeine and still haven't, so you're a stronger woman than I!! However, I've always kept to within the 200mg's a day preggo guideline at all times. I rarely drink coffee, I just like to have my cup of tea of a morning and early afternoon is all Yes, I believe I agree that all the vitamins and supplements I took not only made me feel and look better, but I genuinely believe it helped maximise my egg quality and DP's sperm quality too (had him taking WDA's list for men for a couple of months before Cycle 4's TESA procedure). Even the Embryologist said that DP's sperm quality was slightly better than on Cycle 1,2 and 3 which was the proof in the pudding for me

Do you have PCO(S)?? Just curious as your FSH dosage seems a little low and more on par for PCO(S) girls. I've always been a normal responder, so my dosages have varied between 225IU and at its highest, 450IU in Cycle 4 which I feel was too high and not of any benefit to me egg number wise, so told WDA I wanted to go back onto a lower dose for Cycle 5 (300IU) which he agreed to.

What else can I tell you?? I've also just remembered that before I started Cycle 5, one of my BH mates Domiffy (who's usually over on my other thread), bought to my attention that optimal TSH levels for conception and pregnancy should be well under 2. At the time I'd just had all of my bloods redone and my level was right up against the ceiling at 4.0 (the levels at the lab for normal were between 0.3-4.0)..technically normal, but subclinical on a medical level. I did some quick research about this, then headed off to my GP to request going on a preventative dose of Thyroxine to get my levels down before I started my cycle and after explaining everything to her, she agreed, so that's what I did. I also found out a short time later from a preggo acquaintance of mine who has Hashimoto's that the OB's up at the hospital like TSH levels to be 2 and under for pregnancy.

I don't know if getting my levels down into the optimal range contributed to my BFP last cycle, but just wanted to have all my duck's in a row if you know what I mean?? Other than that, the only other thing is we used thawed TESA sperm this time as opposed to fresh in Cycle 4 (WDA got enough from DP then to freeze a couple of vials for the future).

Your embies are in way better shape than mine were, so am keeping my and sending that there's at least one sticky one in there for you Look, as you'll see from my signature, I've had ET's on almost every day conceivable (except a Day 6) and as I've said over on my other thread, I've come to the conclusion that if an embryo is genetically normal/competent enough to go on to form a healthy baby, I really don't think it makes any difference what day you transfer it on. It will either keep going or it won't.

I have much the same opinion when it comes to the grading of embryo's. Statistically, a "top drawer" embryo might give you a better chance of a BFP then a lower grade one, but at the end of the day, it's whether the embryo is genetically normal. The scientists can only see so much using a microscope, and unless you have them tested, you don't know, it's pot luck and accounts for why some "dodgy" looking embryo's implant and go on to form healthy babies, and other "perfect" looking embryo's don't(all things being equal with the woman and her oven of course). We put 'em in and we hope for the best as that's all we can do. Well, that's what I think anyway.

Oh, and quickly, Vixjc, I downloaded my meditation from www.anjiionline.com/..she has some short freebie tracks, others you have to pay for. Not sure about the I-Pod, as I downloaded onto my PC and burned it onto a CD (so old school I know!!) Anyway Luv, hope this helps and good luck to you too!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-03-2014 at 10:53.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-03-2014),emski72  (30-03-2014),forevagods  (02-04-2014),MGC Bertie  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

Just been reading back and I don't even know where to start on the personals! There is a lot happening here. It's lovely to have some new people, even though I hope their stay here is short!

AFM, we are right into planning our first donor cycle. It's been both stressful and exciting. After a few false starts we have chosen a donor and we signed contracts last week. I am so excited about the donor. We loved her profile so I hope it goes ahead smoothly now. I'm yet to pay the deposit though as the clinic wanted me to have an ultrasound to check my fibroid situation before going ahead. I did that this morning and I'm happy that whilst I still have fibroids there are still none in the uterus or impinging on it. I got the impression that they wouldn't let me do the donor cycle if they were impacting the uterus and that I'd have to get them removed first. I know they'd be 100% right but I just didn't want to have to deal with that on top of everything else.

Interesting to read the conversation on how many embryos to put in. Our FS wouldn't let us do more than one due to my past uterine surgery. Has anyone else had that said to them? If I was using my own eggs I'd comfortably push for 2 now. We only plan to put one in for the donor cycle though.

Sorry for the very 'me' post.

X

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrs Erin R - so exciting regarding your donors and I'm going to consider donor egg if and when Im done with the 'own eggs' fiasco lol. Regarding fibroids yes I have had a lap myomectomy to remove a 12cm one and yes I have previously been told that post-myomectomy, there is a risk of uterine rupture in pregnancy due to scarring, depending on what kind of incision you had to remove the fibroid. Hence initially I only had one transferred. We really are only putting 3 back to get one. I'm not sure if this means the weakness in the uterine wall is permanent though, or whether it gets better over time, as its been roughly 16 months since the procedure.
    Its really exciting you have made that decision, I think you DE girls are real go getters and thats great you sound very happy with your choice of donor.
    When are you scheduled to go? R u doing Cape Town?
    @Blonde - yes, a TSH of 4 or over represents 'sub-clinical hypothyroidism' - my TSH was discovered to be out of whack on my first pregnancy bloods actually by my GP and there was a mad scramble to replace it and get it down below 2.0 (mines 1.5 now) but unfortunately I miscarried. Its pretty stable now which is a relief. It's sad because the emby is totally reliant on mums thyroxine until end of first trimester.

Regarding PCOS - that has crossed my mind, FS says he doesn't know. My amh is 24 which seems high and it does seem odd I made 4 blasts on 150 last August. I have many of the symptoms, but regular periods. I tried 187.5 for my first and hyper stimulated and only got 2 blasts anyway. I do feel that high doses produce a lot of wonky eggs maybe.

we used Dhs frozen sperm this time and it astounded me that the fert rate was 100%, but hey the embies could still all be duds right

I was reading a paper last night also, that says that we know now from pgd, that you can have 2 identical 'perfect blasts' but one can still be aneuploid. It's totally a craps shoot isn't it, oh golden egg where r u Poor DH keeps saying well you know our luck it's either nothing or triplets. So supportive.
    @vix I agree transferring 2 donor embies could be an extreme sport. I think you're very wise seeing how you go with 2 this time. Surely this is your time x

Good luck everyone xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi girls, just back from transfer with 2 x day 5 hatching blasts on board, looks like there may only be one to freeze (3 others were lagging) so pretty much all hope is pinned on these two little buggers inside. Taking it easy watching dvds in the hotel room and ordering room service for the rest of the day. Was hoping we'd have more to freeze, but have to remember these are 22 y.o eggs!
    Em x

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2014),Butterfly39  (30-03-2014),ertgirl  (29-03-2014),Leomum  (29-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (30-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (29-03-2014),Twocam  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Hi girls, just back from transfer with 2 x day 5 hatching blasts on board, looks like there may only be one to freeze (3 others were lagging) so pretty much all hope is pinned on these two little buggers inside. Taking it easy watching dvds in the hotel room and ordering room service for the rest of the day. Was hoping we'd have more to freeze, but have to remember these are 22 y.o eggs!
    Em x
    Emski, I'm so pleased for you! Will be thinking of you & sending all the sticky vibes we can to you. The 2ww sucks, but we're all here for you xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

emski72  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly, I had a lap myomectomy too, for a 13cm fibroid so we have that in common! Mine was 10 years ago though. I wonder if the scars do get stronger over time. I always thought there was something like 6 months to heal and then it's as good as it will ever be. My scar looks like a c-section scar. I have a high AMH for my age too, but no PCOS. I wonder if there is some connection as I do understand fibroids are a result of hormones somehow. Sonographer said that today too.

Yes, we are going to Cape Town. We hope to go in May but dates are yet to be confirmed.

Yay Emski, as always my fingers are crossed for you!

X

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I was on this thread a while... I've been catching up on what is happening.
    Welcome to all the new ladies!!!

Big congratulations to all the bfp's...you gals if us hope..!

Chris - when I read about your journey, it is very similar to mine...wishing you luck...

Panda - have been thinking of you... Your time is coming close...so exciting!!!!

Em - 2x 22 year old eggs making it to 5 day blasts...! Way to go..!!

Vix - I'm interested in your DE journey...

Springy - how are you going..?

Afm... My fd wants me to do another cycle with my own eggs but I'm looking at DE in USA.... So confused.... A friend of a friend offered her eggs but she is not a good resemblance to me... Not sure which direction to go...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (30-03-2014),SpringRain  (30-03-2014),Team panda  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs. Erin if you have a c section scar then it sounds like you had an open procedure not laparascopic? I think the bottom line for us is that we can never go into labour, we have to have c sections always now as I think that even a healed scar can rupture during contractions. Having said that, the rate of actual rupture post lap myomectomy is low, not sure if that is true of open ?

Emski, really hope this works for you, I have everything crossed.

I'm trying not to do too much under instructions from my fs, but I am going to do some light gardening which will mainly involve lots of pointing while my brother does the bulk of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay good luck to everyone in a cycle or preparing.

When I was preparing for IVF I was also warned my fibroid scars might be an issue. It turned out it was the small one they hadn't removed that was almost my undoing. Due to pregnancy hormones it grew to more than 10cm and after the birth prevented my uterus from contracting properly. I lost more than 2L of blood, had emergency surgery and 3 blood transfusions. Not to scare anyone, but just so you know it is important to monitor them.

AFM we are doing great, bubby is 10 weeks today

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

forevagods  (02-04-2014),MGC Bertie  (30-03-2014),mrsmac123  (31-03-2014),Team panda  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly, when you said 'lap' I thought you meant laparotomy...ie: open. That's amazing that you had a 12cm fibroid removed laparoscopically! Mind you, it was 10 years ago for me so things have probably advanced. You could do it laparoscopically back then and I think they took it out in pieces. I think mine was in an awkward position though.

I have always been told since then that I can't go into labour. I'd need to have c-section.