Closed Thread
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Leyshoja and Chris. Leyshoja - sorry don't know about vacuoles. Agree with Octoberbaby don't give up hope. Even with my last cycle the 4 embryos were all looking good giving me a lot of hope, and then at day 4 two just decided to arrest. So you cant really go buy their appearance. They can look good and not go anywhere and by the same token they can be fragmented and turn into a healthy baby. Welcome Chris and fingers crossed this is the one for you. Can I ask how many cycles you have done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Team panda View Post
    Hi Leyshoja and Chris. Leyshoja - sorry don't know about vacuoles. Agree with Octoberbaby don't give up hope. Even with my last cycle the 4 embryos were all looking good giving me a lot of hope, and then at day 4 two just decided to arrest. So you cant really go buy their appearance. They can look good and not go anywhere and by the same token they can be fragmented and turn into a healthy baby. Welcome Chris and fingers crossed this is the one for you. Can I ask how many cycles you have done?
    Hi Team Panda

I hate to say it but I've almost lost count of my cycles. I did 4 stim cycles at Melb IVF (probably had a further 4 frozen cycles from those stims), then at Monash I did 3 stim cycles and two frozen cycles.

About 6 months ago my husband and I decided we had reached the end of road and needed to consider donor eggs. My only reservation was that we have unexplained infertility so with a history of 4 mc's and probably 3-4 chemicals I was worried that if my issue wasn't egg quality but something else, we could possibly go down the donor route and I would mc again.

I go to Dr Nick at Monash who believes my issue was too many NK killer cells which was killing off the embryo's (apparently I have 3 times the normal amount of NK cells). But now im 42 he thinks my issue has turned into an egg quality one. To set my mind at ease I decided before I did egg donor I wanted to get the quality of my embies tested with PGD to make sure Im not just miscarrying good embryos (otherwise no point in doing donor).

The plan was to do 2 cycles and stockpile embies for PGD testing in USA. Unfortunately they were my 2 worst cycles ever and we only got one blast from each cycle worth testing. Based on this we decided the expense of PGD for 2 embies wasn't worth it so I had them both transferred. Which are the two embies I currently have on board now. And weirdly with all my past history I have never had such strong results from a POAS which is why I'm trying to keep everything crossed.

If for some weird reason this one actually sticks it has come from a cycle that only produced one embryo worth transferring. You just never know!! But I don't mind admitting it here, I'm absolutely petrified of my BT on Mon and having another disappointing mc. Trying hard to keep the faith!

Leyshoja - sorry don't know about vacuoles either. Probably a good thing as it would have just been something else I can stress about. LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chris- Wow that sounds very similar to what I went through in my last cycle in august. After 7 stims and 1 mc we were going to go the pgd route as well. (Mind you we tried it in January 2013 and the embryologist had problems trying to extract the cells so we just put 2 in from a previous cycle - which resulted in a chemical. Ended up getting our money back as it was a waste of time) Anyway in my last cycle I agreed again, very hesitantly mind you, to try pgd in the hope we may have a better result. (we are also with Monash) This last cycle was disappointing, I produced 5 eggs. On day 4, 2 arrested and 2 proceeded to grow. On Day 5 the embryologist called to say she didn't think it was worth doing pgd on 2 embryos and that we should come in straight away and have a transfer. And like you I had a very strong hcg result. I didn't poas but my blood test came back very high. So from 5 down to 2 and down to 1. I cant help you with the next bit because I agree it is petrifying. We have nothing but hope and praying to god and Im not a particularly religious person. But there was a lot of that going on between my husband and I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Team panda View Post
    Chris- Wow that sounds very similar to what I went through in my last cycle in august. After 7 stims and 1 mc we were going to go the pgd route as well. (Mind you we tried it in January 2013 and the embryologist had problems trying to extract the cells so we just put 2 in from a previous cycle - which resulted in a chemical. Ended up getting our money back as it was a waste of time) Anyway in my last cycle I agreed again, very hesitantly mind you, to try pgd in the hope we may have a better result. (we are also with Monash) This last cycle was disappointing, I produced 5 eggs. On day 4, 2 arrested and 2 proceeded to grow. On Day 5 the embryologist called to say she didn't think it was worth doing pgd on 2 embryos and that we should come in straight away and have a transfer. And like you I had a very strong hcg result. I didn't poas but my blood test came back very high. So from 5 down to 2 and down to 1. I cant help you with the next bit because I agree it is petrifying. We have nothing but hope and praying to god and Im not a particularly religious person. But there was a lot of that going on between my husband and I.
    Hey Team Panda, congrats on your bfp, im excited for you and wish you sticky vibes. How far along are you now? Have you had follow up hcg done? It gives me hope to hear someone in a similar situation travelling along nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I spoke to clinic yesterday and asked if there was anyway I could have my blood test done ealier than 12dp5dt. They said they dont do hcg testing over the weekend so suggested I get GP to test so we can compare betas after Mondays test. HCG at 9dp5dt was 190. Keeping fingers crossed now for Monday's results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chris that sounds great! Hopefully it will continue to double every two days. Mine was 471 at 12dp5dt. I'm now at 30 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chris and Leyshoja welcome to this thread !

Chris congrats - sounds like things are moving in a ++ direction. I have Nick also .. did this BFP come from a stem cell procedure ?

Team panda - wave hello ! and everyone else ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mammalinz, no the frozens on board werent from my stem cell cycle. That cycle was a failure for me. In fact after I did the stem cell Nick told me he wasnt going to be recommending it to anyone until they made tweaks to the program as it was still very much in experimental phase and only 2 out of about 20 or more girls had got pregnant. Not sure if they did change the program after I did it. Have you done stem cell?

Team Panda, wow 30 wks thats so exciting. Not long to go now!

Well i had 2nd bt today and numbers have gone from 190 at 9dp5dt to 800 at 12dp5dt. Such a relief but already wondering what nexts weeks numbers will be and hoping for the best.

Does anyone know if 800 is high for 12dp5dt. The only experience ive had is with very low hcg numbers or numbers that havent doubled like they should. My friend who has ivf twins was 323 at 11dp5dt so she thinks i may have multiples on board.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS. Mammalinz I noticed the bfp on your signature. Are u also currently preg?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Chris9 and congratulations on your BFP!

My understanding is those numbers are great. My first beta was 211 and pretty much kept doubling from there. Your first beta was great and is rising perfectly. All looks good!