Closed Thread
Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja It means Pregnant until proven otherwise

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

forevagods  (02-04-2014),JulieMalooley  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    *Warning....Thread Crasher....."

Hi Ladies...................

Apologies for crashing your thread, but as a fellow "Triple Transferee", I just wanted to wish Butterfly all the best. I've transferred three on my last 2 Cycles as you will see from my signature and am now just over 17 wks pregnant with a healthy baby girl (DP and I decided to have a CVS procedure performed at 12 wks as we wanted to do diagnostic testing instead of just relying on the screening tests of bloods/scans).

The policy at my clinic is that they will transfer up to 3 embryo's for women 40yrs+ who have had multiple transfer failures. It's also up to the individual FS to decide their own limitations regarding how many embryo's they're willing to transfer.

We decided to transfer 3 on Cycles 4 and 5 after I'd done truckloads of research myself (I think I've read the same articles/studies as you Butterfly) and for many of the same reasons as Butterfly...my age, multiple transfer failures, average grade embryo's (none of our excess embryo(s) in past cycles were ever of a good enough quality to freeze although funnily enough, the "3 Amigo's" I transferred last cycle were actually of a high enough grade to freeze on transfer day though still not graded the highest possible) and the fact that a multiple pregnancy was a very slim possibility at my age using my own eggs (something we were definitely not aiming for..lol). If our embryo's had of been "top drawer" on the day of transfer, I would only have ever transferred 2 in any cycle at the very most but they never have been.

Ok, will sneak off back to my own thread now!! Just wanted to let you know that although, as Butterfly pointed out, a triple transfer isn't all that common, it certainly does happen. Wishing all you lovely ladies the very best of luck and sending you copious amounts of too!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 28-03-2014 at 14:57.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (28-03-2014),ertgirl  (28-03-2014),forevagods  (02-04-2014),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2014),Leomum  (29-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (28-03-2014),Precious40  (29-03-2014),Team panda  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi gals..I read regularily all your journeys

even though my ivf journey is over....of course that is only if I dont win lotto or marry a millionaire...so we will say that its over..lol..lol...

Im so happy to see so many go the donor egg route and have success.. Im sure once they draw breath and get into the pregnancy they will all echo my words about how genetics really dont matter in the end.
    Ironically I get told by everyone how much DS looks like me... good donor pick or epigenetics...who knows... but he is growing very well and hitting his milestones which is a huge thing for a congenital CMV bub.. sort of says that the wiring was not damaged...we still have years of hearing and vision tests and the worry of hearing loss up to 5yrs but for now we are going well.

ive been reading about the egg transfer numbers... i started my journey at 41yr and always had 3 x day 3 (even when good quality) or 2 blasts...both clinics I went to were happy to do this. ironically with DD she was an identical twin..other one stopped growing at 8 weeks.
    I always read in the journals that on average it took 3 x day3 to make a single viable blast..
    so at the end of the day it just depends what you are comfortable with.

congrats to the bfps..so good to see...
    team panda.. so close... soon you will know the meaning of unconditional love.
    emski.. so glad you went to SA... i hope you get a nice lot of blasts.

anyway know im reading...
    hugs to you all... and remember that you will get the prize, either your own eggs or donor eggs.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-03-2014),Butterfly39  (28-03-2014),emski72  (28-03-2014),forevagods  (02-04-2014),MGC Bertie  (28-03-2014),Team panda  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Blonde and Micca for the support - it means a lot - it's so good to know I'm not in unchartered territory and others have gone before me

When I posted my news it was a triple in the March thread I think there was complete shock followed by a shower of triplets comments hehe noobz

@BlondeinBrisvegas congrats on your pregnancy and well done ! If I may ask how many cells were the 3 amigos? And also what supplements did you take? Any growth hormone? X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone,

Butterfly congratulations on being PUPO I'll be watching on to see how you're going. BiB good to see you pop in!
    Micca - glad to hear you're going well -

Not much to report from South Africa, besides me eating too much lol... transfer is tomorrow so I've been getting in all the things I may have to give up for a few months, like wine, soft cheese and I'm starting today with a hot stone massage at the hotel.

I still don't know how many embies we have to work with - I didn't want to be stressing about fert rates the whole trip so have not pushed for the info. I'll find out tomorrow when we go in for transfer. If there is an issue they normally call you do come in for a day 3 transfer so it must be looking ok.
    Will report back once I have more info.

I met up with a group of ladies & their partners from the SA donor egg board the other night and we had a great night just talking about our experiences and the blokes were very interesting to listen to as well. I think they really enjoyed it as they don't tend to 'talk it out' like us girls.

Anyway - I'm off to get pummeled with some hot rocks
    Em xx

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-03-2014),Butterfly39  (29-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (28-03-2014),micca  (29-03-2014),mrsmac123  (28-03-2014),Precious40  (29-03-2014),Team panda  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I very definately am a n00b so i have only dealt with my clinic not even one cycle, this thread and any other reading has largely been over my head until I actually have started.. my clinic said they would do 2 for me on my first go without even knowing my egg quality or response to the drugs.,.which surprised the hell out of me..just because im 41..
    Their opinion...it definately increases the likelihood of success per cycle ....so yes its unlikely all will take so the multiples become less the issue but hopefully it speeds things up by trying more than one at once. Until 2 weeks ago I hadnt even gotten to the stage of thinking about all that so along the way I had concluded you were not allowed to do 3 not sure why maybe because it is the most I had known on this thread.... I would like to ask my clinic if they would for future reference knowing how I am panicking about time.

This definately is the hardcore thread lol and the place I learn what is possible

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 28-03-2014 at 20:54.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for tomorrow Em you must be so excited its such a big thing to get where you are you women on here amaze me

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Butterfly: The "3 Amigo's" were a 5 cell, 6 cell and a 7 cell when transferred. They had less than 10% fragmentation and no multinucleation seen in the cells. Embryologist told me that morning when I spoke to him on the ph prior to heading in for the transfer that they were definitely good enough to freeze and were of a Grade 4 standard (5 being the highest at my clinic), but because they hadn't reached the 8 cell stage at that time (even though two of them had reached the 6-8 cell guideline of a Day 3 embryo) their policy in the lab (despite the embryo's not being the full 72hrs old yet either) meant he had to grade them a 3 which is Average at my clinic. The remaining embryo was a 4 cell that was left in the dish to see what happened, and unsurprisingly, it kicked the bucket between the Morula/Blastocyst stage

I tried Saizen on Cycle 4 but felt it made no discernible difference to my egg quality but am glad I tried it just the same as I won't ever be left wondering I also took a truckload of supplements on both Cycle 4 and 5. The list I'm about to post is what my FS gives to all his ladies to take as a matter of course to improve egg quality (he also has a list for men to take too to improve sperm quality). I took the following list for a period of approx. 7 weeks before starting Cycle 4 but felt that I hadn't taken them for long enough to reap the full benefits, so after that cycle's BFN, I started taking them all again non-stop in the lead up to Cycle 5. I also added a couple of other supplements to the list after Cycle 4 which I will put a * in front of so you know which one's

Folic Acid..5 mg's a day, Berocca..1 a day, Fish Oil...1000mg's a day, Zinc...40 mg's a day, Vitamin E...500mg(1000iu) a day, Co-Enzyme Q10..200-400mg's a day(I took 300mg's),Low dose aspirin..100mg's a day, DHEA..75mg's a day (3x25mg caps), Melatonin..1x5mg capsule at night, *Fresh Royal Jelly..1/2 tsp a day, *Vit D..1 a day and *Mega B Vitamin..1 a day. I took this list non-stop for a period of approx. 7 months. I also had an Endometrial Scratch done prior to starting both Cycle 4 and 5. Oh, and I also had regular massage throughout the stimming phase and right up to ET for Cycle 5 as well as doing a guided meditation nearly everyday (one especially designed for us IVF'ers that I downloaded off the net) too which I found really helped with my stress and anxiety.

Thanks for your congrat's Luv, I really appreciate it. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. and to you. I'll be watching for your updates.

A quick shout out to Emski......Hello Luv, just wanted to wish you all the very best of luck with transfer. Am so glad things seem to be working out so well for you and your DH (as you say, no news from them at the clinic seems to be good news) and that you're both enjoying yourselves while you're there too. The hot stone massage sounds devine!! Here's to you being PUPO very soon!!! and to you girl!! I'll be watching!!

And just quickly, before I slink back over to my thread, Mrs Mac: For us older women, they usually will transfer 2 embryo's straight off the bat so to speak, as yes, they believe it does increase our chances of getting a BFP with the theory being (to my understanding), that one embryo can help the other to "get over the line" so to speak if you get what I mean??

Ok, time to vacate this thread Good luck once again to all you lovely ladies. I regularly follow this thread from the sidelines, so will be watching you all to see how you're doing. and to you all!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-03-2014 at 06:07.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (29-03-2014),mrsmac123  (31-03-2014),Precious40  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again Blonde, I've been compiling and revising, and researching my supplement list madly so that is awesome to have yours from WDA. The dose of melatonin seems much higher ... I've been looking at 3mg mostly...anyone else on 5mg? I guess there must be reasons for this.

Interesting regarding the guided meditation, I had been looking into transcendental meditation for blood pressure among other things and Stanford/Harvard have been performing eegs and brain scans on Tibetan monks, noting how they don't develop dementia and have excellent blood pressure etc, not to mention they live longer! I think we will see many more health practitioners recommending meditation for general wellness in future.

I completely gave up caffeine and that has been a big thing for me. Switching to decaf in the interim really helped. But, it's interesting, you take all these extra vitamins and focus on your diet, and you really do feel great and begin to see how others might be lacking also. The downside is they keep dropping in at my house for yummy snacks and eating all my chia! Grr!

My embies - this might help someone - were 1x8 cell with slight fragmentation, and 2 'perfect' 7 cells with equal cell size and no fragmentation. I didn't ask for grades though.... Always get really 'bunny in the headlights' for the transfer. I'm hoping my embies might like being out back early this time - it's the first time I didn't make blasts - should have been up a bit higher on the gonal as 150 is probably too low for me now with the passage of time rearing its ugly head and I approach my 41st bday this year. Boo!

Mrs Mac - we know its ur first cycle but you've had a steep learning curve in here with these ladies! it's awesome you got 2 first go - I only got 1 as it was hatching and I was 39. Hope ur all fired up for Sunday! I think it's really, really encouraging you got pregnant naturally. Hope hubby is prepared for 'road rage'! Lol

Emski - jealous of the hot rocks sounds Devine !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Emski! I want me some of them hot rocks! That sounds like an awesome way to start the day! I have everything crossed for you today

On the discussion about the number to transfer, in Greece I'll be getting three. Last trip they only had 3 fertilise and were going to transfer all of them if they survived but only 2 survived to day three so they transferred two. I'm with a different clinic this time but they also intend to transfer three. It's not uncommon in Greece to transfer four in older mums I think - but three will do me just fine - particularly since the donor will be so young rather than my old eggs!

I have my first scan on Monday to check how my lining is growing. I'm a little nervous as this is the point it started to get insanely stressful last time.

I'm interested in those meditation tracks you ladies have been talking about - where do I download them from? Can I get it for my ipod from itunes?

11 sleeps to go!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post: