Closed Thread
Page 33 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No it has no effect on the egg harvest the tubes are only the highway the egg/embryo travels on from the ovary to the uterus in a natural cycle/pregnancy.,now when I ovulate my eggs just drop into my abdomen ...with egg pick up they just stick the needle through the wall of your vagina straight to the ovary so with ivf a tube is useless as far as I can tell. In fact women like me supposedly with no tubes are the best candidates because of the chances of EP from the embryo being sucked up are always there. Thing is I was told I would have no more EP then my discharge papers say what dr google describes as a partial tube removal previously..I want clarification on how much is there and what state the dead end is in.. in ivf with an embryo transfer if it blows that way before it implants... its likely to get stuck again.., and..noone will be looking for EP because of not being properly advised... not 3 weeks ago I told my fs I was safe from EP ever again so its in their notes to not look... basically then discharge papers came since... and are contradictory ...how do I get someone to discuss this with me from a public hospital before my ET around april 14 I dont know as it would take a 3 min phone call but the lady I spoke to basically said fat chance..., and to get an appt is like 8 weeks

I just feel so helpless like I could die but the medical profession still dont listen after all that to answer one question to stop it or just put my mind at ease

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 27-03-2014 at 16:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mrs mac ring the patient liason service at the hospital (fancy new way of saying the complaints department) and maybe they can assist u.

well I am pupo... I've got my wish of 3 today - 2 perfect looking 7 cells and one 8 cell with 1+ fragmentation on board. Hope 1 sticks. Let the googling begin!

Panda - lol@still no baby room completed. I think I would opt for a bassinet too. how do people let them out of their site? My mum apparently had me in an open drawer for a while - probably not recommended though. I don't think Ivf mums do the room until 38weeks 'just in case' lol and they probably won't let anyone else hold them either ... Poor baby probably gets sick of being smothered hehe
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 27-03-2014 at 16:27.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly- lol, so true about ivf mums, (and probably older mums!)
    Congratulations on being pupo! Wow can't believe you've put 3 in! Hope to hear some good news soon!
    mrsmac yes there must be a complaints department who you can make a complaint to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMac you've had such a rough trot - those bloody ectopics are damn painful! When I had an ET after my ectopic I had to fight the urge to "shimmy" all the time in an attempt to shake the little beans into the right spot My ectopic was fimbrial - right at the end of the fallopian tube - they didn't find it till afterwards but fortunately for me it was 'self resolving' and didn't explode ...

Can you get your FS to call the hospital? They'll probably respond better to a Dr than to a mere patient

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Panda I feel I have read so many papers about where to go from here in the past month... Research does seem to be swinging in favour of higher numbers of embies for us over 40s who have had a few failures under our belts. I read one paper last night that showed the optimum number for a pregnancy for over 40s was 4 (which is current practice in the USA). Triplets are only 1-2% as multiples are less common in older Ivf patients, and the embies don't tend to split like the younger ones can.
    I read one paper where a 36 year old transferred 2 and one split to 2 and the other split to 3, and she had a selective reduction of the triplets. Pretty scary. Anyway knowing my luck none will stick anyway, but at least I am throwing everything at it, so to speak. I feel I have made a very informed choice at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being pupo with 3 butterfly39 its very exciting i have asked for 2 my first go I was surprised they agreed straight up I didnt think in Australia you could do more than 2 either. They told me that twin pregnancies are high risk but yes with older women it increases the success rate of having at least 1 survive.

Vix ive had 3 EP thats why I still dont understand why pple ignore me when I have a legitimate reason for wanting/needing to know esp so soon after I was misdiagnosed. Its not like I am asking about a potential infected bloody pimple. Problem is you call and get a receptionist who is there to screen calls and has no clue or care about an individuals sob story so it doesnt get passed on.

I got the go ahead to start my injections on sunday eeeeeek so excited. My sister had her baby on tuesday and I nursed him today.., as soon as I saw him I cried he was so beautiful I was so happy for her...for her being so lucky.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (28-03-2014),Team panda  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Mac there is actually no legal limit in number of embryos transferred in Australia - the limits are ethical, aimed at reducing the twinning rate. As well as the risk of twins being lower in women over forty, the other unusual thing is that when women over 40 actually do have twins, the rate of complications are actually smaller when compared with younger women. (Counterintuitive!).
    The clinic decided that in achieving a pregnancy for me the risk of multiples was an acceptable one since we are not transferring high quality blasts this cycle, and that I have had so many failures. I was not allowed to transfer 2 first cycle as I had 2 hatching blasts so they only put one in and I wish I had gone for 2 as one was wasted in a thaw for an FET. Good luck! Don't worry about the injections, you get used to them very quickly. I actually enjoy them. Makes me feel like Im doing something.

All the best for your cycle. X

If this doesn't work we will crank up the fsh and try growth hormone.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 28-03-2014 at 06:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly good on you for being super informed and making decisions based on on your own research. The story about having reductions are the most awful thing. I don't like the idea of further invasiveness after the embryos start growing. I spoke about this with my acupuncturist in the mary koustas case when she lost the singleton after having a reduction. I wonder if there was too much intervention in the womb and the other one just couldn't survive it. So so sad.
    anyway I always had 2 transferred. The last time the second one did attach but it didn't continue to grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya Panda the Mary K case was simply heartbreaking, I really felt for her and her DH. So happy she has a little one now and they have their happy ending.
    In the course of my travels I read a recent case study of a situation where the woman had 2 blasties, both split, resulting in 2 sets of twins. She opted to continue the pregnancy of all babies without reduction. They were managed with intensive observation at a top hospital and successfully delivered both sets at a reasonable gestation, and subsequently all babies did well without any complications.

I remember when you lost the other one Panda, it was round the same time as I lost mine last year. It was great to read that you still had one baby, i was worried you were miscarrying both... Anyway I hope you post a little pic when she hatches

Emski good luck for your transfer Saturday

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MrsMac, looks like you an me are starting at the same time !! I started injections today 900 of gonal f plus luveris for the first 2 days, then down to 450 gonal f plus luveris for the remaining 7 days. My clinic are getting a bit desperate on my behalf
    Around the easter long weekend we should be due for the results but I'm feeling lucky this time !!
    Regarding the number of embryos transferred, I have asked every doctor, nurse, my fs and anyone else who was even slightly relevant at my clinic if I could transfer more than 2 embryos and its always a resounding NO. I'm pretty keen on it because I have 3 frozen and dont want to have to pay for 2 more cycles, but anyway, I've given up asking now
    I think on the high doses I'm on this time, I'll make a gradual transformation into a whale over the next 10 days, but I'm really looking forward to it.
    Can I ask a dumb question - what does pupo mean?